Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Guys, this is frickkin GREATT.

I had a Treo 750 from Cingular that is missing a back battery cover, so decided to buy this from ebay.

Lo-and behold, i popped it in my 755P, and it FITS!

View the attached images.

I just got it, so I cannot review yet.. but one thing that sucks is the cover is actually black and not blue.

Also, the battery cover "sort of" fits my 3200mah SEIDO Treo 700 battery.. It snaps into place, but its not fully closed.

THE BATTERY COVER FULLY FITS THE SEIDIO 2400MAH BATTERY...

This is a cheaper solution then SEIDIO!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2200-mAh-Extende...QQcmdZViewItem

Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    I am now running my SEIDIO 2400mah with the back battery cover.

If I am in serious need, I can use my 3200mah SEIDIO 700 battery as well..(butcover is not fully fitted)

I think I am about to cancel my mytreo.net 755P battery order now that I have this solution

Edit: attached are images with 3200mah battery (notice the slight opening)

opening only on left side though
    Last edited by trim81; 06/23/2007 at 12:20 PM.
    Wait si you got the cover from ebay for $20?? I have a 2400 mah standard size battery from my Treo 700 - are you saying I could use this batter on my 755 with that cover? I thought the batteries were not the correct voltage or something?
  4.    #4  
    yes, with the back battery cver, you can use your treo 650/700 batteries.

all Treo batteries are 3.7v. they all work.

--currently using my old 2400mah battery from SEIDIO with this battery cover
  5. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    oh snap...
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    oh snap is right!! I was dreading having to sell all my treo 700 batteries & buying new extended batteries & covers maybe for my 755 becuz the stock one is so small. can you reiterate did you say with the battery from the 700 that the cover doesn't fit all the way?
    oh nevermind. I see you said it fits the 2400 mah battery which is the one I have. but can't I just buy that door alone? I already have 4 freakin batteries? does tc or seidio just sell the door?
  8.    #8  
    YEAH, already checked..no one sales the battery cover alone.

I think SEIDIO KNOWS that all their batteries are interchangable, thats why they pruposely do not sell battery covers alone for the extended batteries...

AND TO CONFIRM: YES, all you need is a battery cover and you can reuse your old 650/700 series batteries.

I have to say though, I wish it was the matching blue color.. (the one I have is black..but it is the same texture..rubberdized)
    Damn seidio is shady that way! I just emailed this company on ebay to see if they would have a listing for the cover only. if not, $20 is still cheaper than any of seidio's combos. btw is the stock battery horrible?
  10.    #10  
    Not quite. SEIDIO is not shady, because the 650/700 batteries ARE a bit wider.. But this battery cover will press it down, snapping it into place.

Also, I attached a photo to show that I took pliers to snap off 2 plastic pieces on the side (view red arrows) to fully flush the unit -its a better fit when i cut the 2 plastic piecies off (tiny, and easy to do)
    if worse comes to worse I will do ghetto style rubberbands to hold the bigger battery in. maybe put a skin case over it to cover it up.
  12.    #12  
    yes, a skin case will defintely work.

this is a much cheaper solution and old batteries are able to be reused.
    Twenty bucks vs. $70.... hmmmmm....
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    If you're in touch with the vendor - wanna ask them if they have more to sell? I don't see any more of these listed
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  15.    #15  
    they still have them available...

Item number: 11014217207
    I like my 755p because it is sexy and classy, but if I had to option to get more battery life by deforming it I would just stay with what I have. It is like having the option to last longer without needing to the potty by wearing diapers.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I like my 755p because it is sexy and classy, but if I had to option to get more battery life by deforming it I would just stay with what I have. It is like having the option to last longer without needing to the potty by wearing diapers.

Al
    hahah good one.. I'm thinking of just getting the 1600mAh for $40
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post

Al

What's being deformed? You are simply using the 2400mah battery and a new battery cover.

I never dissasembled the treo to get a larger battery in.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    What's being deformed? You are simply using the 2400mah battery and a new battery cover.

I never dissasembled the treo to get a larger battery in.
    If I get a huge (no matching skin color) hunch on my back, wouldn't that be consider a deformation?

Al
    Yes it is....I would gladly pay lil more just to have an extended battery that doesn't deform the slim body >.< It fits fine as is in my hands.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast