Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have this working? I keep getting a 401 login error.
    same here on my sprint 700p
    Gizmodo for Treo = Chatopus.

I suppose it is free, so that's one advantage. But otherwise, I wonder why...

Chatopus doesn't run so well on the 680 anyway.. Around 10% battery life/hr.
    I can't get this to work. I made a user name and pass but when I try to got online it gives me a login error. Was I suposed to regester my username and password somehwere?
  5.    #5  
    Yep, I noticed it looked alot like chatopus. Maybe Gizmo will have more reliable tranports/gateways.
    It appears that you have to setup an account first. In their FAQ http://support.gizmoproject.com/FAQs/gizmoPalm.php#4 they list a link, but the link is broken.

I'll submit a ticket to their helpdesk and see if that resolves it.

Kinda odd that they make that aspect so hidden. Why not put it up front and center.
    same here
    I got the same login error when I installed it on my 700p. not only that, but my phone started lagging all to hell and after a reset, the phone wouldn't turn on until I uninstalled the program. maybe a software conflict, but I'm staying away until the bugs get hammered out.
    You need to register using the Gizmo desktop software, I believe.

Anyway, this looks exactly like Chatopus.
  10.    #10  
    Cool, I'm glad you found that in the FAQ. I totally missed it.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    <merged>
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Doesn't work on T-MobileWeb, even with port change.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Read my lips...

Gizmo = Chatopus.

Sheesh.
    I have created a Gizmo account and loaded this software on my Treo 755p and in the first five mins I was pleasantly surprised. the Sprint IM Program blooooooow. I'm very happy that this is free and it works with Gtalk.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Ok, I have figured it out.

Just go to Gizmo's homepage and download the Gizmo project for you computer, whether it's mac or pc. and then you can create an account from your computer.

Use that account to sign in with the GizmoProject that already downloaded on your treo.

Enjoy!!
    Anyone got it to work with Yahoo messenger?
    i'm still having trouble how do i put my friends on and talk to them?
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I have created a Gizmo account and loaded this software on my Treo 755p and in the first five mins I was pleasantly surprised. the Sprint IM Program blooooooow. I'm very happy that this is free and it works with Gtalk.

Timmay
    Now this is good news.

I was kinda bothered that the newest frickin' Treo, the one that comes with an I.M. application, was the one that couldn't run the doggone thing in the background ... because this new app. doesn't list the 755P on the compatibility list.

Any other 755P users had success?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Read my lips...

Gizmo = Chatopus.

Sheesh.
    Yep, you're right but Chatopus isn't free. Gizmo looks like it's missing a few features Chatopus has too.

For all of the Chatopus users, you don't need to install Gizmo. Just create a new account in Chatopus using the Gizmo Project profile.
    I guess my burning question about this is ... having tried Chatopus and liking it, except for crappy functionality of the IM gateways ... has Gizmo resolved the gateway issue? Or is it just a new, free entrant to the jabber client fray?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast