1.    #1  
    Okay.....cross your fingers....Hope I don't brick the phone. I am nervous....I want to do this. I think....Oh the Humanity!!!
    Just follow the instructions and you'll be fine...
  3.    #3  
    ugh....can't connect to the phone...saying errors... when I launch the rom tool...it says does your phone have a password?
    Why? Use one of the many on this forum. I used James 650 and it was great IIRC. Not 100% sure, it's been a while. Retired that old 650 with a nice 680 some time ago.
  5.    #5  
    I am stupid...machine at work doesn't have .net 2.0
    Ooops! Yup, you need 2.0 to do it...
  7.    #7  
    well I repaired the 2.0 framework, but it is still asking me for a friggin password for the phone. I have a verizon 650 if that makes a difference. It keeps saying upload error phone not ready...UGGHHH
  8.    #8  
    Did a hard reset before doing the rom. Success!!!!
    Got rid of Blazer, welcome info, quick tour, but haven't really gained space. It says in the rom tool that I have 2 mb wasted space. Any ideas?
    Last edited by cadman; 06/21/2007 at 02:06 PM.
    Yeah..... Use someone elses which has already done all of that.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the great tip.....Anyhow had trouble finding one with 1.05 update.
    You're making a custom 1.05 rom!?
  12.    #12  
    was trying. Got it to work too. Then after pushing it a bit too far it got stuck in the reset loop.
  13.    #13  
    Success!!! I put Voice Dial, Zlauncher, Backupman, Trace etc into Rom and removed Blazer, Wireless Sync and Versamail. Will I run into problems with data connections if I don't have these programs installed, i.e. automatically connecting and not knowing about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Success!!! I put Voice Dial, Zlauncher, Backupman, Trace etc into Rom and removed Blazer, Wireless Sync and Versamail. Will I run into problems with data connections if I don't have these programs installed, i.e. automatically connecting and not knowing about it?
    Do you have Opera or any other browser installed? You have to have something to get you onto the internet unless you're not planning to use data at all. Versa isn't important, but Blazer is if you don't have something else.
    I don't browse much, but no way I'd want Blazer removed.. How much space could you possibly recover? 700k?
  16.    #16  
    Nope I don't want the internet at all.
    No data for me. I am in the minority. I was down to 2.3 mb free and crashing every few hrs and every sms I send would go thru, then say message failed. I am now up to 4.0 mb free and no problems.
    If you have that little ram, you might look into PowerRun or ZLauncher. I suspect you must have a lot of programs installed, so ZLauncher is probably your best bet as it's a nice launcher, file manager, and saves lots of ram by moving programs and their data to the SD card.

PowerRun does the same for saving space by moving programs and data, but that's all it does. If you like your current launcher, it's the way to go.

I have a bunch of stuff installed, so I stay with ZLauncher. I don't need the ram savings that much on my 680, although I'm not sure if I would have enough if I moved all of my apps into ram.
  18.    #18  
    I have zlauncher. Problem is I have the program Moviehound and its add on takes up 9 mb, and resets the phone if run from the card. I have my phone looking like vista right now.