Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Snappermail rules. It's simple, straightforward and powerful.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I tried using Versamail when I got my 755p, but it is really bad and not stable. I have IMAP accounts and to me the biggest pain is when you sync folders it goies out and gets a list and then you have to hit "ok". Snappermail just syncs folders as a normal part of send/receive.

I'm back to Snappermail and happy again.
    The difference in ease of use and stability is without comparison. One of the nicest things for me are the Shortcuts, when in the in box a simple press of letter 's' selects all the emails and then 'd' deletes them and 'e' empties the trash. How wonderfully simple this is, beside that I have never had Snapper cause my Treo to crash, can't say that for Chatter, Agenda Mail of any other mail program I've tried over my Treo career
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow View Post
    The difference in ease of use and stability is without comparison. One of the nicest things for me are the Shortcuts, when in the in box a simple press of letter 's' selects all the emails and then 'd' deletes them and 'e' empties the trash.
    Ditto here! Simple one hand, one button, operation.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    one benefit of using versamail is that its free and is already stored on the palm, so you don't have to install anything else.

Versamail works fine for me.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I've been using versamail on my 650 and previously on the 600.

What I like about it is the ability to sync contacts, emails, and calendar, all via my unlimited data plan with my companies corporate server. Versamail 3.5 is required for this function.

About the only thing I don't like about it is that it does not give me an option to save file to card if it does not recognize a format and I can't find where the attachments are temporary saved to.

I was at the dragstrip and a friend forget to load his tune file. He had his wife send it to my email, I d/l via versamail, but since it was not a known file type it only offered it to view in txt, which did me no good. I've looked on the RAM using teal mover, but no luck in locating the actual file. A workaround is that if the file is sent in zip, it does give you the option to save it.

Does anyone know if chatter or snapper allows for files to be saved directly to card even without recognizing file type?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I now take the above back. In the actual email if you click on the yellowish icon next to the attachment name, it gives you the ability to save to card. Doh, do I feel dumb now!

The good thing is now I have no BEEFS!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12