1. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Sprint "upgraded" me from an oddly performing 650 to a 700p last week (I'd had the 650 for over a year and hadn't added/deleted anything for at least a half year and have never dropped it or spilled anything on it - no way to hotsync, wouldn't recognize memory card and a couple of keys were iffy - I gues it was just wearing out).

I couldn't get it to connect reliably to my headset via BT so I immediately did the MR update (via SD card - no problems) and now my headset (Moto 700) connection is pretty reliable, so I'm more or less happy (the in/out of range beep is driving me nuts though).

I could never get anything to connect to my Dell X1 laptop via BT, so I used PDANet from JuneFabrics on my old 650 with a USB cable. That worked reliably so I'm thinking that I'll do the same with the 700. Is there any advantage of using USBModem over PDANet? The Price of PDAnet is actually a bit cheaper as an upgrader than USBModem? I assume I don't need the DUN hack for this either, right?

Now about the unusual problem.

My 700p (more frequently when out of coverage area) tends to turn itself off after about 10 seconds of inactivity (or rather, not touchscreen activity - like deleting text using the back key). The timing is set to 2 minutes.

One microsecond you are deleting text, the next you are looking at a black screen. Tapping the screen does nothing (so it isn't just the screen that turns off) but pressing the "call end" button puts you right back to where you were.

I've tried all the "turn off" settings but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Any thoughts?
    Cheers

Charles
  2. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Nobody has any thoughts?
    Cheers

Charles
    I've tried both PDAnet & USBmodem & they both SUCK compared to BT DUN. That's what I'm using right now in fact. Both those programs would disconnect on me frequently, and the BT DUN doesn't. I'd give that another try if I were you. You do need a DUN hack but it's very stable & easy to do, it's just a prc & I can send it to you if you want.

For the screen problem, try installing a program called Auto Off. Set it to whatever time you want & give the phone a reset. If it still doesn't work right after that, then I'm stumped.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    I use the updated PDAnet (4.10) with post-MR 700 over BT. Rock SOLID!!! YMMV I guess.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I use PDANet and Auto Off and sometimes I use SYSInfo which also has an Auto-off prohibitor.

If you use Auto Off in conjunction with MacroPlay, you can set up a macro to automagically invoke your unit into the always on condition...however, I don't recommend that you do this unless you are very brave and savvy...

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  6. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Thanks all. I guess I'll try to do the BTDUN route again - if I can get my Dell to behave....
    Cheers

Charles