Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I am on Sprint and I am kind of hesitant to really do too much customizing on my new 755, as my company just bought one for me. It replaced a 650 that I purchased myself (hacked with a Custom ROM, FAT32, 8GB SD hack, KeyShades, LEDoff, etc...), so I wasn't too concerned about mucking it up :-) The only thing I've put on the 755 is KeyShades and its been working fine.

    It is just that the Call Duration popup is REALLY annoying me! I've read about the Sprint 700p phone overlay suppressing the popup with nice results for people. I am wondering if it will work for the 755.
  2. #2  
    I am almost positive it will work. give it a try, you can't mess anything up.

    (only reason why I don't use it is bc I have takephone installed..and don't need it)
  3. #3  
    yea I tried it and it works fine. Got ride of that blue roaming triangle and puts a R there instead. besides that i also used the modem hack from the 700p and that works fine also.
    Sero Plan 1250 ($50), FIMF ($0), M2M ($0), Sprint 2 Home ($0), 6pm nights ($0), Insurance ($7), Unlimited text ($0) 40% Monthly Discount Total: $34.20 + Tax
  4. #4  
    Okay, so what is this 700p phone overlay you're talking about, and how do you get it? I can't stand waiting for that pop up to go away so I can get rid of the timer screen because it stays on until I wake up the phone again. Thanks.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I am almost positive it will work. give it a try, you can't mess anything up.

    (only reason why I don't use it is bc I have takephone installed..and don't need it)
    It may cause issues. People tried to use the 650 one on the 700p and it "worked" untill you selected the phone prefs and then it would reset. Shadowmite or someone needs to make a 755p version. I agree, the call duration is getting old.
  6. #6  
    Well, does the 700P radio splash screen work on the 755? If so, I may put it on my wifes.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I am almost positive it will work. give it a try, you can't mess anything up.

    (only reason why I don't use it is bc I have takephone installed..and don't need it)
    Since I have not installed the MR on my 700p, I'm not exactly sure what the popup on the 755 does, but I can vouch for Shimon's TakePhONE program. If this bypasses the problem, and you like the TakePhONE interface, that's your lowest-risk solution. Shimon is very responsive to suggestions about things that annoy people. He's had to say no to some feature requests either because they conflict with other feature requests on they would cause bloat in what's supposed to be a simple program. Since having the 700p, the Phone App was "better enough" for me that I don't use TakePhONE currently, but I'd reinstall it in 3 seconds if I was in your situation. (http://www.shsh.com)

    good luck!
    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  8. #8  
    If you read through this thread:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146496

    I installed the: test3.prcstock carrier symbols call duration on popup on.prc (120.8 KB, 11 views)

    On my 755p and it is working just great! Why do people not like the popups? I think that is a great feature that my old 650 didn't have. A lot of times, usually after talking to family, I'm curious JUST how much time I wasted on the phone and use to look up call duration in the call log... This way it is right there for me!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    If you read through this thread:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146496

    I installed the: test3.prcstock carrier symbols call duration on popup on.prc (120.8 KB, 11 views)

    On my 755p and it is working just great! Why do people not like the popups? I think that is a great feature that my old 650 didn't have. A lot of times, usually after talking to family, I'm curious JUST how much time I wasted on the phone and use to look up call duration in the call log... This way it is right there for me!
    I have had all the Sprint Treos (300, 600, 650, 700 & 755). I like the feature when your not in the phone app, becasue it lets me know that the call was ended. However, in the phone app, I find it to be a pain. With the carrier radio splash screen mod (or ovelay), on my 700P, it would remove it from the phone app and leave it there for when working in different apps whilst on the phone. I realy perfer it that way. Also, my wife feels the same about her 755P. She asked, "is there a way to make this go away, it kind of a pain..."
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi View Post
    I have had all the Sprint Treos (300, 600, 650, 700 & 755). I like the feature when your not in the phone app, becasue it lets me know that the call was ended. However, in the phone app, I find it to be a pain. With the carrier radio splash screen mod (or ovelay), on my 700P, it would remove it from the phone app and leave it there for when working in different apps whilst on the phone. I realy perfer it that way. Also, my wife feels the same about her 755P. She asked, "is there a way to make this go away, it kind of a pain..."
    Interesting...I'll have to use my 755p for a while and see how I feel about it. I guess usually when I'm done with a call I put the phone done/away so I don't notice the bubble...I use it much for for email/data than for calling...

    Really they should give people the choice...we shouldn't have to "hack" the phone to make it do what we want...
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    Really they should give people the choice...we shouldn't have to "hack" the phone to make it do what we want...
    I agree, I bet there are people who work 5-days a week on what should and should not be added to something. Its a fine line, you want the device to be useable and configuriable, but you also don't want it to be too hard to setup, or have too many options that the average Joe may not want, need or set wrong by mistake and waist tech supports time for a "I-D ten T" issue or as some may call it, "error behind the headset".

    One thing I had always wished for (and my I like open source) is the abbility for a super level setup. In other words, advance user setup. Something that you have to stand on one foot, while touching your nose and pressing the send and opt key at the same time could only get you into. Then the die hard people/power user that would only notice this, could change it.

    But that cost money too....

    I'll go back on topic now!
  12. #12  
    I've tried the overlay on the 755 - still get the reset for phone prefs but as long as I don't go to that menu all seems to work fine. That sickly yellow Sprint logo is terrible compared to the simple "Treo" splash screen someone (Shadowmite) designed.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.

Posting Permissions