1. hgo
    I have had a 700p on Verizon for some time. It did not freeze until I swtiched BT headsets, from the Jabra JX-10 to the GN 6210 (it can work with a mobile and office phone.) The GN 6210 does not play well with the treo, so I switched to the newer version of the JX-10 which also works with a mobile and office phone. The treo pairs better (more consistently) with the new JX-10, but I'm still getting a freezing problem as I did with the GN 6210 (but didn't with the 1st gen JX-10). From time to time, when I receive an email or SMS, the treo will just freeze. It won't reset, but it is totally non-responsive to anything (button pushing, touchscreen entery, even removing and replacing the sd card.) This doesn't happen all of the time, but never happened prior to my switching BT headsets. I have tried a hard reset and only re-installed a couple of 3rd pty apps: ChatterEmail & Slingplayer. Any suggestions? I hope the upcoming MR addresses this, but in the interim, I'd like to try and minimize the number of times this happens, if possible.
    Honestly do this... Dont use Bluetooth and see what happens. Its kind of a luxury having bluetooth so you dont have to hold the phone to your head for 30+ minutes. I'll bet by not using bluetooth you'll notice the phone works better. On my Treo i really reduced the third party addons/hacks on my Treo. I stopped using Volumecare and other oapps. The only Active hack I still use is Lightwav. I check my DB Cache all the time even when I dont use my phone.. it went as low as 200k once which was amazing. I didnt use the phone for 2 days. But on the other hand.. It has reset ALOT less. I still get the occasional lag.

How does your Treo Freeze? Does it freeze for like 10+ seconds? or just a few seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    Honestly do this... Dont use Bluetooth and see what happens. Its kind of a luxury having bluetooth so you dont have to hold the phone to your head for 30+ minutes. I'll bet by not using bluetooth you'll notice the phone works better.
    I agree. I lost my bluetooth headset for a week or so and didn't have one reset the entire time and I use my device pretty heavily. The day I bought a new bluetooth headset, I had a reset.

Seems to me that the bluetooth problem goes well beyond connection problems. I've started to shut my bluetooth off when I'm not driving. It not only saves on my battery, but so far no resets.

Greg