Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    What about the new mail icon ? Does it work correctly now or is it still missing ?
    Oh, happy day.

So, I guess the SD card route is the only way to go.
    Just did the update, followed the directions from palm exactly ( except I restored from my SD card afterwards ), and so far so good. Working flawlessly, none of that crazy beeping that some folks have reported. Good times.

Seemed slower at first ( wierd ) but now seems to have cleared up... lag when going to phone screen is almost gone, fantastic. Used to take 5-10 seconds for the white screen to go away.
    Visit my smartphone website :
    Smartphone Reviews
    Reviews & news on all smartphones - including the Treo line.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    I'm updating as I type here. I've done everything "by the book". We'll see...
    After all the problems you had last time I thought you would wait. I waited last time, and I'm waiting again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    My post MR 1.0 update only plays the touchtone sound through the headphones...not the speaker...not my BT headset....so **** on my friend.
    Can anyone else confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by fireman50 View Post
    What about the new mail icon ? Does it work correctly now or is it still missing ?
    I'm wondering this too.
    Da*# Reset Loop
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    After all the problems you had last time I thought you would wait. I waited last time, and I'm waiting again.
    I told myself I would too, but the promise of working BT was just too much. As a consulting engineer I spend quite a few hours a week on the road and at noisy jobsites. One of the mechanical contractors I'm working with now showed me the Jawbone, and how phenomanal the noise blocking action is and I was just sold on the spot. I have reluctantly avoided getting one as the 3-4 BT headsets I've tried have been crappy w/ the 700p. They all seemed to work fine with my wife's "free" flip phone but crappy with my $550 700p. I'm a geek in need of a fix...

I told myself that if the re-MR didn't work this time, then........well, I'd stomp up and down at the sprint store like my 4 year old until I got my Mogul or the police came to pick me up.

The update process went quietly and with no hitches, hiccups, or strange behavior. It took 43 minutes (20 minutes backing up, 23 minutes installing the MR, and well, plus about a hour to make the decision to do it.) I followed the procedure as note by TreoNewt and all is well, so far. I have noted the key beep bug but not the mail bug. All of my apps are working as before and there have been no resets. I did have to reinstall googlemaps. I haven't had enough time or calls to judge BT but I have hope enough that I went and got a Jawbone at lunch...

We'll see!
    I told myself I would too, but the promise of working BT was just too much. As a consulting engineer I spend quite a few hours a week on the road and at noisy jobsites. One of the mechanical contractors I'm working with now showed me the Jawbone, and how phenomanal the noise blocking action is and I was just sold on the spot. I have reluctantly avoided getting one as the 3-4 BT headsets I've tried have been crappy w/ the 700p. They all seemed to work fine with my wife's "free" flip phone but crappy with my $550 700p. I'm a geek in need of a fix...

I told myself that if the re-MR didn't work this time, then........well, I'd stomp up and down at the sprint store like my 4 year old until I got my Mogul or the police came to pick me up.

The update process went quietly and with no hitches, hiccups, or strange behavior. It took 43 minutes (20 minutes backing up, 23 minutes installing the MR, and well, plus about a hour to make the decision to do it.) I followed the procedure as note by TreoNewt and all is well, so far. I have noted the key beep bug but not the mail bug. All of my apps are working as before and there have been no resets. I did have to reinstall googlemaps. I haven't had enough time or calls to judge BT but I have hope enough that I went and got a Jawbone at lunch...

We'll see!
    Keep us updated on how well the Jawbone performs.
    Yah, please tell us how the Jawbone performs after the MR.
    I was getting ready to buy one for myself as my update went very good
    My jawbone performs a lot better, although I didnt have many problems before the MR (1st release). I have noticed that the Jawbone will beep a lot (no, it isnt a low battery) at times, indicating that its out of range but if a call comes through, it still pairs immediately!
    Quote Originally Posted by cahsdad View Post
    Da*# Reset Loop
    Woo Hoo! 2nd time worked! (Of course, with all the resets it would actually be the 37th time.)

Had a problem updating Adobe Reader 8.0 to 8.1 yesterday. Took three hours and a system restore to finally "fix" the problem. Thought that I missed hearing that Palm bought Adobe...
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    I have noted the key beep bug but not the mail bug.
    Just to be clear, can you confirm that the mail icon on the phone screen works after using the latest update ? This was the deal breaker for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrown71 View Post
    Just did the update, followed the directions from palm exactly ( except I restored from my SD card afterwards ), and so far so good. Working flawlessly, none of that crazy beeping that some folks have reported. Good times.

Seemed slower at first ( wierd ) but now seems to have cleared up... lag when going to phone screen is almost gone, fantastic. Used to take 5-10 seconds for the white screen to go away.
    What backup software do you use? Backupman?

If Backupman, did you do a full restore, or restore only certain files?

I'm asking because I have had issues with hotsynch for some time, but it has not bothered me because I backup my SD card frequently (including 2 days worth of Backupman files).
    Just to be clear, can you confirm that the mail icon on the phone screen works after using the latest update ? This was the deal breaker for me.
    I just called myself and left a message. Everything worked as before the MR with the mail icon. Is this what you are refering too????
    I just called myself and left a message. Everything worked as before the MR with the mail icon. Is this what you are refering too????
    I think he is referring to the email icon that shows up in the same bar as the time and date in the phone app when you have unread emails.
    Oh. Dunno about that. I use OWA for work email, so no push for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Can anyone else confirm this?

I'm wondering this too.
    Maybe I need to eat a little crow. I was just changing the tone for "New Mail" alert sound. Everytime I would change the sound, I can hear a faint dial tone sound right before the sound for new mail ended. So perhaps the dial tone bug does exist with the speaker as well as with wired headset. But again, it was barely noticable.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    The icon is still missing.
    blah. I'll just stay where I'm at then.
    Is the email icon the same icon used for incoming text messages???
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast