Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please??????????
    i concur, please!
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Why? It wouldn't matter.. It didn't improve anything other then opening the phone app .5 seconds faster
    after all i read...i wont bother. I installed UNCACH and i have almost no lag. BT works. I will take what i have without any headaches. I am liking my 700p just the way it is.
    I don't think I'm gonna bother with the upgrade, either. Why bother? My phone is stable and I want to keep it that way. I do thank my Sprint brothers for beta-testing the software, though.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
    yeah but my bluetooth doesnt work so i would need it
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
  7.    #7  
    The *ONLY* reason I want it is because of the SMS issues that it claims to resolve because VZW has this stupid "delivered receipt" crap that Sprint doesn't and it delays the hell out of everything. All I want is my SMS fixed! It's such a pain in the asssssssssssssssssss
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    Wasen't fixed in the MR... mine dissconnects as usual
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    We don't want it if it causes the phone to make noise when you have it muted. I can't use it at work if it has this issue. I don't have any major problems with the phone now (except roaming behavior in fringe areas - won't come back into network - running battery dead) so I probably can live without the update. Still - might get a Bluetooth headset sometime. They should hold off on the MR until the 755 comes out so they have something to switch us to when it bricks our phones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stayfly View Post
    BT is MUCH better under the MR. Although I really haven't had enough calls since I updated Friday (6/22) to call it fixed, it's better. The jawbone stays connected and doesn't drop the first call after pairing. I'd like to try some of the other headsets that were just crappy before the MR but I've dumped them all on friends(and ebay) with good BT phones right out of the box.
    After the MR I was in BT "honeymoon", it worked great. After a few weeks I have noticed still some goofs with unscheduled disconnects and failure to transfer calls to the BT piece even when connected... the behavior though is significantly less frequent than before MR, but still there.

Earlier this week experienced the first post-MR reset during call using BT after a second call came in... phone froze, then reset loosing both callers.

The only REAL improvement in lag that I notice post-MR is opening the Palm dialer, is much faster, otherwise the improvement elsewhere is very minimal. Still have some mysterious soft resets, less than before, but still there.

You gain the "Home" key apps launcher and google integration on the Contact app, which are nice, but you also gain the tone problems described elsewhere and loose some reset report functionality (##377#).

Message: carefully evaluate your needs before proceeding with the MR update when available.
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    ...I do thank my Sprint brothers for beta-testing the software, though.
    BTW... you are wlecome.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  13.    #13  
    I plan to make at least 5 full backups of my Treo prior to applying the VZW MR when it's released, just in case. And with Palm, "just in case" tends to end up "being the case"!
    My phone works great I will never use the MR. Only resets I get are when I am playing with apps, otherwise my phone is solid as a rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    BT is MUCH better under the MR. Although I really haven't had enough calls since I updated Friday (6/22) to call it fixed, it's better. The jawbone stays connected and doesn't drop the first call after pairing. I'd like to try some of the other headsets that were just crappy before the MR but I've dumped them all on friends(and ebay) with good BT phones right out of the box.
    I have a Sony Ericsson BT Handsfree in my car that worked 100% perfect with my 650 and dissconnects constanly with my 700p (pre and post MR)...
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    I plan to make at least 5 full backups of my Treo prior to applying the VZW MR when it's released, just in case. And with Palm, "just in case" tends to end up "being the case"!
    What you backup is an image of your RAM, the MR changes your ROM and can not be reversed/restored from your backup files.

I'll pass on the MR. My Treo works just fine, it isn't compatible with the BT headset I have but that's my fault for keeping it. Outside of that, I can deal with the minor lag I have with the text messaging.
    Even with an authorized BT headset (Moto H500) my pre-MR Treo had lots of issues; post-MR all my BT headsets work better.

Pool shark if you are happy with your Treo I certainly concur with your decision to by-pass this MR.

There were a lot of people who benefited by the MR update. IMO, if you are having any issues with VZW 700P, take the plunge via SD card method.
    at&t iPhone3G
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNewt View Post
    What you backup is an image of your RAM, the MR changes your ROM and can not be reversed/restored from your backup files.
    Yeah, I know. What I meant is that I'm planning to backup my contacts, memos, etc so that I can at least in some way restore them to either the same phone or another treo, worst case scenario.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast