1.    #1  
    All of a sudden (today) many applications on my Treo 755p have been causing the treo to reset when opened. I’ve noticed that chattermail did this (deleted), files is doing it, googlemaps is doing it, and google maps is the only one giving an actual error message before hand which states:

“Couldn’t open database tile cache-GLM.: dmErrCorruptDatabase”

Are there any ideas as to what may have caused this problem? Any quick fixes? I bought the treo about a week and a half ago and will bring this back to sprint for an exchange if these problems keep persisting. I’ve hot synced many times, is that something that will be able to restore my contacts, calendar, etc… if these problems persist. Is this something that a ‘hard reset’ could fix? I’d appreciate any help you may be able to give in this matter.

- Disgruntled 755p user
    Did you upgrade from another Treo or Palm device? If so, did you remove/rename the backup folder in the Palm folder before you did a hotsync?
    I would hard reset the 755 and start with a clean slate (don't just restore from backup). Delete the backup folder in your hotsync folder and then reinstall one application at a time.
    I'd bet it's something that a hard reset would take care of, but the first thing I would do is delete everything on the Treo that didn't come with the phone and then see if it still does it. My guess is it won't unless you synced the phone to a previous Treo before you installled the new desktop software. Google Maps came with the 755 so I would open that first and it should work. If it doesn't, go exchange the phone and before you give the store your old phone, beam the contacts and datebook to the new one and then hard reset the old one. Then be sure to install the new software and follow the instructions on when to hotsync and don't do it BEFORE. Again, I'm sure it's a program you downloaded that's causing this.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Exactly. I found after lots of frustration that something I never thought of or was using was causing my resets. For me, it was Kinoma.

Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I'd bet it's something that a hard reset would take care of, but the first thing I would do is delete everything on the Treo that didn't come with the phone and then see if it still does it. My guess is it won't unless you synced the phone to a previous Treo before you installled the new desktop software. Google Maps came with the 755 so I would open that first and it should work. If it doesn't, go exchange the phone and before you give the store your old phone, beam the contacts and datebook to the new one and then hard reset the old one. Then be sure to install the new software and follow the instructions on when to hotsync and don't do it BEFORE. Again, I'm sure it's a program you downloaded that's causing this.
  6.    #6  
    I did NOT use a previous treo before this, started from scratch with this one. If I hard reset I will lose my contacts, calendar, etc.. correct? I know that hotsyncing saves these however what should I do after reset to restore ONLY the contacts and calendar? Also the hard reset is holding the power button while installing the battery?
    If you're using a PC, the folder that's in c:\program files\palm\(your hotsync id)\backup. Only delete the backup folder.
  8.    #8  
    if I delete the backup folder, won't I delete my contacts / calendar?
    adding this thread to the "one month meltdown thread!"

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145758
    Is there a fix for this that doesn't require me hard resetting? I just can't risk that right now. I installed the latest google maps and still I get this error. It just started a month ago or so, I don't know that I installed anything new. I did upgrade from the Opera beta to the final, but other than that, nothing else is new.
    FYI - my problem was with google maps. However, I installed the latest version and still had the same problem. I then uninstalled the new version and the old version (which was still installed) started working. I then re-installed the new version and everything is working.
    Quote Originally Posted by mirwin View Post
    if I delete the backup folder, won't I delete my contacts / calendar?
    Deleting the backup folder only gets rid of the backup of installed "3rd party" software -- your contacts, calendar, tasks and memo databases are saved elsewhere.

Better than deleting it -- just rename it "Backupold112707" -- that way the Palm software will not use it to restore from but it is still saved on your PC hardrive in case you want to go back to that folder for something.

Cheers, Perry.