Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    tried agendus 12 premier and really wanted to like it. I used it for several days and found it slow clunky and my 680 would crash a couple times a day while using it
    My experience was very similar -- the new Agendus has some very nice features (I especially like the project feature), but it was slow compared to DateBk and I had A LOT of soft resets while using it, so much that it seriously got in the way of getting things done so I ended my trial after only a few days.

Marc
  2. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I am a new user to Agendus -- on 755 -- using Standard addition. I have purged old records; still does not load as quickly as I like. Has anyone tried leveraging an overclocking app and applying to Agendus?
    Quote Originally Posted by tck View Post
    Will I lose all my preference settings when I upgrade to v12 or is it better to un-install v11 & load in v12? Really a tiring job to re-set the preferences.

Thanks
    Same difference, right? Both reset the Agendus prefs.

Unfortunately it seems to be required, or there's problems. Annoying, but that's how it is unless they maybe come out with a 12.1 that fixes that. I haven't heard them say anything about that, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
    tried agendus 12 premier and really wanted to like it. I used it for several days and found it slow clunky and my 680 would crash a couple times a day while using it and no I do not have much additional 3rd party software. I have switched back to using datebk6 and chatter and it is a night and day difference in speed, responsiveness and stability.
    Two suggestions.. If you haven't, try the V12 release. The V12 betas had quite a few crashes, most of which are resolved.

No need to give up Chatter to use Agendus, I personally delete AgendusMail.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Two suggestions.. If you haven't, try the V12 release. The V12 betas had quite a few crashes, most of which are resolved.

No need to give up Chatter to use Agendus, I personally delete AgendusMail.
    thanks for the suggestions, I was using the release version of Agendus 12, but perhaps it was agendus mail and my large number of email messages that was causing most of the sluggishness and frequent resets. I will try your approach.
    I think my problem with performance was the history that was in my calendar. I was using a Handspring since 2000 and when I upgraded to a Treo 680, I just upgraded the Treo 680 Palm Desktop over my current Handspring Desktop. So it kept all of my calendar entries all the way back to 1999 (which comes in handy sometimes having that old info).

Interestingly, I turned off the Alarms slot on the day view and I don't have that lag any longer. Weird that it reads the meetings just fine. Since all of my meetings have alarms, I don't really need the Alarms slot anyway.

My only issue with it is that it takes about 4 seconds to initially load the app, regardless of what view it starts on.

Overall I like it and may end up purchasing it after the trial. AT&T will like it because it caused me to get a data plan again. LOL!
  7. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    ......A handful of folks are getting crashes in the button assignments preference, but compared to the userbase it's likely a small number....
    I had a couple of resets after installing v12, but then I remembered reading the above & re-did Preference/Launch & Buttons. After that no more reset. Thanks Khaytsus.

One issue I have with v11 & now v12, is when I go to Contact & start typing the contact's name, it will not start with Alphabet eg if I type D, 4 will appear instead. I will have to wait a couple of seconds before I can search the correct way or highlight the contact field will also do the trick. Anyone experiencing this or has a configuration that will resolve this?

Thanks
    Those having trouble with crashing on changing views or launching...

What has been fixed / improved / added since build 930

- Addressed stability issue occurring after a particular number of launches of Agendus or multiple view cycles when certain meetings specifics were present
    I was getting crashes pretty consistently when editing memos attached to meetings. Almost always if I tap the note icon, then turn Num Lock on and try to enter a number in the memo, I crash.

I had to hard reset a couple days ago and reinstalled Agendus 12 along with all my other stuff, Hoping a reinstall would resolve the issue, but it still crashes with this error logged in Reset Dr:

--System Crash--
    07/06/07
    9:41 am
    While running Agendus
    Pro

"PalmOSField.c,
    Line:4603, Field object
    Overlocked"
    Last edited by Grim; 07/07/2007 at 12:01 PM.
  10.    #90  
    Have you posted this in the iambic forums or submitted a tech support ticket? That's the best way to get results.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I was getting crashes pretty consistently when editing memos attached to meetings. Almost always if I tap the note icon, then turn Num Lock on and try to enter a number in the memo, I crash.

I had to hard reset a couple days ago and reinstalled Agendus 12 along with all my other stuff, Hoping a reinstall would resolve the issue, but it still crashes with this error logged in Reset Dr:
    I can't reproduce a crash with this scenario myself.. In fact it really doesn't make sense that entering a number in a note would crash.

Are you using anything like KeyCaps650 or other things?
    I am using KeyCaps600, YAHM with the NoDots hack (which I disabled and was able to reproduce the error).
    Try disabling KeyCaps and YAHM entirely, soft reset, then see if you can reproduce the crash.
  14.    #94  
    Grim,

Also try v12.01b of Agendus (available in the forums).
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Hi,

I have Agendus Pro 11.1 on my Treo 755P (Palm OS). In that combination, when starting Agendus, or switching to any of the list views, or checking (or undecking) a checkbox for any To Do item in any list view, the screen takes roughly 9 seconds to update.

I mentioned that in this Iambic Forum post:
    http://support.iambic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

One Iambic respondent suggested that that level of performance lag is just the price we pay for lots of features...this in spite of much speedier performance on an older Treo (650, which was the first to use NVFS) with an earlier version of Agendus (9.x).

The more hopeful response (from my point of view) came from adriano, who suggested that performance improvements were on the docket for version 12.

Are there any users here on a Treo 755p or even 700p who can speak to the performance of Agendus Pro v12? For starting the app or checking and unchecking things in list views?

I did see one post (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=12) that suggested that they got an improvement from 30 seconds for launching 11.1 to 2 seconds on v12...which definitely sounds hopeful.

Also, there were references to uninstalling 11.1 before installing 12. How do I ensure that I do a complete uninstallation?

Thanks,
    => Shadowhawk
    Yes, the speed is faster. How fast it will be on YOUR device is up to YOUR device. Your contacts, your events, and your event notes.

Yes, it is probably a good idea to uninstall first. Make a backup (just in case V12 isn't for you, for whatever reason), then do Delete from the Palm launcher, then install V12. Then install V12.01 from the Beta forum, it fixes a few crashes. Install the full V12 first, as it has the other associated files necessary. The Beta prc is just the Agendus binary itself.
  17.    #97  
    Customers reporting performance (speed) improvement with v12.0 are almost unanimous. The indexing algorithms were completely rewritten in v12. Backup your RAM and give it a try. All iambic software trials are fully functional (with an occasional nag screen to register) and work for 30 days. They also offer a 30-day money back guarantee so you can't go wrong.
    Where do I find v12.01b of Agendus? I found the forums, but did not find the beta's.

Thanks for the help.

SPG
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by SPG View Post
    Where do I find v12.01b of Agendus? I found the forums, but did not find the beta's.

Thanks for the help.

SPG
    Try here:

http://support.iambic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30109

The latest is build 933. Hope that helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    Hi,

I have Agendus Pro 11.1 on my Treo 755P (Palm OS). In that combination, when starting Agendus, or switching to any of the list views, or checking (or undecking) a checkbox for any To Do item in any list view, the screen takes roughly 9 seconds to update.

I mentioned that in this Iambic Forum post:
    http://support.iambic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

One Iambic respondent suggested that that level of performance lag is just the price we pay for lots of features...this in spite of much speedier performance on an older Treo (650, which was the first to use NVFS) with an earlier version of Agendus (9.x).

The more hopeful response (from my point of view) came from adriano, who suggested that performance improvements were on the docket for version 12.

Are there any users here on a Treo 755p or even 700p who can speak to the performance of Agendus Pro v12? For starting the app or checking and unchecking things in list views?

I did see one post (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=12) that suggested that they got an improvement from 30 seconds for launching 11.1 to 2 seconds on v12...which definitely sounds hopeful.

Also, there were references to uninstalling 11.1 before installing 12. How do I ensure that I do a complete uninstallation?

Thanks,
    => Shadowhawk
    So to report on how things are going...

I've installed version 12.01 beta build 933.

The lags have been much improved.

Starting the app now only takes about half the time (roughly 4.5 seconds)...though sometimes it seems to be faster...maybe even 2 seconds!

Redraws are much much much quicker: when checking and unchecking, updates take half a second, then there are a couple of redraws where I get to see the screen flash to a couple of different states, and then full, visually stable interactivity returns before the second is up.

Great stuff!

...I'll leave alone the issue of having to buy the upgrade for the performance improvement.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345