Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I recently upgraded to the 755 from my trusty old 600. I used Snappermail on the 600 and prefer its user interface to Versamail's. I am seriously considering switching to Snappermail, but I want to make sure I will not be leaving some important functionality behind in Versamail.

Would you recommend Snappermail?
    Any help appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by treeofan View Post
    I am seriously considering switching to Snappermail, but I want to make sure I will not be leaving some important functionality behind in Versamail.
    I have not even opened Versamail on my 755p. I installed Snappermail the first day I got it.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    It really depends if you use EAS. If not, I prefer Snapper.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i have used snappermail for years, it is far more stable then versamail.
    morris stalk
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I tried Versamail, it sucks. I just don't see the point of it.

I tried it because I didn't know Snappermail could upload sent messages to my Exchange server. It can.

I've used Snappermail ever since. Nice people, great support, easy to use and it's reliable.

I'd use Snapper over Versa, any day.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks all. What is EAS? Is the integration of Snappermail with photos and pdf and other attachments as good as good as Versamail?

Thanks again.
    snaper works well w/all my apps on my 700p.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Hey Treoofan,

Yes. Snappers integration with pics, PDF and Office files, works great.
    This is a first in a couple of ways:

#1 - no one said anything good about Versamail
    and
    #2 - no one went off topic and mentioned the best of the group, ChatterEmail!

Congratulations!

Ben
  10.    #10  
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treeofan View Post
    Thanks all. What is EAS? Is the integration of Snappermail with photos and pdf and other attachments as good as good as Versamail?

Thanks again.
    EAS=Exchange ActiveSync. This allows your (your company's) Exchange server to sync with your Treo. You can push email and sync contacts and calendar (Outlook).
    Last edited by fwinst; 06/22/2007 at 04:40 PM.
    Huh, OK, well, I'll go ahead and pipe in as a minority here. I've had no problems with Versamail but then again I only use it to grab my Gmail. Set up the sync, added in a couple of filters and it's never let me down (except on my 600, I couldn't send cuz the cert was out of date...). In terms of leaving behind functionality, I really doubt you'll leave anything behind (I'm sure SnapperMail has everything that VersaMail has and more). But that really depends on what you want it for, I guess. VersaMail is very simple and reliable (for me at least) and that's all I really need from it.
  13. Daz
    Versa mail just gets one email at a time for me...Snappermail has alway been the better email app for me...easier to use...quicker to delete mail and has a one botton retrieval for your mail.....I love snappermail!!!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Versamail has been extremely stable for me after the first 650 MR. Been happy with it every since. It does a great job of autocompleting email addresses, intigration with the calandar, and it is built in.

I think because versa was very unstable w/ the 600 and early on with the 650 people have a bad taste in their mouth with it.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    ^I'm not aware of the integration with calendar. Could you elaborate please? I'm always looking to learn new features.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Versa mail just gets one email at a time for me...Snappermail has alway been the better email app for me...easier to use...quicker to delete mail and has a one botton retrieval for your mail.....I love snappermail!!!
    Huh, never had that problem before, it's always retrieved all new emails for me. Using the "Get" on VersaMail, I admit, is a crap shoot (in that it will sometimes get more than I intended for some odd reason, could be GMail tho). But I rarely use it, I just let it autosync every 30 min, I'm not in that much of a rush to get my emails. Plus, I only recently learned how to mark emails with the dpad, much easier to manage now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^I'm not aware of the integration with calendar. Could you elaborate please? I'm always looking to learn new features.
    Never mind - found out about EAS.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Never mind - found out about EAS.
    I talking about how on the today page of the calandar, you can see how many emails you have and how many are unread.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Overall, Snappermail is a better app, but since you asked about any benefits of Versamail over Snappermail, there is one that was non-trivial for me: Versamail has filters, Snappermail does not.
  20.    #20  
    Thanks everyone. I went ahead and got the latest Snappermail, and I could not get it to send, using the same settings that worked fine on the old version on my 600 Treo.

Receiving works fine. So for now I am still using Versamail. I spent about an hour working on this and finally I set it aside until I come up with a new idea of what I am doing wrong.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast