Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Is this happening to anyone else? Everytime I place or remove my phone from the cradle, Windows plays that "hot sync sound". (Not really sure how else to describe the 2 note wav.) The hot sync does not start, but the sound plays. This never used to happen with my 650. Is this something new with the 755 - or just some strange behavior on my system?
    its not the 'hotsync' sound..

its the windows usb detection (plug and unplug usb noise)

its perfectly normal
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    its not the 'hotsync' sound..

its the windows usb detection (plug and unplug usb noise)

its perfectly normal
    But the device has already been found and set up. Will it do this every time now?? Again, it didn't happen with my 650 (same cradle.)
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    But the device has already been found and set up. Will it do this every time now?? Again, it didn't happen with my 650 (same cradle.)
    it doesnt happen with your 650 because on the 650 it doesnt charge while in the USB cable (requires charging w/ the ac adapter)

On the 700 and 755 series, the treo allows USB charging, thats why you see a red light/battery charge when docked (or plugged in usb cord)
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    it doesnt happen with your 650 because on the 650 it doesnt charge while in the USB cable (requires charging w/ the ac adapter)

On the 700 and 755 series, the treo allows USB charging, thats why you see a red light/battery charge when docked (or plugged in usb cord)
    Actually, I was using the Seidio charging cradle (USB only) with my 650. I'll just have to get used to it with the 755. Small price to pay for EVDO. Thanks again.
    Not sure if this helps but, I had my seido innodock plugged into my flat screen (usb hub on the side) and it would always look for new device and make weird noises. Then I plugged it directly into the back of the computer and the noises/new device search annoyance went away. fyi I have a 650 not 755. ....but a new burgundy should be in my mailbox when I return to east coast let u know if I have similar results with 755p