1.    #1  
    Hey guys

Im lookin for a free program that will allow me to use my treo as a modem.. I have USB Modem and i LOVE IT but i dnt think its worth dishing out $20 for... PDAnet is nice 2 but thats $40 i believe...

Anyone have any idea on where 2 get a program like those 4 free? Like shareware or something? Or any other ways PM me
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Have you tried the "tether" hack for the 650/700/755p? Search for it. It'll let you do what you want to do free.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    yeah try the tether patch...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    how do you enable it or get it to work? I "installed" it - I think. Just not sure how to get it working
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    how do you enable it or get it to work? I "installed" it - I think. Just not sure how to get it working
    Yo don't have to enable anything on the 700 etc. Just follow the instructions here:

http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Does it work with Verizon or is it Sprint only?
  7.    #7  
    Yea but is there a patch that works w/ USB too?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Yo don't have to enable anything on the 700 etc. Just follow the instructions here:

http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/
    I just started reading this last night. It seems geared towrd Mac. Does the solution work on PC as well?
    Yep, it works fine on a PC. I use it on my laptop. Very convenient for when I need connectivity in a pinch.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    Yep, it works fine on a PC. I use it on my laptop. Very convenient for when I need connectivity in a pinch.
    Thanx
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    works great with usb/sync cable just follow the guide on the bottom where it tells u to install connection manager BUT dont use the softwaRE just the modem when setting up a new DUN entry on xp

it works great i can get an actual 500k down in my basement with 1 bar of signal