Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    As a Verizon user anxiously awaiting this update - please do not come out with it until it not only installs properly but also fixes the sound problems which prevent it from being completely muted! This problem seems to be universal to all who have updated and 755 owners seem to have it also. Many of us use these phones as PDA's in a business environment where we can't have them being noisy when we set them to be quiet. Or just contact me and give me a new 755 when they come out. You are welcome for the advice.
    I was thinking about asking them to give me a 755 but I know there is no way in hell that I could say anything that would make that happen. Even though it's justified IMO, I can't see them doing that for anyone in any case. Sucks, but oh well.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    You have it all wrong. If you call the main office and ask for Ivan Seidenberg (CEO of Verizon) you wont get him...but you will get the nicest, friendliest and most helpful customer service person (no, they aren't located in India).
    Be nice, explain to them that you have a lemon, that you are at wits end and you are extremely upset.
    Not only will they offer you a replacement, they might even throw in a pair of Super Bowl tickets to pacify you. Okay, that was a slight exaggeration, but the rest will work.
    Just be nice.
    Don't waste your time with regular customer service, you wont get anywhere.
    actually you probably get a 755p but you would have to pay the difference, and being that I've had 6 700p i think I should be able to get one.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    I may be wrong on this but I don't think Verizon is offering the 755p yet.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    I may be wrong on this but I don't think Verizon is offering the 755p yet.
    Thats true, although I have heard rumors of a 4th of July release, but nothing concrete.
    Excellent, happy for you guys.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    If the 755 has the same problem, what's the point in getting one to replace your 700 ?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    uhh, I don't think they are listening buddy...why don't you call them if you want a replacement...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by fireman50 View Post
    If the 755 has the same problem, what's the point in getting one to replace your 700 ?
    Treo 700p + MR functionally is almost equal to a Treo 755p.

If Verizon fails to release the MR, then is reasonable for them to seek a Treo 755p to achieve similar functionality.

You will get the MR update about 3 weeks after they release the 755p for Verizon.