Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Kinoma has worked for all types of video and and audio streaming that I've done, but I still use PTunes to play the MP3s I have stored on my card because Kinoma doesn't play in the background. I also still have TCPMP installed and run it from my card, just to make sure I'm covered for all different media types.

    Please don't go by my experience with respect to T-Zones. I'm being told by a lot of good folks here on TC that T-Zones isn't working for data in many parts of the country (including the West Coast) and they're predicting that my luck here on the East Coast is going to run out soon as well. I'm mentally preparing myself to have to switch over the the $19.99 TMO Blackberry unlimited connect plan that Simba is using if and when that happens!
    Still $5 here in Chi-Town. If one was to upgrade to the $20 plan, would it be faster? FWIW, driving through Green Bay to Milwaukee the other day, and no Tzones:-(
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by purdue1014 View Post
    Still $5 here in Chi-Town. If one was to upgrade to the $20 plan, would it be faster? FWIW, driving through Green Bay to Milwaukee the other day, and no Tzones:-(
    I don't believe it would be faster, only because I was using the unlimited T-Mobile Internet Plan (on which I was grandfathered at $19.99 and which is now $29.99) before I switched to T-Zones in January or February, and I didn't see any speed difference when I switched.
  3.    #23  
    getting this thread back on track...

    have any AT&T customers been able to get m.youtube.com to work without paying for a Kinoma upgrade?
  4. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    #24  
    I have 680 on ATT with Kinoma 4.1.2. Kinoma launches from Blazer but gets stuck on "Buffering"
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  5. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mszatny View Post
    I have 680 on ATT with Kinoma 4.1.2. Kinoma launches from Blazer but gets stuck on "Buffering"
    Upgraded Kinoma to 4.2.....but still NO JOY.

    Anybody get YouTube working on 680?

    MS
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mszatny View Post
    Upgraded Kinoma to 4.2.....but still NO JOY.

    Anybody get YouTube working on 680?

    MS
    Yes (post 12 in this thread).
  7. #27  
    I'm on the TMo $5.99 plan and every program that uses the 'net works for me. Google Maps, Kinoma, & PTunes work fine.
    Follow Me On

  8. #28  
    Christie,

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Okay, I bought and downloaded Kinoma Player 4 EX, v. 4.2 and successfully played the entire clip that I timed out on before. The second video I tried, though, I got the same error message as you, but it went on to say that I should try selecting TCP in the Kinoma Streaming Preferences (the default selected before that was UDP). Once I did that, the next several videos I tried played perfectly. And the video quality is perfect, by the way!
    Excellent! I'm glad to hear that new feature is working as it should.

    For a bit more on why we did this, here's the description of the feature from the announcement on our blog:

    Some wireless carriers block video and audio delivered using UDP, an under-the-hood internet standard often used for live broadcasts. This release supports an alternate method of receiving live broadcasts, making playback more reliable on more networks than ever.

    -- Charles Wiltgen

    http://feeds.feedburner.com/kinoma.1.gif
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    Christie,


    Excellent! I'm glad to hear that new feature is working as it should.

    For a bit more on why we did this, here's the description of the feature from the announcement on our blog:

    Some wireless carriers block video and audio delivered using UDP, an under-the-hood internet standard often used for live broadcasts. This release supports an alternate method of receiving live broadcasts, making playback more reliable on more networks than ever.

    -- Charles Wiltgen

    Charles, thanks for the explanation. Also I wanted to say that the pop-up error message, which directed me to try switching to TCP, was very helpful and solved my problem with no muss and no fuss. Very nice implementation!
  10. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    #30  
    I've got youtube streaming on my 680 via Kinoma, but i seem to always start "re"-Buffering after only a few seconds. Even in relatively good data rates (100 kb/s)

    Are any 680 users able to stream without pauses? What settings are you using?

    MS
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  11. #31  
    The only way I EVER got streaming to work was via bt tethering (via missing sync) with my Mac.

    Otherwise with EDGE it is buffering... and buffering...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

    justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
  12. Maris's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by mszatny View Post
    I've got youtube streaming on my 680 via Kinoma, but i seem to always start "re"-Buffering after only a few seconds. Even in relatively good data rates (100 kb/s)

    Are any 680 users able to stream without pauses? What settings are you using?

    MS
    This is the second time I have tried to use Kinoma (just purchased the upgrade). It just doesn't seem to work on my Treo 680 no matter what settings I try. Like you, I get constant buffering. I wish I knew what ChristieC's secrets are.
  13. morrie's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    #33  
    i read on the kinoma site that many of these videos are not compatable with cingular.
    morris stalk
  14. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    #34  
    Kinda sucks that iPhone can play YouTube videos over EDGE, but Treo680 can't

    MS
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mszatny View Post
    Kinda sucks that iPhone can play YouTube videos over EDGE, but Treo680 can't

    MS
    Go get an Iphone for YouTube.
    at&t iPhone3G
  16. Maris's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrie View Post
    i read on the kinoma site that many of these videos are not compatable with cingular.

    Doesn't seem so compatible with T-Mobile, either!
  17. #37  
    I use TMO with T-Zones in FL
    1. I have not found anything on the WEB that I can not do.
    2. I have not upgraded Kinoma.
    3. Have not done it much, but I am able to play YouTub.
    4. Can not find Kinoma on my 680, it just pops up when needed. where is it?

    SPG
  18. #38  
    I had a glitch with my access recently, but my Treo680 works fine with the internet:
    m.youtube.com - check (I just watched Raging Parties with MomOfZipster)
    ptunes internet radio - check
    web (even pr0n) - check
    chattermail (push) IMAP - check
    gmail java app - check
    google maps - check
    goosync - check
    palmvnc (to my home server) - check
    gizmo - check
    --
    http://wrevolution.org/
    life, liberty, and the pursuit of open standards
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by mszatny View Post
    Kinda sucks that iPhone can play YouTube videos over EDGE, but Treo680 can't

    MS
    Agreed!!! Kinoma 4.2 EX and I get only about 10seconds of video then it wants to buffer again , and again and again.
  20. simba's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by SPG View Post
    I use TMO with T-Zones in FL
    1. I have not found anything on the WEB that I can not do.
    2. I have not upgraded Kinoma.
    3. Have not done it much, but I am able to play YouTub.
    4. Can not find Kinoma on my 680, it just pops up when needed. where is it?

    SPG
    I also have TMO and Kinoma is embedded in the YouTube site. At least for me. It works for some of us; doesn't work completely for me. I can get video for a couple of minutes then it errors out or buffers forever. Some have installed Kinoma in order for this to work well.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions