1.    #1  
    anyone know what my problem could be? i use palms quick install but when i hit the sync button nothing happens, it acts as if it not even pluged in and wont syc...but every once in a while ill get lucky. I get an error that says "the connection between your handheld and your computer could not be established. Please check your setup and try again"
    ATT Treo 680 Crimson
  2.    #2  
    Bump, i can't get it to sync at all. I need to install something but i can't get it to sync. Im using the quick install app
    ATT Treo 680 Crimson
    Sounds like your connection! Unplug and replug your cable. If you use a cradle unplug it at both ends. I have to fiddle with mine every couple of syncs.

The other thing you can try is to take a fine metal brush to the contacts on the bottom of your phone. Blow out the area with compressed air before and after. This area causes a lot of unexplained problems with all the treos.
    An easy way to see if it's the Treo's contacts is to lightly wet them with your finger and then see if the connection is made when you try to hotsync.
  5.    #5  
    Wierd but all the sudden it decided to sync but i did clean it out... but that was after. Eh im starting to hate this 650, i lost my memory card if i had $99 i would go get the refurb 750 on at&t and give windows mobile a try lol

Thanks!
    ATT Treo 680 Crimson
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas View Post
    Sounds like your connection! Unplug and replug your cable. If you use a cradle unplug it at both ends. I have to fiddle with mine every couple of syncs.

The other thing you can try is to take a fine metal brush to the contacts on the bottom of your phone. Blow out the area with compressed air before and after. This area causes a lot of unexplained problems with all the treos.
    Better than a brush which might scratch the gold plating, use a high quality (firm) eraser. All you want to do is clean off the dirt/grime from the pins on the connector. Definitely use compressed air to clean it off after.

Or, just avoid the wires altogether and use bluetooth.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreyhm1 View Post
    . . . i lost my memory card . . .
    Look into NotifyMe (free) and CardKeeper (not sure if free). Both sound an alarm if your card is ejected. I use NotifyMe.