Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is part of the email I received:

It's ready. Opera Mini 4 Beta, "Dimension" is available for you to try. Thanks for waiting patiently as we work hard to give you something truly special. We're proud to say Dimension sets a new standard for Web browsing on mobile phones. There are some noticeable improvements that we'll describe in detail below.

But first, here's what you really want: download Dimension directly from your WAP browser to your phone from here

Note that Opera Mini 4 Beta will NOT overwrite existing Opera Mini installations you may have.

What you will you find in Dimension:

- PC-style browsing direct to your mobile phone.
    Opera Mini has brought you the Web for your phone since 2006, but now with Dimension we give you a full overview of the page in one easy view - just like you expect from your PC Web browser.

- Start and stay at the right place
    When you load a page, Dimension will automatically suggest a place to begin reading. When it's time to dive into the page, Dimension zooms in and cleanly focuses on the content you want.

- Dynamic scrolling
    Opera Mini dynamically changes the size of text and images to make it convenient to read without a lot of unnecessary scrolling.

- Fast and cheap browsing
    As always, Opera Mini delivers the pages you want, quickly. In doing so, Opera Mini makes your data bill cheaper, too.

- Surf the Web in style
    The Web. Period. You can get any site, any where, at any time. It's your Web, to go.

We want to hear what you think. Please share your thoughts on Dimension in the forums by clicking here

Or, take a few moments to complete our brief survey by clicking here

Thanks so much for participating in the Dimension Beta program. Let us know what you think, and we promise to continue setting the standards for you getting the Web on your mobile phone.

http://www.operamini.com/beta/

Link to features: http://www.operamini.com/beta/features/

Link to demo: http://www.operamini.com/beta/demo/

Opera Mini vs iPhone: http://www.operamini.com/beta/video/

Going to test it out now.
    Last edited by cash70; 06/19/2007 at 05:49 AM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I installed it on my 755p and after a few minutes of browsing around it locked up solid. Had to remove battery to reset.

So far it sucks.
    Same here, locks up Midlet Manager on my 750. Looks nicer on the 750 than it does the 700p for some reason.

Anyway, it's not FAST. I like OM3 because it makes the ENTIRE web usable. v4 is not a browser I'd use on a daily basis at this point. Still, it's an early beta, and I'm sure they'll fix the bugs and pick up the speed soon.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  4.    #4  
    It locked up 3 times for me while installing. It has not locked up while browsing...however, it's not fast as "skfny" stated.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

I can't seem to run either version 3 or 4 Beta on my updated 700p without instant resetting.

Any solution for this?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Mine locks in test 1 when launched for the first time. Tried 4 different times and always locks there. Too bad, I was looking forward to the zooming in and out feature.
    So far I havent had any problems on my 680. I'm going to keep pushing it to see if it will break, but I like it so far.
    It locks up my 650 every time.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    locks up my 755P
    Definitly very early beta but I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it.
    I seem to get stuck at the Network Setup screen. I don't know how long "several minutes" is meant to be, but 10 minutes seems a bit too long...

I'm using a 680 with AT&T.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keleko View Post
    I seem to get stuck at the Network Setup screen. I don't know how long "several minutes" is meant to be, but 10 minutes seems a bit too long...

I'm using a 680 with AT&T.
    Yep, I had to reboot 3 times during the network setup process. But after that it seems to be working ok. Slow, but ok. Hopefully they will come out with the next version.

I can't get past the network setup process at all after multiple resets. I guess I have to wait for a newer version to be posted and try again later.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I have had sime issues with my Treo 700p freezing with Opera 4 as well its best we post them at the Opera Mini forums to let them know.

http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=193805
    Last edited by migs; 06/19/2007 at 12:29 PM.
    Biggest question I have to start is whether there is a newer J2ME version than the one posted in 2005 for the 650...? I installed that and OM4 on my 680 and it got through network setup without any issues (first time). I browsed a few simple pages, but I have to say that I really like the page view and zoom action, as well as dragging to scroll in the zoomed view. Very sweet.

Unfortunately, I was left a little nonplussed when it completely froze up my device when opening an only slightly more complex page. I removed it immediately -- I use my Treo for too much to have any app freeze like that. I may give it another try, but I am also curious about folks' J2ME experiences on PalmOS in general. Do you feel that a J2ME appication is integrated well enough, say, to replace Blazer as the default browser and expect thinks like URL links to launch correctly?
    a little slower then I would have liked for an updated version but I have not had any lock ups on my 755p (maybe because its the blue one... )

Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    I can't seem to run either version 3 or 4 Beta on my updated 700p without instant resetting.

Any solution for this?
    I'm in the same boat as you, i don't know why, maybe i'll try it again later.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Works good for me. Isn't as fast as version 3, but has some interesting features. No lockups or resets, but I only messed around with it for a few minutes.
    I don't know if I like it. It is slower and it gets stuck sometimes. Have you tried going to Treocentral forums from Opera 4? I can't.

Al
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    After having reset a few times I got it to work and it has some very impressive features!!

I can actually view entire large web pages for the first time and it includes a mouse pointer. I cant wait till they work out the bugs,

I bet this version will rival the iPhone browser...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast