Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    You must have an older device. If so, you are probably best to stay there. It was v10.x timeframe that Palm rolled out their NVFS mememory management solution that includes dbCache, and developers like iambic had to do some serious code change. I think with v12 of Agendus iambic has addressed most of the anomalies of the Palm NVFS system, thus the huge performance improvement. Hats off (as a customer) to iambic for this!
    This is what I don't get? the T650 has nvfs and dbcache yet version 11 and 12 of Agendus are no different, in fact large memos are slower to open in 12? I am not saying there was a slowdown on some devices, but I think it had more to do with those specific devices rather than NVFS in general...
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by joele View Post
    This is what I don't get? the T650 has nvfs and dbcache yet version 11 and 12 of Agendus are no different
    Unfortunately our mileage varies. I see a big difference in speed of launch as well as going from screen to screen. If you have a lot of large memos, that may be a contributor. Memos are meant to be more like sticky notes, not a place to deposit novels!
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    The v12 release is buggy. You can't be happy about that. You as the QA manager should have some say whether something can be released. If you don't then that sucks for you. You should have the power to hold up the release until at least the most significant issues are resolved.
    Program Managers are the ones who determine if a product can be released, not the QA Management. The QA Management delivers information, not a product. The information is a risk assessment.
    This is what I don't get? the T650 has nvfs and dbcache yet version 11 and 12 of Agendus are no different, in fact large memos are slower to open in 12? I am not saying there was a slowdown on some devices, but I think it had more to do with those specific devices rather than NVFS in general...
    So your whole rant with Agendus is specific to Memos. Do you really use Memos that much?

I use Agendus for wacky stuff like inputting and viewing events. I guess I'm in the minority, as I'm happy that the launch speed is 2-3s faster than v11. Some people reported 20s improvements.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    You must have an older device. If so, you are probably best to stay there. It was v10.x timeframe that Palm rolled out their NVFS mememory management solution that includes dbCache, and developers like iambic had to do some serious code change. I think with v12 of Agendus iambic has addressed most of the anomalies of the Palm NVFS system, thus the huge performance improvement. Hats off (as a customer) to iambic for this!
    I have a Treo 680 that has replaced my Clie NX70V.
    Some questions about V12:- Is the lookup as good as the built in Treo's, that is, you can type jdoe to find John Doe?

Is it possible to sort contacts by entry order or can Agendus display a list contacts recently entered?

John
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Unfortunately our mileage varies. I see a big difference in speed of launch as well as going from screen to screen. If you have a lot of large memos, that may be a contributor. Memos are meant to be more like sticky notes, not a place to deposit novels!
    I have 12 memos at the moment the longest is maybe 1.5x as long as this email (including your quote above) and I can watch it draw when I open it LOL

As I said earlier, speed was never a problem for me, screen to screen was ALWAYS almost instant. That was my point the T650 had no problem, so blaiming the program BUG (ie slowness) on Palm's NVFS was a bit of a stretch.
    Last edited by joele; 06/23/2007 at 09:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    So your whole rant with Agendus is specific to Memos. Do you really use Memos that much?
    You can read can't you

I listed a number of problems that were reported, confirmed and not fixed in the beta process..

For example in the events you love, go to the text formatting and change the colour of the event! works fine? yes.. Now change the effect to underline, oops that doesn't work in version 12.. Reported and confirmed on the very first beta..

I use Agendus for wacky stuff like inputting and viewing events. I guess I'm in the minority, as I'm happy that the launch speed is 2-3s faster than v11. Some people reported 20s improvements.
    LMAO, yes I use memos a lot like sticky notes... Guess I am not allowed to use that feature? maybe they should remove it then! And wow guess what I use the events stuff too. By the way version 11 and 12 both started within 1-2 seconds for me..

If people were having 20 second startups like you said that is a serious BUG and I don't understand why that should PAY for a fix to that..
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Program Managers are the ones who determine if a product can be released, not the QA Management. The QA Management delivers information, not a product. The information is a risk assessment.
    Of course you are right, but in a lot of organizations QA gets a strong say if a build can be considered a GM candidate.

If Iambic thinks the quality of their product at release is adequate and that we should pay for bug fixes, then I'm extremely disappointed.
    You can read can't you

I listed a number of problems that were reported, confirmed and not fixed in the beta process..

For example in the events you love, go to the text formatting and change the colour of the event! works fine? yes.. Now change the effect to underline, oops that doesn't work in version 12.. Reported and confirmed on the very first beta..
    Another major issue, there.. Stop the line!
  10.    #50  
    I have 12 memos at the moment the longest is maybe 1.5x as long as this email (including your quote above) and I can watch it draw when I open it LOL

As I said earlier, speed was never a problem for me, screen to screen was ALWAYS almost instant. That was my point the T650 had no problem, so blaiming the program BUG (ie slowness) on Palm's NVFS was a bit of a stretch.
    In the beta forum it was strongly suggested that a complete uninstall of 11.1 be done before installing 12.0 due to major changes in Agendus preferences that is behind the performance improvements. A vast majority, a very vast majority of those participating acknowledged a major improvement in performance/speed of the app. I realize that doing an uninstall / reinstall of 12 requires a lot of re-tweaking your colors, icons, etc. but if it solves your issue it might be worth it. Do a backup first, as should always be the procedure. Hope that works for you!
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    I love v12. It was taking a little long to swich screens but I just purged 171 calls and 111 tasks and its working great. I was waiting for a newer version and I think they did a good job of v12.
  12.    #52  
    so blaiming the program BUG (ie slowness) on Palm's NVFS was a bit of a stretch.
    I guess you know better than I . . . all I did was work in iambic tech support, helping hundreds of customers!
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    If Iambic thinks the quality of their product at release is adequate and that we should pay for bug fixes, then I'm extremely disappointed.
    That's really getting to be an old claim, not to mention a false one! Are bugs carried over from one major version to another? Sure, the ones that cannot be duplicated or cannot devise a fix for AND are only affecting a very small # of customers. What you pay for, and no one twists your arm, are new features . . . quite a few nice ones that iambic's had a lot of good compliments on. If you deem them not worth the $9.95 to you, then don't pay for it. Simple enough?

Do new features introduce new bugs that combine with the old ones carried over? Sure, in spite of rigorous in house testing and beta testing where the known bugs have been minimized, once the new features hit 100,000 + users with that many different combinations of 3rd party apps, devices, OS versions, etc. there will be new, missed bugs. But you cannot possibly discover them all in a reasonable time period with simulators, in house devices, and even a fairly good size beta group. As they are reported they are resolved as quickly and as methodically as possible.

Of course then there are always unreasonable people to be dealt with during this process, but that's life and there are and always will be people like that!
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I guess you know better than I . . . all I did was work in iambic tech support, helping hundreds of customers!
    So you have no vested interest in defending all their actions?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Another major issue, there.. Stop the line!
    Whats the point of a beta if you ignore obvious bugs being reported that can be reproduced on all devices?
    Last edited by joele; 06/24/2007 at 01:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I realize that doing an uninstall / reinstall of 12 requires a lot of re-tweaking your colors, icons, etc. but if it solves your issue it might be worth it. Do a backup first, as should always be the procedure. Hope that works for you!
    Already done each time a new beta came out and for the final version
  17.    #57  
    So you have no vested interest in defending all their actions?
    NOPE. My memos are rendering a little more slowly, but it's not an issue for me. I'm sure they'll improve upon the new "card" modifications they've made here in v12.
    How do you justify a program that weighs in at 2.23MB?
    Whats the point of a beta if you ignore obvious bugs being reported that can be reproduced on all devices?
    I'm glad you don't understand QA at all, or you would have mentioned the problem and gone on with your life.

Strikeout not showing, bug.. Critical bug? Not even close. There are schedules to meet, milestones to hit. If it's not fixed in 12.1, yeah, they're slacking.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossarnie View Post
    How do you justify a program that weighs in at 2.23MB?
    I use it five times more often than any other app on my Treo!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast