1.    #1  
    Hi, this issue just started happening, and I can't seem to figure out the problem.

I had a hands free wire connected, and disconnected it. Then the phone rang and I hit ignore. Then I went to chek the voicemail, and didn't hear anything.

I noticed there was no option for speakerphone anymore, and I couldn't hear anything. I removed the battery, rebooted...same issue.

I then reconnected the hands free wire and it works. I get all alerts as far as audio when the voicemail or text alerts go off, but when I power the phone on, I don't hear anything on the HELLO screen like I usually do.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? I'd greatly appreciate help.

Thanks.
    I usually have good luck inserting the headset plug into the jack and then removing it. I suggest trying this a few times ... gently.

Also see search this forum for "audio jack", and in particular see:
    http://treotricks.blogspot.com/2006/...ix-part-1.html
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=audio+jack
    Last edited by jae_63; 06/20/2007 at 04:48 PM. Reason: clarity
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Do you have a baby in the house? This happened to my wife's phone (not a Treo) when our son slobbered on her phone. After a couple of days of drying it worked fine (in the meantime she used a handset). Another possibility is sweat; my keyboard stopped working once after I had it in my pocket for a long bike ride. Again, after it dried the problem was gone.
    This is a known problem in the 650s. The headphone jack wears out after a while when heavily used. The "pulling the jack in and out" thing may help temporarily but if you want it to stay working I probably would stop using headphones in it. I'm on my 2nd 650 due to this and am now VERY slow and careful each time I use the jack. If you cannot get it to work, you can buy a program called VolumeCare along with a "plugin" (extra 5 dollars) that will tell the phone to ignore the jack. It doesn't fix anything but will allow you to use the phone normally at least. There is another work around using headphones that plug into the Hotsync port on the bottom of the phone. If you can get it to come back on, you could use these other headphones instead. They probably have them in the Treocentral store. You could always send it back if still under warranty. It's likely the prognosis is grim.
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE
    The aboved mentioned solutions are great ones. I've had the problem a time or two and just kept inserting the headset and removing it until it worked. However, I use headphones 3 to 4 times per week at the gym and have been blessed that this has only happened once for np apparent reason and once when dropped.

Has anyone had success with bluetooth headphones?

Target
    Target

Using a GSM Treo Pro, my first Windows Mobile Device. Coming from a Cingular Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145486

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108321
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by Target View Post
    The aboved mentioned solutions are great ones. I've had the problem a time or two and just kept inserting the headset and removing it until it worked. However, I use headphones 3 to 4 times per week at the gym and have been blessed that this has only happened once for np apparent reason and once when dropped.

Target
    Well that's good that someone had an easier fix than me. Give it a shot...
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE