Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just happened to go to the Palm Blog and noticed that they released a new version of the MR. It is the SD card updater; the desktop updater is not yet available.

I am work right now and so I can't update (kinda scared to do so anyway until others report no issues). Anyone want to give it a shot and report on how it went?
    Most of the people that updated with the original SD MR installer (myself included) did so with no major problems. The USB MR installer is the one that produced most of the adverse outcomes.

If you decide to install the MR, I posted steps on how I (and most other successful users) installed the MR. You can find this post here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144948 post #17
    Have a great one...Doc D.

Phillips VELO > Palm III > Palm V > Palm 505m > Treo 180 > Treo 300 > Samsung i500 > Treo 700p > HTC 6800 > Treo 800w > Treo Pro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  3. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffeynboo View Post
    Just happened to go to the Palm Blog and noticed that they released a new version of the MR. It is the SD card updater; the desktop updater is not yet available.

I am work right now and so I can't update (kinda scared to do so anyway until others report no issues). Anyone want to give it a shot and report on how it went?
    I wonder if it is any different that the "old" MR 1.10.

Can someone who can pull it apart check it against the other MR?
    Cheers

Charles
    For those of us who all ready did the update, this one is not for us. I am downloading it just 'cause.

Ben
    Im also wondering if they changed anything like maybe the number tone that accompanies every system tone .. someone post if they changed anything in it...
    Just in time for the weekend!
  7. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    The installation instructions are all hosed. They appear to be using the old instructions.

I guess they don't beta test OR proofread...
    Cheers

Charles
    Oh hell..............................

This time I'm waiting.....

Do we need a new "Official" thread just to keep the re-release info separate????
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I just downloaded and did a binary compare. It is identical to the MR SD installer that was originally posted.
    I installed using the USB initially and am experiencing some problems. Do you think I should intall the MR again but this time using the SD card? Or is have the potential of making things worse?
    TIA
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 06/21/2007 at 07:59 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600 View Post
    I just downloaded and did a binary compare. It is identical to the MR SD installer that was originally posted.
    I'm not trying it...

Who goes first?
  12. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    If it is an identical file then there is no need to reinstall it.

Oddly enough I installed it from a mini-SD card with adapter and all was fine.

Unless someone upgraded and his phone doesn't show the new 1.10 then redoing the update won't change anything.
    Cheers

Charles
    I just finished the update to 1.10 from 1.08. No issues so far.
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomeyer View Post

Wait.....for......it.......

Actually it would be good to Try it for 1 solid week before reporting.. the good, bad and the ugly given Palm's current Track record.

I thought it was very nice of Mr. Loeffler to say:

Verizon Wireless users, we will make the 700p MR available as soon as we can.
    Did you use the new file and which or whose instructions?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    How about the random tone issue so many are reporting after updating?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144642
    From today's blog entry:

"The SD card updater has been reposted to the Palm site - installation details can be found here. We are working to resolve the installation issue with the desktop updater and will make it available as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

So, that's it? No explanation of what happened? Are we to assume the desktop installer was messed up and the sd installer was ok? Meaning the ROM itself is OK and any problems experienced are due to the Desktop install?

I though I've read where folks using the SD method had various problems?
    Yep, beta testers, er, first installers of the re-release.....please document procedures...
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    Yep, beta testers, er, first installers of the re-release.....please document procedures...

GoogleNerd,

I see you swirling around this post like a vulture waiting for a kill.

Just Do it

LOL
    GAH! I've lost 4 to the previous MR...I'm being prudent (i.e. chickensh*t)
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast