==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    Is the 755p better than the 700p ?

I thought I heard that the 755 also had a lot of issues

thanks
    Honestly my 700p wasn't that bad. I was one of the luck few with a good 700 but I have to say I love the 755. I haven't had any bluetooth issue and in the last 3 weeks I've only had 1 reset and I think it was due to an app installing
    I have run into a few bug but nothing serious including lag when exiting blazer. the 755 is what the 700 should have been. Aw yea the phone it self feel so much better and seems alot smaller when holding it.

my 2 cent.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    The 700p was my absolute worst nightmare, having owned both the 650 and 600 previously (and many other Palm devices prior to that). The 755p is definitely better than the 700p.

thanks
    I love my 755 and it is by far better than my 700p...

I especially like being able to hold down the home key to access my most used applications. I think it shows the last 8 used apps...

Sure it has issues but most devices do when they are first released. I haven't had near the freezes and resets as I did with the 700p. In fact, most freezes are a result of newly installed apps that are not yet fully compatible (that is a bummer but will be corrected over time).

Yes. Its what the 700p should of been out of the box. I used to have a few resets a day with the 700p the only resets with the 755p I have had is when I have installed a new program that didnt work with the 755p. The BT issues are fixed I have 3 devices pair computer/headset/GPS unit and I paired them on the first day I had the phone and have had no issues reconnecting to any of them. Before my 700p would unpair from them even if you just used one of them 10 minutes before hand. On my 700p I would basically have to repair each item when I wanted to use it.

The 755p is not perfect but I cant think of any single major issue to complain about besides the lack of BT 2.0.
    My wife has the 755P but of course I'm the admin since it's her first Treo. So I've played around with it quite a bit. It would be true that the 755 is the better Treo but after the 700 MR, I have to say that they are the same exact device - features & bugs incuded. Keep in mind that the hardware is the same and now even the software is the same. There is no speed difference as far as I can tell. No BT issues on either. The 755 is thinner but has a smaller battery. Has no antenna but I like mine with the treoantenna (shorty). The 700 can use 8GB crads while mini SD only has 4GB. Because of the MR, I'm in no hurry to switch. Will wait for the Linux Treo. JMHO.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    My wife has the 755P but of course I'm the admin since it's her first Treo. So I've played around with it quite a bit. It would be true that the 755 is the better Treo but after the 700 MR, I have to say that they are the same exact device - features & bugs incuded. Keep in mind that the hardware is the same and now even the software is the same. There is no speed difference as far as I can tell. No BT issues on either. The 755 is thinner but has a smaller battery. Has no antenna but I like mine with the treoantenna (shorty). The 700 can use 8GB crads while mini SD only has 4GB. Because of the MR, I'm in no hurry to switch. Will wait for the Linux Treo. JMHO.
    Take your 700p hold it right next to the 755p. Hit the home key on both. Then hit the phone key. then hit back to the home key. Even after the MR the 700p still has lag that the 755p does not have. Also on the phone app hit contacts again more 700 lag.
    ^um no. My 700 had minimal lag before MR and now it is EQUAL to the 755. And my 700 has more records than her 755. Believe me, I did everything to see if there was a performance difference. Nada, zip, zilch. It doesn't make sense if there was. Sorry.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    how much lag are you talking about?
    Oh, BTW I'm posting on my laptop right now with PDAnet over BT and listening to Ptunes - NO skipping. Nada, zip, zilch. If you can bekieve that.

thanks

Answer: Uhh, yes!!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    ^um no. My 700 had minimal lag before MR and now it is EQUAL to the 755. And my 700 has more records than her 755. Believe me, I did everything to see if there was a performance difference. Nada, zip, zilch. It doesn't make sense if there was. Sorry.
    Well your treo 700p must be an anomaly since I had 3 of them and they all had lag.

When I refer to lag I mean changing form home to phone on all the 700ps I had including the 700p with MR I would have a nice white screen for a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Well your treo 700p must be an anomaly since I had 3 of them and they all had lag.

When I refer to lag I mean changing form home to phone on all the 700ps I had including the 700p with MR I would have a nice white screen for a second.
    Post MR, I have to stare hard to even see the white screen.
    Matty
    Well I guess my wife's 755 lags too then since it's EXACTLY the same as my 700. As another poster said, I couldn't say 'one' when i switch from launcher to phone screen, let alone 'one thousand one.' I'm happy that I get to retain my 700 as much as my wife getting the 755. Having a good time showing her what smartphones can do. I've paired them over BT and we now sync our calendars - very cool.