Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i have just received my second one in the mail, first one didn't work. they couldn't get it swapped into my account. now they are having the same issue with this one. i dunno whats going on, they keep saying the phone isn't activated and can't be put on to my account. but it gets on their network just fine, both have been able to. i am so frustrated with sprint right now, its been like 3 weeks and 10 plus hours on hold and still have no replacement phone.

has anyone succesfully traded out sprint 700p's for another in the last two weeks?

i got one replacement through palm, and this latest one through sprints insurance company. this has to be an issue on sprints end, what is the chances of me getting two phones from 2 different sources that don't work?
    Sounds more like an error with their systems rather than the phone. If you keep calling back I would try to get moved up the ladder to a Level II tech or something.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR View Post
    Sounds more like an error with their systems rather than the phone. If you keep calling back I would try to get moved up the ladder to a Level II tech or something.
    yea, i have hit every level of support i think, sill haven't gotten anywhere. just curious if anyone has had this happen and how they may have gotten it resolved.
    I've just taken mine to the store, but I have the equipment protection or service plan for $4 on my account. They have replaced it with a brand new in box 700p Pre-MR version.
    You need to go into a store. You'll get nowhere on the phone.
    I got my replacement through Palm after the bad MR update. No charge whatsoever then I called Sprint activated it no problem.
    I just picked up my replacement 700p at a third-party Sprint store. It's a refurb, in mint condition. According to info from the ##RTN screen it was only out for a week before it was refurbed.

So far it's working faster and better with 1.08 than the other one was with 1.08 or 1.10! Of course, I've only had it for under two hours and haven't tried bluetooth yet. But no lag so far!

I didn't have any problems with activation, it was all set within a couple of minutes! That part went much faster than my previous activations, which was nice.

Hope yours are all set, finally!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    still haven't got my phone activated, still getting nowhere it seems as to why. I am with advanced tech support again. if I don't get any sorta definitive time frame or a solution I am gonna head down to the store, even though I usually get the worst service ever at their stores. So far I have received a credit for 75 bucks for all my trouble, wonder if I can't get some more pity perks as long as they can't get this figured out?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    edubz,
    I had my 600 swapped for a 700p last Friday. There was some sort of problem doing the swap. Something having to do with the ESN number and serial not matching. Took them 2 hours to get it resolved at the store.

I was on the phone with Sprint support today and had a rep transfer me to another queue because I was on the "old system". So it's very likely a system issue at their end.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edubz View Post
    i have just received my second one in the mail, first one didn't work. they couldn't get it swapped into my account. now they are having the same issue with this one. i dunno whats going on, they keep saying the phone isn't activated and can't be put on to my account. but it gets on their network just fine, both have been able to. i am so frustrated with sprint right now, its been like 3 weeks and 10 plus hours on hold and still have no replacement phone.

has anyone succesfully traded out sprint 700p's for another in the last two weeks?

i got one replacement through palm, and this latest one through sprints insurance company. this has to be an issue on sprints end, what is the chances of me getting two phones from 2 different sources that don't work?
    not in the last 2 weeks but about a month ago yes, and about a month before that too. something is wrong with your account on Sprint's end
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    well, they came up with a new error code during my last call to tech support saying the latest phone they sent had its esn still attached to another account, but then when they would bring up that other account the esn wasn't listed anywhere with it. they had me call the insurance place to see if they could release the esn. the insurance said they could transfer me to someone who could do that release but then the person who they put me on with just said that they are gonna send me a brand new in box 700p that will arrive tuesday. she didn't even try and mess with the esn at all, just said she is gonna send me a brand new one first thing. thats cool with me.

thanks all for the input so far. now should i try and get it activated over the phone or just go to a store and get it done with this one?
    Gotta love Sprint, all this trouble for a refurbished phone.
    "Pity perks" Get what you can!!!
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I just swapped my 700p for a new 700p and at first I was getting an error message. It turned out that the MSID# was programmed incorrectly. Now the new phone works fine. Good luck with your phone.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Well, I am supposed to get a brand new 700p arriving tomorrow according to insurance. I just called the insurance to check for a tracking number and their recording said that it was approved but hasn't shipped yet. I hope that their system is behind because if it didn't ship by today I am not sure how it could get here by tomorrow.

Since its a brand new phone in box and everything, could I just return it to a sprint store for store credit and get the 755p?

I am kinda over the 700p and its constant issues. These current problems have got to be some issue on sprints back end though, with all these phones not activating. Maybe this one won't work too and I can pressure in store for a 755? I just wish the battery and memory card I bought worked for the 755 then I would push harder for one.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Well, I spent 4 hrs on the phone with an apparent supervisor. Finally, considering it "was" still under the 1 yr warranty, and I pay the & bucks for so-called FULL ERVICE, along with this issues this POS has had since the beginning, she offered to send me a refurb overnight. Two hrs later, she called and left me a vm , apologizing and saying that she is sending me a 755P instead. She mentioned, nothing about any extra charges.

A while later I called up to try to get one of the reps to email her that it was unacceptable to me that I was already "forced" into buying a 700P after going through 8.... Anyway, I explained to the rep that I would rejec the package, manly because I already bought a 4 GB SD card, Seidio Extended bater and other crap.

Last thing, the rep I called was from the call center in the midlle of nowhere in NewFoundland Canada. It has been my experience over the years, that everytime I've spoken with reps in Canada, they are useless, and do not listen to you. They also lie about the "Managerial" status.

Now, My bill is totaly screwed up and makes no sense. I have a great deal from retention, but I'm still dropping calls, phone freezes after 30 mins of use or reboots, etc. The Rom update from the SD worked right away for me , so I guess I'm lucky in that respect. I really do not have another 3 hrs to streighen out my bill. So, I wrote a complaint to the BBB and I am sending a letter to Palm about their total lack of knowledge between the company regarding "real" customer concerns.

I'm a big Apple geek, and if it weren't for Sprint's prices, and beter call quality (we shall see iPhone) , along with EDGE being kind of slow, I would switch to iPhone 2.0 next year. Apple is the only one who could make a "true" SmartPhone and usually accept responsability, and provide a solution in a timly manner. Palm, is OVER , if they don't change their ways. When I did QA at Apple years ago on Software, they were so stringent that I was amazed. I still can't believe that Palm basically ignores their customers. Sprint CS has gotten worse , and I never understood "why" when you are a supposed "Valued Customer" that all they do is appologize , but ofe no solutions. Also, why can't I call back and speak with the same rep that was helping me before? Instead dial *2 or the other numbers, wait, try to explain the whole problem again and wind up with no solution???? This is a mystery. Oy !
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howiej1 View Post
    Well, I spent 4 hrs on the phone with an apparent supervisor. Finally, considering it "was" still under the 1 yr warranty, and I pay the & bucks for so-called FULL ERVICE, along with this issues this POS has had since the beginning, she offered to send me a refurb overnight. Two hrs later, she called and left me a vm , apologizing and saying that she is sending me a 755P instead. She mentioned, nothing about any extra charges.

A while later I called up to try to get one of the reps to email her that it was unacceptable to me that I was already "forced" into buying a 700P after going through 8.... Anyway, I explained to the rep that I would rejec the package, manly because I already bought a 4 GB SD card, Seidio Extended bater and other crap.

Last thing, the rep I called was from the call center in the midlle of nowhere in NewFoundland Canada. It has been my experience over the years, that everytime I've spoken with reps in Canada, they are useless, and do not listen to you. They also lie about the "Managerial" status.

Now, My bill is totaly screwed up and makes no sense. I have a great deal from retention, but I'm still dropping calls, phone freezes after 30 mins of use or reboots, etc. The Rom update from the SD worked right away for me , so I guess I'm lucky in that respect. I really do not have another 3 hrs to streighen out my bill. So, I wrote a complaint to the BBB and I am sending a letter to Palm about their total lack of knowledge between the company regarding "real" customer concerns.

I'm a big Apple geek, and if it weren't for Sprint's prices, and beter call quality (we shall see iPhone) , along with EDGE being kind of slow, I would switch to iPhone 2.0 next year. Apple is the only one who could make a "true" SmartPhone and usually accept responsability, and provide a solution in a timly manner. Palm, is OVER , if they don't change their ways. When I did QA at Apple years ago on Software, they were so stringent that I was amazed. I still can't believe that Palm basically ignores their customers. Sprint CS has gotten worse , and I never understood "why" when you are a supposed "Valued Customer" that all they do is appologize , but ofe no solutions. Also, why can't I call back and speak with the same rep that was helping me before? Instead dial *2 or the other numbers, wait, try to explain the whole problem again and wind up with no solution???? This is a mystery. Oy !

I did get one rep who actually called back when they said they would, of course there was nothing he could do at that point because the insurance had to send me another phone. he even called me on a saturday, and he called twice, i hung up on him the first time thinking he was a telemarketer.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Your last part about hanging up is hilarous. I have a ovely collection agency calling me at least 10 x /day over $576.oo I still owe that joke of a company "PayPa;." I wish Sprint or Palm eould call me !

I just think it's aazing that we are dealing with a Communications company here, and yet neither the customer nor people within Sprint can communcate with each other or yo. In other words it's like a freakin" HMO - more time on the phone here, getting transfered all over the world and you still never get resolution. None of the stores here in S.F wil trade out a phone anymore, even if it's under the 1 yr warranty. I wish I knew how to get them to do so. If I didn't get froced to pay an upgrade las year, I sure as hell won't pay for the 755, unles Sprint wants to pay for new cards and accessores !

I did get one rep who actually called back when they said they would, of course there was nothing he could do at that point because the insurance had to send me another phone. he even called me on a saturday, and he called twice, i hung up on him the first time thinking he was a telemarketer.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Your last part about hanging up is hilarous. I have a ovely collection agency calling me at least 10 x /day over $576.oo I still owe that joke of a company "PayPa;." I wish Sprint or Palm eould call me !

I just think it's aazing that we are dealing with a Communications company here, and yet neither the customer nor people within Sprint can communcate with each other or yo. In other words it's like a freakin" HMO - more time on the phone here, getting transfered all over the world and you still never get resolution. None of the stores here in S.F wil trade out a phone anymore, even if it's under the 1 yr warranty. I wish I knew how to get them to do so. If I didn't get froced to pay an upgrade las year, I sure as hell won't pay for the 755, unles Sprint wants to pay for new cards and accessores !

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

I just think it's amazing that we are dealing with a Communications company here, and yet neither the customer nor people within Sprint can communcate with each other or you. What about "forming relationships wih your customers," instead of being needlesly passsed around 1st level folks who know nothing. In other words it's like a freakin" HMO - more time on the phone here, getting transfered all over the world and you still never get resolution, more paperwork = confusion).

None of the stores here in S.F wil trade out a phone anymore, even if it's under the 1 yr warranty. I wish I knew how to get them to do so. If I didn't get froced to pay an upgrade las year, I sure as hell won't pay for the 755, unles Sprint wants to pay for new cards and accessores !