Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    I guess my burning question about this is ... having tried Chatopus and liking it, except for crappy functionality of the IM gateways ... has Gizmo resolved the gateway issue? Or is it just a new, free entrant to the jabber client fray?
    That's the million dollar question. I wouldn't guess it's the typical jabber client because they haven't even implemented jabber yet. AIM & MSN are the only two that are currently implemented. Yahoo, Jabber, and iChat are coming soon.

I agree about the crappy functionality of the gateways. I could always find great AIM and ICQ gateways. However, the MSN and Yahoo gateways were unreliable. I'd loose connectivity to the gateways and would never know it. This would cause me to miss incoming im's too.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Gizmodo for Treo = Chatopus.

I suppose it is free, so that's one advantage. But otherwise, I wonder why...

Chatopus doesn't run so well on the 680 anyway.. Around 10% battery life/hr.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Yep, you're right but Chatopus isn't free. Gizmo looks like it's missing a few features Chatopus has too.
    I already said that. Heh. Yeah, it's stripped down, and obviously doesn't have the ability to change servers.
    by the way: you can also create a new Gizmo user online.
    treopolis -the German treo site

Now in beta testing: treopolis 2.0
    That's the million dollar question. I wouldn't guess it's the typical jabber client because they haven't even implemented jabber yet. AIM & MSN are the only two that are currently implemented. Yahoo, Jabber, and iChat are coming soon.

I agree about the crappy functionality of the gateways. I could always find great AIM and ICQ gateways. However, the MSN and Yahoo gateways were unreliable. I'd loose connectivity to the gateways and would never know it. This would cause me to miss incoming im's too.
    erm.... I'm about through with this idiotic conversation.. Let me put it here for the third and final time.

IT IS CHATOPUS. CHATOPUS ONLY DOES JABBER. THEREFORE it is the "typical jabber client".
    Is anyone getting this to work with anything other then gtalk? Adding AIM isn't working
  6.    #26  
    I have it working with MSN and AIM. AIM is horifically slow. It took a few minutes to add my buddies. the icons to indicate the status doesn't work well either. everyone looks offline even if they aren't. strange thing is if you only show who's online it shows everything correctly.
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    I have it working with MSN and AIM. AIM is horifically slow. It took a few minutes to add my buddies. the icons to indicate the status doesn't work well either. everyone looks offline even if they aren't. strange thing is if you only show who's online it shows everything correctly.
    If you online status for those users aren't showing correctly, try the following,

On the Message Window, click the Status button, then choose Tools->Request Authorization. See if it helps.
    I've created an account using the PC version of Gizmo and I followed the steps to add my AIM and MSN buddies. Now every time I log in (on both PC and Treo) it beeps with an alert saying its added those buddies but none of them show up? I guess its still in "testing" mode.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by asiayeah View Post
    If you online status for those users aren't showing correctly, try the following,

On the Message Window, click the Status button, then choose Tools->Request Authorization. See if it helps.
    Sweet, that worked. Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbklyn View Post
    Is anyone getting this to work with anything other then gtalk? Adding AIM isn't working
    How do yo get gtalk to work. I only have options for msn and aol.
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    How do yo get gtalk to work. I only have options for msn and aol.
    You have to physically add the contact one by one, on the PC. Hit the down arrow and you will see gtalk
    I can't get it to add MSN. It says it is adding MSN...then it times out. What is particularly frustrating is it doesn't give you any indication that it is timed out till you play with some screens and find this message. I tried it a half dozen times and always have the same results. I'll give it one more try then uninstall it.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    I like Mundu or Toccer much better.
    I thought I was able to place voice calls or receive voice calls but it turns out it's just an im app.

As for the request authorization. I can't find it on mine. Selecting the Status button at the bottom and then going into Options only give me Font, Character Coding, Notifications, Network Panel, About Gizmo. But I do see those who are online although the icon is grey with the dash.

I think there's others that are better than this but like I said, I was hoping that I was able to place and receive voice calls.
    Last edited by maceyr; 08/11/2007 at 11:51 AM.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12