1.    #1  
    I like my 755p and have enjoyed every iteration of the Treo since the 600 with its evolutions and revolutions. Since I first used the 600 I've always wondered why they don't make a slider like many of the Tungsten series handhelds. I owned a TT and TT3 and my wife has had her TT3 for over 3 years and still enjoys it. The slider has always seemed like a no-brainer to me... compact form that can be expanded at the discretion of the user to allow for wide-screen movies, larger pictures and slideshows, more robust web browsing, enhanced gaming (could port all Zodiac games in that resolution), better usability of calendar/day planner apps, more text on screen for reading ebooks or other materials... the list seems endless. Ultimately, the slider on the Tungsten's I've used resulted in no limitations and merely served to add a whole new realm of functionality. I realize there's a cost of battery life for 50% more screen in 320x480 resolution, but batteries will evolve over time and that's what 3rd party companies are for! Hence, the zen of palm

As I said, I really like my 755p and have virtually no complaints about it. For me, it has been a solid upgrade from the 700p, no question about it. I just can't help but wonder if the slider design, something I perceived as a truly revolutionary feature, will ever see a return. I have handled numerous "sliding" Windows Mobile smartphones and found the implementation very limited for my style of use as compared to the Tungsten's simple slider design. I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on the pros and cons of this seemingly bygone feature and whether others would like to see it revitalized in future iterations of the Treo...
    That is the way that I would like to see them implement a larger screen size. Retain the Treo form-factor in the collapsed state.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    That is the way that I would like to see them implement a larger screen size. Retain the Treo form-factor in the collapsed state.
    Exactly. I'm just confused why this hasn't happened yet