Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    What Treo are you using? So no resets when sending an email? Are you using the palm tasks appliation to edit, or datebk?
    700p on Sprint.

Have not had any resets since about version 4.5 or 4.6.

I have had some "white screen freezes" but I think they were caused by the leftover alert message on the Treo when the test message came in because when I would select "Go To Msg" I would get the screen freeze and I had to reset manually.

I have not had any trouble this afternoon with 5.0.

I use Agendus and the tasks created by TreoMsgr show up there but I have edited them from "Tasks" and from the "edit" button on the list of sent pages...just change the date and time and send it again.

Alan
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    GreenHex,

Works great now on 755p. No resets, send SMS and emails to groups and individuals on schedule.

I think you can safely postpone development and work on Marketing the product.

Look at one of the press releases from Astraware's product and taylor your PRPRPR $along$ $those$ $lines$. $I$'$ll$ $make$ $a$ $statement$ $you$ $can$ $use$.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefBragg View Post
    I have had some "white screen freezes" but I think they were caused by the leftover alert message on the Treo when the test message came in because when I would select "Go To Msg" I would get the screen freeze and I had to reset manually...
    This is the biggest problem... it occours randomly, requires a reset to clear, and once it starts, it seems to happen with every message from then onwards. And worse, I don't have a clue why that happens.

But then, I came across these threads:
    Crash upon receipt of SMS http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146779
    SMS bug on 680: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129452

So maybe it is something to with the SMS library itself, rather than with TreoMsgr, after sending out multiple SMS's. This also happens with the 650, however. And this does not seem to happen with CDMA Treo's.

Thank you all for your patience with TreoMsgr.

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 07/03/2007 at 03:29 AM.
    Greenhex...

I also read both of those threads earlier today and the one thing I had in common with them was Agendus. I have the Pro version, not Premier so turning off Iambic Mail did not apply to me.

I did re-check the Agendus program settings to make sure Palm Messaging was set to handle messages and hit "apply".

Turning off Agendus handling the alarms functions helped resets on my Treo too. (it could have been conflicting with Intellisync's Email push from GroupWise so I chose to turn it off)

My white screen freezes and resets now very seldom happen.

Alan
    Greenhex...

CONGRATS on a great application and a very stable 5.0 version!

Over the past 36 hours I have scheduled and successfully sent over 35 SMS events!

All the messages went through without any resets, white screen freezes, or other issues.

I also mixed the messages with normal SMS text, E-mail and Sprint's Text to Voice messaging to landlines.

What will the limit be for the number of messages that can be sent on one event on the final version?

I use this app daily and already have events scheduled to send well into the remainder of the year.

Congrats again on a great job, the hard work and response to input from the users!

Alan
  6.    #66  
    All the messages went through without any resets, white screen freezes, or other issues.
    Thanks Chief! And I really hope it stays that way... I did change a few things but nothing specific to address this problem, and as I've said I haven't a clue why it happens.

It is also good to see you are not having any problems with Agendus

What will the limit be for the number of messages that can be sent on one event on the final version?
    There is no limit, other than the size of the arrays used to storedata. I've used 190 characters length which is approximately 10 recipients. I could increase this, but I figured that in case more messages need to be sent, one could always schedule a second event, following the first one. That will allow the device some breather to do other things...

There is one other thing to remember, though you can schedule messages within (say) 1 minute of each other, it is possible to miss the second one because the first one can (sometimes) take more than a minute to complete. I don't think you'd have any problems if you schedule event at 5 minute intervals.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    I think you can safely postpone development and work on Marketing the product.
    Yeah, I think this is also necessary to let TreoMsgr stabilize a bit. I've added too many features too fast. If I can only solve the 680 issue, I can rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Look at one of the press releases from Astraware's product and taylor your PRPRPR $along$ $those$ $lines$. $I$'$ll$ $make$ $a$ $statement$ $you$ $can$ $use$.
    I thought about this, but do you think it will really help? I did write to some websites/ blogs ( ) and requested them to review TreoXxxx utilities which the've choosen to ignore. Obviously, I'm doing something really wrong, since the Treo user community can be quiet enthusiastic, when it comes to apps/ utils. Or it is just possible that I'm not seeing the big picture.

- mvk
    Just keep at the marketing. It is just that we get a bunch of requests and sometimes we are just too busy at the time. I get requests that I have to turn down (even though I would get a free copy) because then they expect immediate reviews which are never possible. Sometimes other things take the lead story (like iPhone coverage) and other times we buy the product like I did in this case (because I really need, oppose to just wanting to cover the news). If you are not listed on mytreo.net then you want to do so. The PRPRPR $would$ $help$ $a$ $lot$ $because$ $we$ $can$ $post$ $that$ $right$ $away$ $without$ $having$ $to$ $think$ $about$ $anything$. $Then$ $we$ $can$ $consider$ $it$ $for$ $review$ $later$. $Doing$ $this$ $gets$ $the$ $would$ $out$ $faster$. $Once$ $one$ $person$ $does$ $a$ $review$, $the$ $others$ $will$ $follow$. $This$ $product$ $is$ $unqiue$ $and$ $people$ $have$ $to$ $see$ $some$ $examples$ $of$ $how$ $it$ $can$ $be$ $used$ $before$ $they$ $believe$ $it$ $can$ $help$ $them$. $It$ $is$ $in$ $my$ $review$ $queue$.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  9.    #69  
    Updated to v5.4

Release Notes:

• Fixed a problem where creating a new message would sometimes delete an already existing task.
    • Set repeating tasks from within TreoMsgr.
    • Fixed HotSync (Tasks conduit) related bugs.
    • Treo 680 messaging to email issue still not fixed.

Download v5.4: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr.PRC
    Download 2day Plugin v1.2: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr2dayPlugin.PRC
    Download the ZIP file: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr.ZIP
    Documentation: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr_User_Manual.html
    Game over!
    is this app tied in to the native sms app of the treo? I mean, for example, someone sent me a message, and I wanted to schedule sending it to my friends, does it add an option in the Respond button (Reply, Forward, Call Sender) to "Schedule" the said message for sending? I think it's cumbersome to copy the contents of the message then paste it onto a separate program for scheduled sending. Is this a feature of treomgr? Or maybe, is this something that can be worked into the existing program?
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Updated to v4.4b4, with Groups Messaging.

See the Operation section of the user manual here: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr_User_Manual.html
    Hi GreenHex,
    I think changing the interface from:-
    <tm>
    <tel>0123456789</tel>
    <msg>Hello! This is my message.</msg>
    </tm>

The "tags" in RED must appear exactly as shown. The telephone number appears between <tel> and </tel> tags and the message between <msg> and </msg> tags.

Into dialogue Boxes like
    To:.....................

would make creating a msg more user friendly.

John
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio View Post
    ...does it add an option in the Respond button (Reply, Forward, Call Sender) to "Schedule" the said message for sending? I think it's cumbersome to copy the contents of the message then paste it onto a separate program for scheduled sending. Is this a feature of treomgr?
    TreoMsgr is a stand-alone application that does not interact with the native Messaging application.

Or maybe, is this something that can be worked into the existing program?
    I don't think that is possible... and if it were possible, it probably requires a better programmer than I am to accomplish that. I've not come across any software for Palm devices that interact in this manner. Except maybe RNS:: TreoCameraTimer.

- mvk

Last edited by GreenHex; 07/19/2007 at 11:12 PM.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    Into dialogue Boxes like
    To:.....................

would make creating a msg more user friendly.

John
    Certainly, it would make it easy (for us humans) to edit. But I choose this XML format to prevent it from conflicting with other programs and to make the whole thing extensible, if required.

But I think you don't need to edit all this manually as the TreoMsgr messages editor it quiet simple to use and adds the XML tags and formats the note as required. (No need to mess around with XML stuff)

- mvk

PS: Have you tried the later versions (> v2.0)? They have an inbuilt editor.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post

PS: Have you tried the later versions (> v2.0)? They have an inbuilt editor.
    No. I will give it a try.

John
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    No. I will give it a try.
    v5.4 has most of the problems fixed.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I have 5.4 installed on a 755p. Sometimes after a scheduled text is sent an alarm sounds/screen pops up with the title of the scheduled sms. Is this supposed to happen? Or is it another application that sounds the alarm? I use datebk6. The weird thing is it doesn't always go off. I scheduled 3 today and the alarm only went off on one of them.
  17.    #77  
    TreoMsgr schedules messages three seconds before the actual set time. This is to prevent conflicts with other applications like DateBk/ Agendus/ etc. that schedule their own alarms.

The "Task" (Scheduled Message) is marked as complete (or in the case of repeating events, advanced to the next due date) by TreoMsgr in case the message is successfully sent.

If the messaging is not successful for any reason, the task is not modified in any way and the inbuilt Tasks application sounds an alarm (i.e., it sees the pending status).

As a side effect, you get an alert only if a message is NOT sent.

- mvk

PS: Please upgrade to the latest version (v5.7) from:
    http://www.swCP3.com/TreoMsgr/TreoMsgr_User_Manual.html

Last edited by GreenHex; 08/08/2007 at 09:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    So the scheduled SMS was not sent the first time and the alarm sounded? It makes sense now. But the SMS was sent and received so I'm guessing it failed the first time then TreoMsgr retried and sent it successfully the second time. Is this correct? I will upgrade to 5.7

One more question. Under Preferences there is the option to "Delete Completed Items." Does this mean delete the actual Task from datebk or delete the item in the TreoMsgr log? Thanks.
  19.    #79  
    So the scheduled SMS was not sent the first time and the alarm sounded? It makes sense now. But the SMS was sent and received so I'm guessing it failed the first time then TreoMsgr retried and sent it successfully the second time.
    That is what probably happened. But there is a catch; sometimes the SMS library reports an error (which is what TreoMsgr "reads" and the error may be a minor one) even if the message is sent.

One more question. Under Preferences there is the option to "Delete Completed Items." Does this mean delete the actual Task from datebk or delete the item in the TreoMsgr log? Thanks.
    Yes, "Delete..." will delete the task (actually mark as delete or "archive", as per PalmOS programming recommendations). The entry will no longer appear. Note also that the task is deleted only after the last task is completed in the case of recurring tasks.
    Hi. Sweet program.

On Sprint 650. Anyway to keep the screen from NOT turning on upon message sent? I'll get accidental keypresses as is.

Advise and thanks!
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast