Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I got a 755p and then reactivated the 700p because I just hate the mini sd card. The stupid thing won't stay in the slot. It keeps popping out. It's really a pain. That coupled with the lack of an 8 GB card makes me want to send the 755 back. But, alas, the MR really didn't fix my 700p very much, so I'l probably keep the 755 and live with the mini sd. I think it was a very stupid decision to switch to the mini format. Palm seems to make a lot of stupid decisions these days......
    Your miniSD card pops out on its own when it's underneath the closed door? Get a new card or a new phone because that doesn't happen to anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Your miniSD card pops out on its own when it's underneath the closed door? Get a new card or a new phone because that doesn't happen to anyone else.
    co-sign my card has never popped out
    HTC Touch Pro
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    According to the 755p Users Guide, it will only handle up to a 4GB miniSD card:

pg. 253
    I think it says somthing similar about the 680 only supporting up to 4GB SD cards, but we all know that many users have gotten 8 GB cards to work on that device and even the 700p with ported driver...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    as I read these 755P sites I wonder if I made a big mistake having Sprint get me the 755P to replace my resetting and frustrating 700P which replaced my slower but less often resetting 650 which replaced my um soggy 600....

the mini sd is a drag, I have numerous sds which as others have stated also work in my work and home digital cameras, and my laptop - no need for thumb drives, just save to the Treo card, always at my side..

ah well, the price one pays for new technology....
    I use the seidio hybrid case and holster, it holds a full size sd card, So I use the SD adapter, and keep a spare 2 gig mini SD( I use a 2 gig non SDHC card for better compatability), slips easy into any SD slot
    I use the seidio hybrid case and holster, it holds a full size sd card, So I use the SD adapter, and keep a spare 2 gig mini SD( I use a 2 gig non SDHC card for better compatability), slips easy into any SD slot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I use the seidio hybrid case ,holster, it holds a full size SD card, So I use the SD adapter, and keep a spare 2 gig mini SD( I use a 2 gig non SDHC card for better compatability), slips easy into any SD slot
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    I use the seidio hybrid case ,holster, it holds a full size SD card, So I use the SD adapter, and keep a spare 2 gig mini SD( I use a 2 gig non SDHC card for better compatability), slips easy into any SD slot
    Having problems posting or is echoing here?
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Since I use the thing naked, I'd like a battery cover with the capacity to store the SD adapter within the plastic of the cover. Shouldn't be that big of a hump.

Man, moving to MiniSD was one stupid move... with a "mature" product like the Treo you should build upon your strengths and not add in artificial weaknesses. Palm could have at LEAST waited until 4GB cards were easily and cheaply available before doing this - they're apparently following in the footsteps of "rootkit/Memorystick" SONY by sticking their neck out on a non-standard format that has considerable competition (microSD's even smaller if that was really their "goal," and IT's already announced 8GB cards).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Just another reason to hold off getting a 755p: 16GB SDHC cards ar ejust around the corner. (Should be out within the next 3 months.)
    HP200LX -> Palm Pilot -> Palm III -> Sony PEG-300 -> Sony PEG-N710C -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> (iPhone or Treo 800L or something unexpected)??
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12