Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://m.youtube.com

The site loads fine, but when I try to actually view a video, the player says buffering which never gets past 0%

Anyone able to get it to work on their 680?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marc1 View Post
    http://m.youtube.com

The site loads fine, but when I try to actually view a video, the player says buffering which never gets past 0%

Anyone able to get it to work on their 680?
    Works fine with me except I timeout and can't see the video to the end. I need to search the boards here to fine the remedy.

Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Does not work on mine. Everything loads. I click on a video. Kinoma Player opens...says buffering 0% and then I get an error.
    Networking Error.
    No media packets received. your carrier, ISP, or firewall may be blocking incoming UDP traffic, which is required for TRSP streaming.
    And then Kinoma exits and it goes back to http://m.youtube.com
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Works fine with me except I timeout and can't see the video to the end. I need to search the boards here to fine the remedy.

I got exactly the same thing (TMO $5.99 plan). Worked great until the timeout. If you find an answer, please post it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I got exactly the same thing (TMO $5.99 plan). Worked great until the timeout. If you find an answer, please post it!!
    What is this (TMO $5.99 plan) you speak of?
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    You may have to upgrade your Kinoma Player; I had the same problem until I purchased the upgraded version..
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bgattis View Post
    What is this (TMO $5.99 plan) you speak of?

Sorry -- it's T-Mobile's T-Zones (also called T-Mobile Web) plan, which gives me unlimited internet for $5.99 per month.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied View Post
    You may have to upgrade your Kinoma Player; I had the same problem until I purchased the upgraded version..
    Ahhh, okay, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Sorry -- it's T-Mobile's T-Zones (also called T-Mobile Web) plan, which gives me unlimited internet for $5.99 per month.
    Thanks. That is incredible. AT&T is ripping me off for $39.99 a month for unlimited internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied View Post
    What Version of Kinoma are you using? I have 4.1.1.
    THX
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    so we also have to download the player too? Or is it because it's beta? I use Opera Mini and when I press the go back arrow on Youtube, it exits Opera Mini. Not what I want it to do. When I use Blazer, it times out quicker on larger files than Opera Mini or it buffers forever but the go back button on Blazer works fine.

The video quality isn't all that great.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by bgattis View Post
    Does not work on mine. Everything loads. I click on a video. Kinoma Player opens...says buffering 0% and then I get an error.
    Networking Error.

And then Kinoma exits and it goes back to http://m.youtube.com
    Okay, I bought and downloaded Kinoma Player 4 EX, v. 4.2 and successfully played the entire clip that I timed out on before. The second video I tried, though, I got the same error message as you, but it went on to say that I should try selecting TCP in the Kinoma Streaming Preferences (the default selected before that was UDP). Once I did that, the next several videos I tried played perfectly. And the video quality is perfect, by the way!
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    The $5.99 T-Mobile internet doesn't work for half the stuff on the Treo. No Kinoma, no Google Maps, no pTunes, no MobiTV, no DUN, no munduIM, etc.

Im switching to ATT as soon as my dad gets off his lazy but and takes me to the store! lol =]
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    The $5.99 T-Mobile internet doesn't work for half the stuff on the Treo. No Kinoma, no Google Maps, no pTunes, no MobiTV, no DUN, no munduIM, etc.

Im switching to ATT as soon as my dad gets off his lazy but and takes me to the store! lol =]

ChristeC is the lucky one who still has access to full internet with $5.99 service. Maybe she's been with TMO for a long time and is grandfather into this plan.

Try Blackberry unlimited connect at $19.99 and see if you get full internet service.
    ChristeC is the lucky one who still has access to full internet with $5.99 service. Maybe she's been with TMO for a long time and is grandfather into this plan.

Try Blackberry unlimited connect at $19.99 and see if you get full internet service.
    Actually, I'm not sure why I'm the "lucky one" who has access, on the $5.99 plan, to everything, including all of the stuff Fishera mentioned doesn't work -- I actually switched from the grandfathered full T-Mobile Internet, which I had for $19.99 (and is now $29.99) to the $5.99 plan, in January or February. So I definitely wasn't grandfathered for T-Zones. If anything, I would think TMO would want to make me switch back to the plan I originally had and was paying so much more for -- but I'm certainly not complaining and I'm knocking on wood and throwing salt over my shoulder and doing several different kinds of good voodoo dances as I type this!!!!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    christec, TMO just loves you.
    christec, TMO just loves you.
    Oh, of course! That's GOT to be it...I mean, what is there not to love?!
    I have the upgaded Kinoma w/ unlimited TMO internet, working fine.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    ChristieC,

I am going to upgrade from the 650 to the 680 and am currently using T-Mo T-zones too but I am using TCMP for my movies with several different formats AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 etc. and ptunes for MP3, OOG, AAC etc player. Does Kinona handle both types of media streams?
    How fast does your browser load for Blazer?
    Give me the scoop!
    The Bernster
    Quote Originally Posted by befranklin View Post
    ChristieC,

I am going to upgrade from the 650 to the 680 and am currently using T-Mo T-zones too but I am using TCMP for my movies with several different formats AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 etc. and ptunes for MP3, OOG, AAC etc player. Does Kinona handle both types of media streams?
    How fast does your browser load for Blazer?
    Give me the scoop!

Kinoma has worked for all types of video and and audio streaming that I've done, but I still use PTunes to play the MP3s I have stored on my card because Kinoma doesn't play in the background. I also still have TCPMP installed and run it from my card, just to make sure I'm covered for all different media types.

Please don't go by my experience with respect to T-Zones. I'm being told by a lot of good folks here on TC that T-Zones isn't working for data in many parts of the country (including the West Coast) and they're predicting that my luck here on the East Coast is going to run out soon as well. I'm mentally preparing myself to have to switch over the the $19.99 TMO Blackberry unlimited connect plan that Simba is using if and when that happens!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast