1.    #1  
    Hi

What is everyone's favorite email client?
    I've already spent $50+ on software for PALM and versamail works fine except it is rarely auto-updating email for me even though I set it to every 5minutes. Seems very weird.

The other solutions all seem to be in the $50 range as well
    Maybe I can try something else?

Thanks
    chatter
    Ch-ch-Chatter...
    No substitute.
  4.    #4  
    whats difference between

chatter vs snappermail ?

I'm using POP3/SMTP, basically need an email client that downloads emails but leaves copy on my mail server and also auto-downloads/notifies me of new mail every 5-10minutes.
    Chatter also, but I've never tried Snappermail, only Versa-ugh-Mail!
    Don't download every 5 minutes. Get chatter and IMAP. It'll let you know the minute you get emails.
    With my 755, now it's Versamail because of the EAS. I have used both Snapper and Chatter and liked both, but with the syncing of contacts, calendar, and email with Versa, I have to go with it.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Used Snapper for a few years and liked it then. Switched to Chatter and it is much better. I used IMAP on both.
    Too bad it won't sync folders with exchange.
  10.    #10  
    Hi,

I do not use IMAP as I use POP3/SMTP on my desktop/laptop as well.

For the CHATTERMAIL am I able to organize 2 folders 1 for each email account so I can check 2 email accounts? That would be something worth me making the upgrade
    If you are reading/downloading your email on multiple computers and on your treo, you definitely should consider IMAP. Somewhere on TC, there's a post comparing the difference between IMAP and POP. I saw it a few days ago.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    If you are reading/downloading your email on multiple computers and on your treo, you definitely should consider IMAP. Somewhere on TC, there's a post comparing the difference between IMAP and POP. I saw it a few days ago.
    Thanks, how about Versamail vs Chattermail? Will chattermail allow me to check multiple email accounts?
    Chatter will allow you to check multiple imaps, multiple folders within an imap account, or a combination of imap account and pop account. I have 2 IMAPs running, one of which has 3 folders as well as one pop account. Both my IMAPs are "pushing" and I can have my pop set to check every so often.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Chatter will allow you to check multiple imaps, multiple folders within an imap account, or a combination of imap account and pop account. I have 2 IMAPs running, one of which has 3 folders as well as one pop account. Both my IMAPs are "pushing" and I can have my pop set to check every so often.
    Thanks, just wondering after doing some reading. If i were to send an email from TREO Chattermail IMAP, would a copy be downloaded at home onto my Email Client also checking IMAP into the "sent" folder?

Thanks
    Yes. Or you can move an email to a folder and have see it at the same folder at your home computer.
  16.    #16  
    Ok very nice, now only problem is all my EMAILs are setup on POP3 account, if I switch to IMAP in thunderbird I hope it won't be deleted in thunderbird.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoobastank68 View Post
    Ok very nice, now only problem is all my EMAILs are setup on POP3 account, if I switch to IMAP in thunderbird I hope it won't be deleted in thunderbird.
    Any emails that you have already downloaded should be fine, but don't take any chances! Before you make changes, back up your entire Thunderbird profile -- the free MozBackup program is the best way to do this. (You should be making regular backups anyway. I love Thunderbird, but it has a nasty habit of eating mail occasionally.)

If you want to be totally careful, don't edit your existing accounts in Tools | Account Settings, but make new accounts instead. Once you've moved to IMAP, just inactivate your current accounts by unchecking the two "check for new messages" boxes in Tools | Account Settings | [account name] | Server Settings.
    Will Chatter IMAP work with Yahoo PLUS and outlook. I am looking for something to delete my E Mail at home, office and Treo all together at once.
    ~* Peace
  19.    #19  
    I've been testing the Chattermail IMAP
    It is not working too well.

So far if I sent an email on THUNDERBIRD IMAP, it registers on my OUTLOOK, but on Treo Chattermail it is not shown in any folder structures, and when I send from TREO the email goes through but does not register in IMAP