1.    #1  
    Why is it that Kinoma doesn't enable background play? I would love to listen to something and surf the web on Blazer.
    It just doesn't. I wish it was more like PTunes myself. Or PTunes would do it all, and there was no need for Kinoma.
    Matty
    At least you weren't asking for background movie playing, like someone did once.. That was a hoot.
    I'm just glad you can you turn the screen off while playing audio...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    No background play is a HUGE handicap. It means that you cannot do ANYTHING else while playing or streaming.

With pTunes, I am listening to music while using Datebk6 while Chatter downloads my e-mails in the background. Who says that POS cannot multitask?

I have Kinoma, but use it only for video and WMA streaming (which pTunes cannot do :-(
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    If Kinoma and SlingPlayer would keep their audio streams alive in the background, I would have little need for WM.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    No background play is a HUGE handicap. It means that you cannot do ANYTHING else while playing or streaming.

With pTunes, I am listening to music while using Datebk6 while Chatter downloads my e-mails in the background. Who says that POS cannot multitask?

I have Kinoma, but use it only for video and WMA streaming (which pTunes cannot do :-(
    POS can not multi-task ...really

PTunes, Chatter, and several other programs sure can do a nifty imitation of multitasking though. Too bad Kinoma can't learn from them.
    Cooperative multitasking (a la DOS TSR, Win 3.11, Win98, POS) is still multitasking (at least among well-written applications).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  9.    #9  
    I know the folks from Kinoma monitor this thread and wondered if they had any official stance.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Cooperative multitasking (a la DOS TSR, Win 3.11, Win98, POS) is still multitasking (at least among well-written applications).
    ok... you win ;-) (Of course now people will think that two or more processes are really running at the same time in their tiny treos.)

Now, make Kinoma multitask as well as ptunes does!
    I forgot "Classic" Mac OS (1984-2001)". That was cooperative multitasking as well.

Kinoma should implement background music playing. I think they are riding on the coattails of their streaming video and WMA capabilities.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM