Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    hi. can i use a 1 ear earpiece, like the HS850 on Audio Gateway, or does it only work with stereo devices (that are designed for two ears). I'm looking to listen to mp3's while i drive, through bluetooth, but only out of one ear. thanks.
    From

http://softick.com/faq.php?&cat=4&prod=14#58

Q: Can I listen my music via my bluetooth earpice (mono headset)?

A: Unfortunately, mono bluetooth headset can't provide stereo A2DP profile which is required by Audio Gateway.
    These headsets can provide SCO capability only. Currently this profile is not supported by our product.
    We know what many people want a version for their earpieces, that's why Softick is working hard to implement this profile as soon as possible.
    You can read more about our problems with mono headset on our forum http://www.softick-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=864.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by sibr View Post
    hi. can i use a 1 ear earpiece, like the HS850 on Audio Gateway, or does it only work with stereo devices (that are designed for two ears). I'm looking to listen to mp3's while i drive, through bluetooth, but only out of one ear. thanks.
    Yes you can. Buy the BT8010 and it will work with SAG.
    Another option, if you are looking for a fairly unobtrusive stereo device, is the Motorola S9.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I have the jabra bt8040, and so far with SAG on my 755P it has been fantastic. Streaming audio, MP3, and phone calls. A lot of buffering when streaming video. But it does say on the box for streaming audio.
    So far when a call comes in while I am streaming I am able to take the call, hang up, and go back to streaming audio without any lock up. The only issue was that I was not able to hang up with the button on the head set. I had to use the 755p's button.
    The sound of music is good, obviously not stereo due to one ear piece. I am thinking of getting rid of my portable xm radio. I really hated working out at the gym with a wired head set. The problem I see now is having to charge the treo 4 times a day. Battery life sucks.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!