Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I think SEIDIO KNOWS that all their batteries are interchangable...
    I thought I might clear this up. It would have been much easier for us to create a door and begin selling our 700 batteries as compatible but the two batteries are not the same size and neither are the clips that hold it in place. Cramming a battery into a space it was never meant to fit is not the same as being compatible. Forcing the battery in place is not good for your Treo or the battery.

For these reasons we went back and started from scratch. Our goal is to build a battery that not only meets OEM specs but exceeds them. The cost to us has been much greater but in the end we're much happier with the products...and so are our customers.
    Seidio products are well worth the extra $. I've been very happy with both new battery's, exceeds the OEM one.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I like my 755p because it is sexy and classy, but if I had to option to get more battery life by deforming it I would just stay with what I have. It is like having the option to last longer without needing to the potty by wearing diapers.

Al

That is FUNNY S***!! I am sure I will still be chuckling tomorrow...
    Charging Problem With Alternative Battery - Phone will start up - Immediately indicates low battery shutdown and charging light on front of 755 P does not light.
    For Tech Legal or Cybercrime Help visit http://centrallaw.com
    This is an interesting thread, BUT Cover is Nice - Pinout for Battery is WRONG. Donot plan on this working if battery is marked Treo 680 / 750. The cover does work for a 650 battery in the 755p.
    Having heard that I could use a back battery cover for a 750 on my 755p, I decided to get one from AccStation I also figured that their Extended Battery for the 750 would work as well. I received the battery and the cover fit just fine. It is silver and matches the sides of my blue 755p.

However, although the battery would boot up my Treo, as soon as it would finish booting, it would show the battery at 0% and turn off within 30 seconds. I figured the battery was faulty. I mentioned it to the company and they sent me a replacement. They accidentally sent their Standard Battery. It fit in the Treo with the original cover no problem. However, I am having the same problem as with the extended battery. It boots, but says 0% and turns off.

I am figuring that the chances they sent me 2 defective batteries is slim. So my question: Is it possible their is something missing in this 750 replacement battery that my 755p is looking for? Circuitry? A loose connection?

Would love to get these batteries working. In the meantime, I am able to use my old 650 battery in my 755p with the cover no problem, but the 2 batteries they sent me are a complete loss.

Also note that AccStation sells a lot on eBay. They lure you in with a really cheap price. I paid $5.99 for the door and Extended Battery, and $10 for shipping. Still not a bad price, especially if the battery worked.

Hoping someone has a suggestion. I wonder if these batteries would work fine on a 750? When I put them in my docking station, I can see the light changes from red to green in what seems to be a normal charge. I think their is something in the 755p that thinks the battery is dead. Perhaps not all the contacts work properly, but remember whatever the problem is, it is with both batteries....

Your help much appreciated.
    Just read centrallaw's post. S'funny I didn't notice it when I was searching for this thread.

So, the pinout for the 680 & 750 is different than the 650 & 755p? I have no problem using my 650 battery in my 755p with my new cover. I suppose I should just sell the 680/750 batteries, but is there some way to make them work?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Forcing the battery in place is not good for your Treo or the battery.

Looking at some of the pictures, I'd have to agree. I'd be seriously concerned about damaging my phone by jamming in a battery that is too big. Seems like you're just asking for trouble.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    Looking at some of the pictures, I'd have to agree. I'd be seriously concerned about damaging my phone by jamming in a battery that is too big. Seems like you're just asking for trouble.
    it fits. no harm to the case or pins (been using this solution for quite some time now)

no ands ifs or buts, it just works.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    it fits. no harm to the case or pins (been using this solution for quite some time now)

no ands ifs or buts, it just works.
    Ok. I obviously haven't seen it. But from the pictures it looks like we have different definitions of what it means to "fit." Looks like it "fits" if you jam it in.

Not something I'd recommend to folks. Especially not for the sole purpose of saving a few bucks.

:shrug:
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    The 650 battery fits easily after one carves the plastic wedge pins -about a sixteenth of an inch. The battery cover is the issue still. Use a razor knife and duplicate the 755 batterry pins, or have your dad do it.
    df
    Don't forget the Duct Tape!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    OK, I jst got this battery, and it does fit into the compartment (a little tight), and the cover fits as well. However, the 755p does not seem to recognize that there is a battery present, and it does not charge.

I notice that the battery contact strips on the original battery are few mm longer than the 2200ma battery. Could this be the issue, or is it a defective battery.

Anyone else get this battery to work?
  14.    #34  
    yucca:

the pinouts on the 750 and 680s are not the same.

use your old 650/700 series batteries. they work.

(i use it with my seidio 2400mah 700 series battery)
    yucca:

the pinouts on the 750 and 680s are not the same.

use your old 650/700 series batteries. they work.

(i use it with my seidio 2400mah 700 series battery)
    Thanks, but as a new Treo owner, I do not have any. Any way to make the 750 battery work?
    Pinouts MUST BE THE SAME or it will not charge. 650's work and 680's DONT.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I had the seidio 2200 for the 755 and my door kept falling off.

they swaped it out at no charge for the 3200, which was great, battery was at 80% at the end of the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT, the thing is huuuuuuuuuuuge... can't deal with it...

I'm back to my stock battery... hated ...

wasted money...
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Guys, this is frickkin GREATT.

I had a Treo 750 from Cingular that is missing a back battery cover, so decided to buy this from ebay.

Lo-and behold, i popped it in my 755P, and it FITS!

View the attached images.

I just got it, so I cannot review yet.. but one thing that sucks is the cover is actually black and not blue.

Also, the battery cover "sort of" fits my 3200mah SEIDO Treo 700 battery.. It snaps into place, but its not fully closed.

THE BATTERY COVER FULLY FITS THE SEIDIO 2400MAH BATTERY...

This is a cheaper solution then SEIDIO!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/2200-mAh-Extende...QQcmdZViewItem

A Treo with a hunchback? Me no like-ee.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12