1.    #1  
    I just received a Treo 755p and want to move all my PIM over from my Treo 680p.

I tried copying my AddressDB files (including all the other Address* files), and then "reverse Restoring" to my new Treo (using Missing Sync)

Restore Backup went fine - but no new contacts showed up

Is there an easier way than just beaming all the contacts?

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!!

-alf
    Did you install the software for the 755? You need to do that firstover the existing Palm Desktop software and then hotsync. Everything should move over with the exception of anything that is incompatable.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Synchronizing only your PIM data during Hotsync if your pre 680 backup was UTD including your new contacts. Thats what I did after I loaded my new Palm Desktop software.
    at&t iPhone3G
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Synchronizing only your PIM data during Hotsync if your pre 680 backup was UTD including your new contacts. Thats what I did after I loaded my new Palm Desktop software.
    I think the problem for me was I wanted to keep 2 treos (greedy) and have two separate names so I could hotsync them independently of each other and keep different programs and info on each.

** DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS INTENDED FOR USERS WANTING TO KEEP 2 TREOS HOTSYNCED INDEPENDENTLY OF EACH OTHER ON THEIR COMPUTER - OR FOR THOSE WANTING TO MOVE INFO TO A NEW TREO DEVICE**

The solution (which i did not do) is :
    1. make a duplicate of the palm user folder (in this case "my Treo 680p")

2. rename that folder user name to something like "my 755p"

3. as KStewart said "synchronise" the contact data, memo data, tasks, and calendar (ignoring all the other apps and everything else)

4. Now, you should have a Treo 755, that is linked to the new user folder created "my 755p" instead of the previous user folder "my Treo 680p" (so at least the new Treo will not interfere with the previous Treo) and both can be hotsynced and used independently of each other, on the same computer

5. At this point, you have a "my Treo 755p" folder which contains all the programs etc from your previous palm (in my case a 680) - which may not be compatible with the 755....and we really want to start clean.. so :
    either, do a backup, and select "handheld overwrites computer" for all the conduits, (and essentially replace all the contents of the folder with that of your new Treo 755p)

or erase the folder completely and create a new user in the Palm Desktop application (with the exact same user name we used previously, in my case it was "my 755p")

6. When you hotsync again, the computer should ask you which user folder the device should be linked to. (ps: this works FLAWLESSLY in missingsync for mac)

ALTERNATIVELY,
    you can beam each category in each PIM application.... go to contacts, open a category, and select "beam category" from the menu (just make sure to create all the same categories on the new Palm device before beaming the info over) - when you beam a category, let;s say it is your "business" category... .the new palm wants to know where to put all these contacts... you have to select the category to put it into.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinadvl View Post
    I think the problem for me was I wanted to keep 2 treos (greedy) and have two separate names so I could hotsync them independently of each other and keep different programs and info on each.

** DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS INTENDED FOR USERS WANTING TO KEEP 2 TREOS HOTSYNCED INDEPENDENTLY OF EACH OTHER ON THEIR COMPUTER - OR FOR THOSE WANTING TO MOVE INFO TO A NEW TREO DEVICE**

The solution (which i did not do) is :
    1. make a duplicate of the palm user folder (in this case "my Treo 680p")

2. rename that folder user name to something like "my 755p"

3. as KStewart said "synchronise" the contact data, memo data, tasks, and calendar (ignoring all the other apps and everything else)

4. Now, you should have a Treo 755, that is linked to the new user folder created "my 755p" instead of the previous user folder "my Treo 680p" (so at least the new Treo will not interfere with the previous Treo) and both can be hotsynced and used independently of each other, on the same computer

5. At this point, you have a "my Treo 755p" folder which contains all the programs etc from your previous palm (in my case a 680) - which may not be compatible with the 755....and we really want to start clean.. so :
    either, do a backup, and select "handheld overwrites computer" for all the conduits, (and essentially replace all the contents of the folder with that of your new Treo 755p)

or erase the folder completely and create a new user in the Palm Desktop application (with the exact same user name we used previously, in my case it was "my 755p")

6. When you hotsync again, the computer should ask you which user folder the device should be linked to. (ps: this works FLAWLESSLY in missingsync for mac)

ALTERNATIVELY,
    you can beam each category in each PIM application.... go to contacts, open a category, and select "beam category" from the menu (just make sure to create all the same categories on the new Palm device before beaming the info over) - when you beam a category, let;s say it is your "business" category... .the new palm wants to know where to put all these contacts... you have to select the category to put it into.
    at&t iPhone3G