Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Nope. It's a different icon on the left most side of the screen. It would be to the left of the txt icon.
    If you tell me how to test I will...I have versamail setup to check a personal pop account for "whatever" types of situations...
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    If you tell me how to test I will...I have versamail setup to check a personal pop account for "whatever" types of situations...
    You just need to have an unread email in Versamail.
    OK sent myself an email and I see no icon on the phone app. Are there any prefs I need to have set to see it...???
    OK sent myself an email and I see no icon on the phone app. Are there any prefs I need to have set to see it...???
    No it should just automatically be there. Sounds like they still have this disabled.
    not sure if you did this already but make sure you pull that mail you just sent to yourself from the "whatever just in case" server
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    hmmmm...well how do I set it up to pull? I could figure it out, but it might be faster if you guys could step me through it for quick and dirty's sake...

edit: I see...set it up to "Auto sync" every x minutes. I set it for 5 and sent another test message...
    I didn't get the icon, but the phone shows the flashing alarm bell, and a flashing green led...like when you miss a call or have a waiting voicemail or a task reminder alarm. Press the flashing alarm bell and it comes up with the email notification. Chech the box, close the alert screen, and there is no icon on the phone app.
    Ok, it's still borked then. No update for me. Thanks for testing!
    Do I need to redo this update as I did it initially with success?

Is this update different or featuring any other improvements over the last one they posted early June?
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    What backup software do you use? Backupman?

If Backupman, did you do a full restore, or restore only certain files?

I'm asking because I have had issues with hotsynch for some time, but it has not bothered me because I backup my SD card frequently (including 2 days worth of Backupman files).
    I use BackupMan. I did the full restore, and it worked fine.

On a side note, either my vision has gone wonky, or my text is blurry.
    Visit my smartphone website :
    Smartphone Reviews
    Reviews & news on all smartphones - including the Treo line.
    Blurry text with a brown like shadow is another side effect of the MR on some phones.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman001 View Post
    Do I need to redo this update as I did it initially with success?

Is this update different or featuring any other improvements over the last one they posted early June?
    No. It should be the same. Someone earlier in the thread performed a binary compare with the original SD MR with this new one and they came out as identical.
    sounds good so far ... but waiting anyway. again
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Blurry text with a brown like shadow is another side effect of the MR on some phones.
    Yeah, I definitely do not want that again.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Mine used to indicate the number of unread emails in the phone app at the upper left. Has not done so since the 1.10 update. I use snappermail only.
    I've read elsewhere that Takephone has this feature. If you feel like testing, could you install the trial version and see ?
    Palm removed the email icon from the phone screen, due to it slowing down the phone app too much. I for one am grateful, everytime that dumb icon changed the phone slowed to a crawl.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Maybe I need to eat a little crow. I was just changing the tone for "New Mail" alert sound. Everytime I would change the sound, I can hear a faint dial tone sound right before the sound for new mail ended. So perhaps the dial tone bug does exist with the speaker as well as with wired headset. But again, it was barely noticable.
    In certain situations (bathrooms, corporate meetings, etc) the beep is loud enough to be fairly obvious. Enough to keep me from using it during those times. I'd be tempted to swap my wife's non-updated treo with mine just to fix that if we could get our phone numbers switched. Or Palm could just do their job and fix their own messes.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Ice way to pass the 1.5 hour commute home

Everything went without a hitch (so far). Blazer loaded immediately, but some preferences were lost. More to folow as I take it through the paces.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast