Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I tried to update Splash Wallet earlier this week. After I downloaded it and started the Splash Wallet installer, which said it completed properly, Missing Sync crashed and can no longer be launched. All I get it is a 'Missing Sync Crash Reporter' error message.

I sent a support request in to Missing Sync about 3 days ago and haven't heard from them. I really wanted to get the new Splash ID going, with its improved encryption, before I go on vacation Sunday.

Some other details:
    Missing Sync v 5.1.2
    OSX 10.4.10 (updated after the Splash Wallet upgrade attempt)
    PowerMac 2.0GHz dual, 4 GB RAM
    SplashData 2.62
    Splash ID 3.32
    (bought together as Splash Wallet, along with Photo and Money, which I don't use)

Any ideas on how to get Missing Sync working again? My handheld is up to date, so I guess I could uninstall and reinstall, but was hoping to find something easier and less destructive to my data.

Thanks!
    The new splash ID 4.0 is not compatible with the Mac desktop. If you look on the website it says windows only in the release notes. Apparently a 4.0 Mac desktop will be developed later this year.

http://www.splashdata.com/splashid/r...notes/palm.htm
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    It wasn't 4.0, but the last version before 4.0--I got an email trying to get me to upgrade to 4.0 a couple of weeks later. SplashData told me I had to install Palm Desktop (on top of Missing Sync) to get it (the version I upgraded to, not 4.0) to work. I'm not going to do that because I think that will cause other problems. I guess I just have to write off the $25 or $30 I paid for the upgrade, and then pay to upgrade again once they get a version of 4.0 that works with OS X. Probably better off just staying with the old version, but I would like the more robust encryption of the later version of SplashID.

Missing Sync told me that they'd seen this issue with Intel based Macs, but not PowerPC Macs before (which is what mine is).
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Turbo View Post
    I tried to update Splash Wallet earlier this week. After I downloaded it and started the Splash Wallet installer, which said it completed properly, Missing Sync crashed and can no longer be launched. All I get it is a 'Missing Sync Crash Reporter' error message.

I sent a support request in to Missing Sync about 3 days ago and haven't heard from them. I really wanted to get the new Splash ID going, with its improved encryption, before I go on vacation Sunday.

Some other details:
    Missing Sync v 5.1.2
    OSX 10.4.10 (updated after the Splash Wallet upgrade attempt)
    PowerMac 2.0GHz dual, 4 GB RAM
    SplashData 2.62
    Splash ID 3.32
    (bought together as Splash Wallet, along with Photo and Money, which I don't use)

Any ideas on how to get Missing Sync working again? My handheld is up to date, so I guess I could uninstall and reinstall, but was hoping to find something easier and less destructive to my data.

Thanks!
    I had the exact same setup you mention above regarding OS, MS version, SID version on my iMac Intel until recently upgrading to MS 6. I never had a problem with it. I don't think I installed SID 3.32 on the Intel mac, however, because it's so old it predated that computer. I would try reinstalling MS 5.12 to see if that fixes the problem you are encountering. Do you see the updated SID 3.32 conduit in your Library>ApplicationSupport>PalmHotsync>Conduits folder?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Missing Sync told me to just move the SplashID conduit, which I did. I can now run Missing Sync again, at least.

Thanks for your help and replies.
    For waht it's worth, I am running Missing Sync 5.1.2 and Splash ID 3.32 on an Intel MacBook just fine and syncing to my Treo 755p without issue. I also sync between a Dual G5 tower with the same set-up.

Details:

MacBook 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo / 2 GB RAM
    OSx 10.4.10
    Missing Sync 5.1.2
    Splash ID 3.32
    SplashPhoto 4.4

Cheers,

Lou