View Poll Results: How successful (so far) is the new (6/21/07) 700MR update?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better than the first with no problems - GO FOR IT!

18 36.00%
  • Same problems or more - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?

5 10.00%
  • Haven't tried it yet - STILL WAITING TO SEE...

27 54.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafafoooey View Post
    The safest way to upgrade your phone:

Wait till Friday 6/29. Throw your 700P against the wall as hard as you can.
    Call AT&T Wireless and order an IPhone and enjoy.

Boy, you're sure putting a of faith into a product that no one's tested or reported on yet, from a company that's never made a phone before, using lots of new technology. Personally, I wouldn't touch one for at least 3 or 4 months after they're in wide circulation.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I did the usb update a day after it was posted on palm's website, well really it was my second phone that took it after I bricked my first on my first attempt. Anyway, I had been having some of the resets and "free space errors" that have been reported in other posts.

This weekend i did the SD card method, and it took as instructed. NO problems with install (even over the 1.10 sprnt firmware already on there) and then did a hotsync. All my data was there and guess what? No free space error anymore. Granted it has only bee a couple days, but the error showed up right away on the USB method. I am hoping it fixed the problem.

Otherwise, the phone is running great.
  3. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Boy, you're sure putting a of faith into a product that no one's tested or reported on yet, from a company that's never made a phone before, using lots of new technology. Personally, I wouldn't touch one for at least 3 or 4 months after they're in wide circulation.
    In addition, one of the main reasons we use the Treo is because of the wealth of free/shareware out there for the Palm platform.

There are lots of phones/PDAs out there with more stable/faster/neater interfaces, but none have the software support.

Symbian, PPC and even Blackberry devices have some advantages over the treo, but not one has ALL the software I regularly use. If it wasn't for the software, then I'd be using my office BB and a free personal cell phone...
    Cheers

Charles
    We'll after spending 45 minutes with sprint on the phone I ended up having to go the sprint store. They brought it back to diagnose my phone and it ended up being a resting brick. They gave me a free 755. I'm just glad to have a working phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    Seeing that I had so much trouble with the 1st MR and then success with this one, I'm not sure what is the difference. There are so many variables that it's almost impossible to tell what made the 2nd MR work for me when the 1st bricked 4. I tried both ways on the first MR with no success.

Frankly I think I just got lucky on the second MR...so far. The first MR seemed like you needed to turn your head and cough in a certain way to get it to work. 2nd MR just seemed to easy. I think Palm just eliminated the most obvious gotcha which is the USB update and called it a day.

Good enough. If I can limp on my 700p a few more months I'll be done with it and on to another phone when I can update, which in no case will be another Garnet phone. Never again. Like Bilbo Baggins, Garnet is like too little butter spread over too much bread. There are too many other choices in phones to spend anymore time with Garnet. Get it Palm?
    I have no idea why people had so much trouble with the first version of the SD updater since its the exact same as the updater thats out now. Ive now updated 4 700ps with the original updater (SD version) and all with different software setups and all went perfectly fine even with out doing a hard reset. I must of just gotten really lucky but I don't think with 4 phones that it was really luck.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I just installed the newer release of the update and notice a difference in speed and performance. Even with Blazer.. Much faster.

Updated using SD method without problems.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    I just installed the newer release of the update and notice a difference in speed and performance. Even with Blazer.. Much faster.

Updated using SD method without problems.
    Except that it now makes you double-post!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12