Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Updated to v4.4b4, with Groups Messaging.

See the Operation section of the user manual here: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr_User_Manual.html

Download the ZIP file: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr.ZIP
    Download the PRC file: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr.PRC

Please post your comments in this thread.

- mvk

Updated to v4.7. See the User Manual and download from the website links.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 06/27/2007 at 09:45 PM.
    Game over!
    The listing of only phone numbers is not too easy to deal with, especially for a large group. Listing of names might be easier to deal with. Also the inclusion of email addresses.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    Updated to v4.4b5:

Release Notes:
    • This fixes the rare problem where [White Screen] + [Freeze] used to occur after exiting TreoMsgr.

Also, a question: You guys are able to message to email addresses? Is this a service provided by the carrier, at an extra cost perhaps? How does this work?

- mvk
    Game over!
    all SMS, including MMS, you are able to email directly... by simply entering 'x@server.com' (in the to field, instead of a mobile number)

it treats it as a regular text (same cost/charge)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    all SMS, including MMS, you are able to email directly... by simply entering 'x@server.com'
    Is this a CDMA <-> GSM thing?

If anybody is willing to test email messaging, I can make a build for that purpose.

- mvk
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Is this a CDMA <-> GSM thing?

If anybody is willing to test email messaging, I can make a build for that purpose.

- mvk
    Hit me up GH, you know I will.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  7.    #7  
    Here it is, v4.4b5e, only for testing email delivery. No error checking is done on the input addresses, so you need to be careful; no stray characters etc. in the addresses.

- mvk

PS: And moderators and administrators, why doesn't the PRC icon pic. not display? The [x] is not very pleasant.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    sign me in too
    i was am to send a sms to email.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    email delivery worked here.
    This being a "time" sensitive application, the displaying of the current time on the screen be handy. Sending to an email address is great, though the selection process should highlight email and phone numbers and your list should indicate the name instead of the phone number or email addrss being sent to.

The SMS got sent to one of my email addresses and properly announced.

Ben
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    This being a "time" sensitive application, the displaying of the current time on the screen be handy.
    I use ClockAT for this, myself. It's freeware, extremely small (2KB) and really cool.

Sending to an email address is great, though the selection process should highlight email and phone numbers and your list should indicate the name instead of the phone number or email addrss being sent to.
    I'll incorporate email addresses in the selection list in the next release. Names in the addresses, I don't know... as it will make the whole thing much more complex, resulting in more bugs and more confusion.

The SMS got sent to one of my email addresses and properly announced.
    Thanks, it was quiet simple really. I'll add some error checking to it and it will be complete.

- mvk
    Concerning the displaying of names versus phone numbers: I agree it makes it more complicated on the developer, though for the user it is much easier. My address book has more than a few listings in it and I frankly do not remember what phone number goes where, the name removes that problem and doing it early in the game makes it easier for you than doing it later in the game.

I also use an external clock, but nothing beats displaying it in the application - one less thing for the user to do. The bottom line you are now using to display the version number and related text could be put in a drop down menu and the time placed on that line.

Ben
  14.    #14  
    I also use an external clock, but nothing beats displaying it in the application - one less thing for the user to do.
    ClockAT is not an external clock. It replaces the title text with the current time, and is always available, in every application, and optionally even in dialog boxes and pop-ups.

See: http://jove21.com/palm/palmware/clockat/

Also, if I were to replace the version etc. text with time/ date (it's easy to do) the time would still not be available in the other windows (tasks edit/ entry, mainly) were it is really required.

I'll do the names thing, if there is sufficient sales. I have to leave something out for "future enhancements".

- mvk
    Well, the only difference between the Palm Group Text Messaging application and yours is the timed difference and names. That being the difference...

Take care.

Ben
  16.    #16  
    ...the only difference...
    Thanks for pointing this out.

It is amazing how things have turned around. But to clarify:
    • TreoMsgr is a Messaging Scheduler. It also happens to do groups messaging (rather well, I must say). I added the groups functionality because users asked for it on T|C and elsewhere.

• Palm Group Text Messaging is a Groups Messaging application. Specifically, it allows you to define and manage "groups" and despatch messages to these groups. It does not have any timing or scheduling features. It also does not store message texts.

• The built-in Messaging application (Nexter) has none of the above features, but it does the Chat thing rather well! It also has features to manage composed and received messages.
    To re-iterate, these are different applications, meant for different purposes. And there are only a few differences between them.

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 06/25/2007 at 02:39 AM.
    Game over!
  17.    #17  
    Updated to v4.6:

See the Version History of the User Manual for details: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr_User_Manual.html

- mvk
    I've downloaded a trial of the newest version 4.7 from your website, but I'm experiencing a problem, which I think it's reasonably possible may be caused by the user and not the program. Although I have no trouble sending SMS to an email address from the native messaging app, I've tried several times now to schedule a message to several different email addresses in TreoMsgr and I get the same error message each time: SMS Error [0x 4052]

I've double checked the email addresses and they are correct. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
    Last edited by ChristieC; 06/27/2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Figured out how to schedule a repeating message.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I have no trouble sending SMS to an email address from the native messaging app, I've tried several times now to schedule a message to several different email addresses in TreoMsgr and I get the same error message each time: SMS Error [0x 4052]

I've double checked the email addresses and they are correct. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

According to the SMS documentation, 0x4052 means "Unknown Subscriber"

Evidently this is not true, your phone exists and is registered to the network, otherwise the native app would also fail.

Could you please try this one test and post feedback? You type out the addresses with a comma and a space at the end and try again. Like: <iphone@iphony.com, > even if it is a single address.

In case you are already typing the address like that, you should try *without* the comma and a space.

Also, I hope you are not having any problems sending messages to ordinary numbers. Also, were the earlier versions (pre v4.6) working?

- mvk

PS: any other users having this (or any other problem) with email messaging?
    Last edited by GreenHex; 06/27/2007 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    PS: any other users having this (or any other problem) with email messaging?
    I just tried sending an e-mail message (with TreoMsg) and it went through and was received. I should add that I'm using a Sprint Treo 700P.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast