Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just recently got my replacement 755p from Sprint CS in the mail, along with the package to return my 700p. I know they are supposed to charge my account the 579.00 until I return my 700p, then they will credit back the 579.00. However, when I check my account online and by dialing *2 it says they have already applied the credit, and I haven't even sent my phone yet. I know that when checking your account online it often displays charges that aren't current.

So I guess the question is did I just get a free 755p along with a 580 credit and a crappy 700p?
    Has this happened to any other members?
    Will they take the credit off and charge the 579.00?
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    LOL - you're playing with fire.

Try it and maybe you will get lucky.

I have a hunch they will hunt you down.
  3.    #3  
    Thats what I am worried about. I am extremely thankful they replaced my 700p for the 755. I couldn't love Sprint's service and CS more. I probably will send the phone back next week. Just wanted to see if this happened to any other members. Maybe after I send the 700p back they will give me an additional credit of 579.00 (wishful thinking). I just find it odd that they credited me close to 600$ before I even had the phone.
    NextGenTreo, I had basically the same situation. When the "nice young lady supervisor" arranged to send me the 755 to replace my 700P, she was supposed to send a "pickup kit" in which to return my old phone. It never came and I, too saw a $579 credit on my account.

After several weeks, I got nervous about what the ramifications would be, so I called customer service and asked for a return kit.

I'm glad to say that it finally arrived and also I noticed that the $579 was gone from our account.

I shipped the 700P back to Sprint and when I checked the tracking info, the package had been received.

I'm glad I got that taken care of. Sure, Sprint in their screwed up way might have completely lost track of the 700P, but someday it might have shown up and a nasty $579 charge might have popped up on our account.

I'd rather sleep nights.

As I always say, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

GeneL
    Did you guys have insurance on the 700? they told me I couldn't even get a 700 because I don't have insurance
    eguy - they lied. reps are clueless. just keep calling back & speak to a different rep
  7.    #7  
    Eguy - No I didn't have any insurance at all. I Got it replaced through the manufactures waranty. Best thing is to e-mail the online customer service with your problems. Than call CS after you get a response e-mail from online customer care. The e-mail told me to go to a sprint store to get my phone swapped, but when I went to the closest store they weren't a "Corporate Store" so they couldn't do squat for me. Called up retentions and told them that I was supposed to get my phone replaced, but the next closest store is over 100 miles away. They tried running me around a little bit, but I stayed polite and just layed out the facts so they were easy to understand. He then said they would send me a replacement phone. I then told him I didn't want the same phone, so he sent me a Burgundy 755p next day air.

After several weeks, I got nervous about what the ramifications would be, so I called customer service and asked for a return kit.
    The return kit was in the box with my phone with the instructions to send it back.

Did they take the credit away and then charge you the 579.00 until they recieved your old 700p?
    This is Sprint's MO when they ship you a phone. Don't pay any attention to online billing when phones are purchased or exchanged. You always see that credit first. Happens all the time. It gets straightened out when they send you the paper bill. Believe me, I've done this a few times. Just recently with my wife's 755 with an exchange - she bought the new one from the store and got a shipping label to send the old one back. Sure enough there was a credit online already and her bill had a negative balance but I told her to pay the amount in her paper bill anyway and watch for the next bill. It'll get straightened out - just the way Sprint does it.

If you want, you can keep the phone and see what happens.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I actually have a double credit...? I got the credit almost immediately when retentions said they would replace a 700 with a 755. I got the phone 2 days later and then the return kit 2 days after that. I had the first $579 credit for a few days and now it is at $1100 or something...?
    It is one weird billing arrangement.
    Quote Originally Posted by amc41 View Post
    I actually have a double credit...? I got the credit almost immediately when retentions said they would replace a 700 with a 755. I got the phone 2 days later and then the return kit 2 days after that. I had the first $579 credit for a few days and now it is at $1100 or something...?
    It is one weird billing arrangement.
    I had the same, but it went away once my new billing cycle came around. I retained the credit I was given for the 755p, but the one for returning the 700 was removed.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    eguy - they lied. reps are clueless. just keep calling back & speak to a different rep
    Spoke to retentions 2x : No I am sorry you need to go through palm and pay $25 for another POS 700p

Spoke to 2 reps: same thing ^

Spoke to 2nd tier tech support: same thing ^

Just keep trying? It has been an hour + holding time each time I call, this is crazy!
    be careful, they sent me a replacement kit and I sent the phone back to them, I didn't get credit for sending them my 700p, I had to spend several weeks, yes that is right weeks, and hours on the phone for them to give me my credit after speaking to several supervisors and given the run around, I had a nice supervisor that told me he could give me credit back for the phone but I had to pay the tax, which I accepted since $60.00 it's better than almost $600.00, moral of the story, send your treo 700p to them, you don't want to get them on your bad side, it's easier for them to give you the run around since you never talk to the same person 2wice.

Treo 755p.
  13.    #13  
    Eguy - Like I mentioned earlier try e-mailing the online customer care. Thats who gave me the go ahead on the new phone.

It seems like the consensus is that the credit goes away once the new billing cycle comes around. I am going to probably send the phone back on Monday then.
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGenTreo View Post
    Eguy - Like I mentioned earlier try e-mailing the online customer care. Thats who gave me the go ahead on the new phone.
    I emailed them 3 weeks ago and last week I got a message "Our email server crashed, please resend your email" so I resent it still no reply...

Is there something special you said? I just explained my problems and I don't get anywhere
  15.    #15  
    Ok I finally have an update on the billing issue. Just got this months bill and it is about $30 more than usual. So I check out the charges, and I still had the credit for $579, but there was also a charge for $599. Went in to my local Sprint store and paid my bill. Told the kid that I hadn't sent it back yet, and he said thats cool sounds like you got a free 700p. So, I basically paid $20 bucks for the new 755p and got to keep my 700p that now works. Has anybody had this much luck, or am I in for another charge next month? The Sprint store rep said that it shouldn't show up next month, but I don't believe anything that comes out of the mouths of the reps at my store.
    I would send it back.. When they do catch the error they will charge you full retail for the 700p... It maybe 2 weeks or 2months or 2 years.. they will figure it out.

Even if you got the 755 for the 700p.....it's a deal.

Cheers
    NextGenTreo, I totally agree with kerrys914.

I had the same situation as you and harbored the same feeling about keeping the 700P. It just seemed that eventually I'd get billed for the 700P and I didn't want to take a chance. Basing your notion on the comment of a low level store employee isn't realistic, in my mind.

I had to call Sprint Customer Service several times before they finally sent me a return kit, but I sleep easier now.

Of course, you can do whatever you feel comfortable with, but I'd explore it further. Let us know how your result turn out.

Again, I agree with kerrys914, that an even swap for a 755 is a great deal.

Best of luck,

GeneL
    It's strange Sprint can get you one in 2 days. The store ordered mine and 2 days later still not in..........
    Matty
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    It's strange Sprint can get you one in 2 days. The store ordered mine and 2 days later still not in..........
    I didn't get mine through the store. The store I went to wasn't a "Corporate" store.
    Ended up calling CS and retentions hooked me up with the new phone next day air.
    Listen to your conscience, or Kharma or light of Christ, whatever you call it . I can almost gaurertee that even if you get away with a free Treo, it'll come back around in another form. Always happens to me so I just do the right thing to begin with now and sure enough it always works out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast