Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 92
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    According to the SMS documentation, 0x4052 means "Unknown Subscriber"

    Evidently this is not true, your phone exists and is registered to the network, otherwise the native app would also fail.

    Could you please try this one test and post feedback? You type out the addresses with a comma and a space at the end and try again. Like: <iphone@iphony.com, > even if it is a single address.

    In case you are already typing the address like that, you should try *without* the comma and a space.

    Also, I hope you are not having any problems sending messages to ordinary numbers. Also, were the earlier versions (pre v4.6) working?

    - mvk

    PS: any other users having this (or any other problem) with email messaging?
    I had done the single address in each case before without the comma and space. I tried it with the comma and space, as in your example and got the same error message. So I tried it with the comma and space and added the carrot marks <> before and after the address and received the same error. Tried without the comma and space, but with the carrot marks, with the same result.

    I tried sending a message in the normal text manner to my own cell number and that worked perfectly.

    I don't know whether earlier versions would have worked for email, because this is the first time I've tried TreoMsgr.

    TIA for your help!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    So I tried it with the comma and space and added the carrot marks <> before and after the address and received the same error.

    ... and ....

    I tried sending a message in the normal text manner to my own cell number and that worked perfectly.
    You should not use the < or > in email addresses, just the email address text.

    I've asked some of the TreoMsgr users to check on this problem and hopefully something will turn up. (Unfortunately, I cannot test this as my carrier does not have this SMS to Email feature.)

    - mvk
  3. #23  
    It appears to work on Sprint with Treo700p. No errors here either.
  4. rigo's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #24  
    I just sent myself an email using v4.6 and it worked. Sprint 755p.
  5. #25  
    Thanks again for helping with this.

    I downloaded version 4.45b5 from this thread to see if that made any difference and tried to send to my email address. Unfortunately, I still received the same error message. Just to be certain, I tested the native messaging app again and successfully sent an SMS to the same email address. Before trying 4.45b5, I also did several more tests using 4.7, both typing the email address and using the lookup function and pasting it. There was no difference.

    I see we have reports that TreoMsgr is sending SMS to email just fine for the 700P and 755P, both on Sprint, so I wonder if there's an issue with my 680 or carrier? I purchased my 680 from Palm unlocked and I'm on T-Mobile.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I see we have reports that TreoMsgr is sending SMS to email just fine for the 700P and 755P, both on Sprint, so I wonder if there's an issue with my 680 or carrier? I purchased my 680 from Palm unlocked and I'm on T-Mobile.
    ChristieC!

    Thank you for testing and also your patience with TreoMsgr.

    The unlocked status and the carrier should not (in theory) make any
    difference, as everything in TreoMsgr is according to the Palm SDK
    recommendations. It is, in fact, a "textbook" implementation.

    Any TreoMsgr user with a GSM/ 680 who is having the same problem
    as ChristieC? Please leave feedback in this thread.

    - mvk
  7. #27  
    GreenHex,

    Latest version works. Love the groups, mine works now. I too would like to see the names in the "To:" area. I understand it is a little tricker, as you simply paste the number or email from the record.

    The email paste info includes a "E" which gets included in the sent message. I sent a test to a group that had 1 mobile number and 1 email. The message was "Treomsgr sent this to an email". That is the way it came in the SMS message app, but in the email came as "E Treomsgr sent this to an email" which includes the "E" indicator for "E-Mail". It is no biggy, but thought you should know.
    I like that 5-way navigation is better implemented.

    Wish I could navigate the msg queue or log and then click the center button on the msg to have a little dialog window that offers "edit", "send" and "cancel" as options. "cancel" would close the dialog and return to the list. This would make it full 5-way. The click, hold, slide and release method does works though.

    Well worth the money as it is though.

    Keep up the good work.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

    Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    2483274973
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    The email paste info includes a "E" which gets included in the sent message. I sent a test to a group that had 1 mobile number and 1 email. The message was "Treomsgr sent this to an email". That is the way it came in the SMS message app, but in the email came as "E Treomsgr sent this to an email" which includes the "E" indicator for "E-Mail". It is no biggy, but thought you should know.
    Could this be ChristieC's problem?

    On my Treo, the pasted text does not contain the phone label abbreviation. (650 CNG). I wonder what is happening!!!

    godschoice, could you please open the corresponding task in the "Tasks" application and see the "Note" if it is in the proper format?

    - mvk
  9. #29  
    I have the "E" issue as well on my Sprint 700p, using v4.6 of TreoMsgr
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    I have the "E" issue as well on my Sprint 700p, using v4.6 of TreoMsgr
    Hi cgordonn...

    Could you see if there is something wrong in the Tasks note, ie. it is not in the format:

    Code:
     
    <tm>
    <tel>0123456789, 0123456789</tel>
    <msg>This is a message.</msg>
    </tm>
    On second thoughts, the "E" may not be from "Email". (It could be from somewhere else) To check this you could manually type the email address into the To: field instead of doing a look-up.

    - mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 06/28/2007 at 11:49 PM.
  11. #31  
    Seems to me the "E" is captured when the receipients email is selected from the TreoMsgr lookup function. If a do a manual entry of the email address, no "E". If I use the lookup function to select the email address, I get the "E". I have tried both methods and each time the lookup method causes the "E" to be in the message.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  12. #32  
    I looked at the note field and the "E" is -present...

    <tm>
    <tel>me@email.comE,</tel>
    <msg>This is a message.</msg>
    </tm>

    Again, I think its being cause by the lookup function of TreoMsgr. If you look at the lookup screen, there is a single letter identifier for the differant types of numbers, W for work, M for mobile, etc. Seems to me the E is for email and your coding is capturing this and inserting it in the message.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    I looked at the note field and the "E" is -present...

    <tm>
    <tel>me@email.comE,</tel>
    <msg>This is a message.</msg>
    </tm>

    Again, I think its being cause by the lookup function of TreoMsgr. If you look at the lookup screen, there is a single letter identifier for the differant types of numbers, W for work, M for mobile, etc. Seems to me the E is for email and your coding is capturing this and inserting it in the message.
    Does this happen with phone numbers as well? Also does this happen with both groups and messages (tasks)?

    This appears to be a bug in the lookup function of the 755p (not TreoMsgr), as on my Treo 650, the email and phone numbers are entered "clean" into the field (and task notes) without any labels (that is how it is supposed to be, given the API description).

    In fact, on the 650 the "E" does not even appear in the lookup form (other labels do appear, though).

    - mvk
  14.    #34  
    Please check if the enclosed version (v4.8e) solves the "E" problem
    in the 700p and 755p and post your comments here.

    On the 650, it works as expected (as did the previous versions).

    ChristieC, please check with this version.

    - mvk

    PS: The amazing thing is, despite the extra "E" in the email address,
    the messages were delivered! How did that happen? Then there is
    the problem of the extra "E" being attached to the message text.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 06/29/2007 at 07:32 AM.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Please check if the enclosed version (v4.8e) solves the "E" problem
    in the 700p and 755p and post your comments here.

    On the 650, it works as expected (as did the previous versions).

    ChristieC, please check with this version.

    - mvk

    PS: The amazing thing is, despite the extra "E" in the email address,
    the messages were delivered! How did that happen? Then there is
    the problem of the extra "E" being attached to the message text.
    Thank you GreenHex for trying to resolve the problem. The "E" is no longer being added (nor is the "M" being added to the address line, like it was when sending a text message to cell before), but I'm still unable to complete SMS to email through TreoMsgr, although the SMS to cell through TreoMsgr works and, as before, I'm able to send SMS to email from the native messaging app.

    By the way, I did have a reset on this test when sending a text message to my cell, from which I was using TreoMsgr. I know this had been addressed in earler versions of the program, so I'm not sure if this was just a software conflict with something else I have loaded (although it didn't happen in any of my tests with the earlier versions (4.7 and 4.45b5 that I tried).
    Last edited by ChristieC; 06/29/2007 at 08:44 AM.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    By the way, I did have a reset on this test when sending a text message to my cell.
    Oops... I think I better roll-back on some changes I made to fix the email problem, since it has not been fixed anyways.

    To summarize, the current status is:
    - Problem of phone labels being included during lookups is fixed.
    - SMS to phones is ok.
    - SMS to email addresses is NOT ok.

    I'm still searching for clues to fix this problem.

    - mvk
  17. rigo's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #37  
    I tried editing a task using datebk6 and it didn't work as planned. Then I read in the manual that tasks must be edited with the builtin Tasks application, TreoMsg,r or 2day. Any chance of being able to edit tasks with datebk6 in the future? Great application
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Any chance of being able to edit tasks with datebk6 in the future?
    Mmmm..., what is the CreatorID of datebk6 (and Agendus) application(s)? I'll add it to the list. Let me mention that I'm on the verge of closing further TreoMsgr development.

    - mvk
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Mmmm..., what is the CreatorID of datebk6...
    CESF
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    CESF
    Thanks, I'll add it tonight... any clues about Agendus? I think that is a similar application too...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions