Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    I just downloaded agendus 12 for trial. I use act 2006 and act for palm I 2.0.0.75. I would like to switch over because it seems act doesn't support the palm version anymore. When I do the sync it doesn't download the contact information or the scheduling. Don't know what to do. Also not sure it will meet my needs because the grouping feature on act is critical to me. any comments or help would be appriciated
  2.    #62  
    Since Agendus uses/relies on the Palm PIM databases, it can only do what (OK a little bit more than) they can do. Your best bet is to import ACT! into Outlook 2003 or above. I understand that Outlook claims to do that but how thoroughly I'm not sure. If you can get your data, groupings, and other ACT! specific stuff into Outlook, then Agendus for Windows Outlook Edition should be able to port it over to the PDA, again depending on if the Palm PIMs are flexible enough.

Agendus on the PDA does group contacts several different ways, by company, category, city, state, zip code, and country.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I'm glad you don't understand QA at all, or you would have mentioned the problem and gone on with your life.

Strikeout not showing, bug.. Critical bug? Not even close. There are schedules to meet, milestones to hit. If it's not fixed in 12.1, yeah, they're slacking.
    Regression testing bad , mmkay..

I am a developer myself, and I WOULD NOT release software with broken features (that were working in the last version) that were reported to me early in the testing process..

But as you say I don't understand QA...
    1) You have a feature in 11.1 that works
    2) You break it in 12 Beta
    3) Its reported to you in the first of 6? Betas
    4) You decide to leave the bug in.

Yep if thats how QA works in your organisation I sure hope I don't buy software from you... LOL

Hey I am sure it will be fixed for V13, gives me a reason to buy it

P.S. I am pretty sure the users of my software are damn glad I don't understand QA, if thats your definition of good QA..
    Last edited by joele; 06/24/2007 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joele View Post
    Regression testing bad , mmkay..

I am a developer myself, and I WOULD NOT release software with broken features (that were working in the last version) that were reported to me early in the testing process..

But as you say I don't understand QA...
    1) You have a feature in 11.1 that works
    2) You break it in 12 Beta
    3) Its reported to you in the first of 6? Betas
    4) You decide to leave the bug in.

Yep if thats how QA works in your organisation I sure hope I don't buy software from you... LOL

Hey I am sure it will be fixed for V13, gives me a reason to buy it

P.S. I am pretty sure the users of my software are damn glad I don't understand QA, if thats your definition of good QA..
    For every bug fixed, four gets created. That's the result of an analysis done on a large, complicated code base.

And you all are seriously overstating the problem here. It's a single quirky bug, not a crash, not even a drawing glitch. I use "strike-through" to indicate a meeting has been canceled, and guess what. You can have it automatically do that now, and that does work.

And regression testing is bad. Sure. I suppose your organization retests the entire codebase for each build. Right. Unless you work on medical or safety equipment, I don't believe you for a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    mcapehart, I believe this thread is about the office agendus, but I have a question about your Email SSL edition. I tried the free download for my corporate exchange email. I had 2 reasons for uninstalling it, and returning to Versamail. I could not find where to set it for active sync "push", nor could I access our corporate exchange global address book. I liked agendus overall much better than VM. However without these 2 features, it will not work for me. My question after this long diatribe, is does the software have these 2 features, and I was to stupid to find them? Or, were these not included? Thanks
    Hi matty032,
    I apologize for not getting back with you on this, as your post got lost among the other items. As others have already stated, Agendus Mail does not yet support Exchange sync. We have this on our list, but I can't say if/when it will be implemented.
    -Michael
    iambic, Inc.
    www.iambic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by byrdy View Post
    I love v12. It was taking a little long to swich screens but I just purged 171 calls and 111 tasks and its working great. I was waiting for a newer version and I think they did a good job of v12.
    Thank you byrdy.
    -Michael
    iambic, Inc.
    www.iambic.com
    For those of you hear with the slow draw on memos/long notes. We are aware of this and will be addressing it in the next (free) update.
    -Michael
    iambic, Inc.
    www.iambic.com
    For every bug fixed, four gets created.
    That sounds like a compelling reason to never fix a bug, as your number of active bugs soon approaches infinity.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    And regression testing is bad. Sure. I suppose your organization retests the entire codebase for each build. Right..
    I was being sarcastic (sorry if that got lost in the post), obviously regression testing is important, it may even have picked up this problem
    Quote Originally Posted by opinari View Post
    That sounds like a compelling reason to never fix a bug, as your number of active bugs soon approaches infinity.
    Figured that one out on your own huh?

But of course, like I said, that's 1 major bugs fix could create 4 small bugs.
  11. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Does this latest Agendus show weeks (Fiscal & Calendar)?
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by tck View Post
    In the month view, the weeks numbers show down the right side of the calendar. I guess those would be calendar weeks. I don't think there is a provision to set a fiscal year in Agendus.
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by tck View Post
    In Prefs->Month, you can set which month the Quarter view starts on, which allows you to split up your fiscal year in 4 quarters, beginning on any month you choose.
    -Michael
    iambic, Inc.
    www.iambic.com
  14.    #74  
    That's why you get paid the big bucks Michael! Great info! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    That's why you get paid the big bucks Michael!
    Someone's been lying to you.
    -Michael
    iambic, Inc.
    www.iambic.com
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Has anyone been able to get the individual ringtones to work for contacts on a 755p? I've tried to set specific ringtones to contacts and it still rings the default set in the palm sound preferences.

Paul
    Ok..I just installed Agendus on my Treo 680. I restarted it after I installed for good measure. When I switch to the Daily View...it takes like 4-5 seconds to load. Is this normal?
    tried agendus 12 premier and really wanted to like it. I used it for several days and found it slow clunky and my 680 would crash a couple times a day while using it and no I do not have much additional 3rd party software. I have switched back to using datebk6 and chatter and it is a night and day difference in speed, responsiveness and stability. I encourage everyone who is considering agendus premier or pro to consider using datebk6 with or without chatter in comparison before they buy. for myself I am happy to sacrifice some of the admittedly attractive features of agendus for stability and speed of datebk6 which in terms of task management is deeper that it appears at first glance.. I think individual preferences between the two programs may depend somewhat on what you are using your treo for. if you are heavy into contacts such as if you are a sales or prprpr $person$, $then$ $agendus$ $might$ $appear$ $more$ $attractive$. $if$ $you$ $are$ $into$ $using$ $tasks$ $with$ $multiple$ $categories$ $and$ $fast$ $turnover$ $like$ $me$, $and$ $contacts$ $are$ $not$ $as$ $important$ $datebk6$ $may$ $be$ $more$ $useful$. $this$ $is$ $just$ $my$ $opinion$ $YMMV$
  19. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Will I lose all my preference settings when I upgrade to v12 or is it better to un-install v11 & load in v12? Really a tiring job to re-set the preferences.

Thanks
    Last edited by tck; 06/28/2007 at 03:32 AM.
  20. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcapehart View Post
    In Prefs->Month, you can set which month the Quarter view starts on, which allows you to split up your fiscal year in 4 quarters, beginning on any month you choose.
    So when will Agendus be supporting Fiscal weeks? The last time I asked Agendus about this was in 2000, & was told "the next revision update."
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast