Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just received the first shipment of version 2 of the short antenna for the Treo 650. Version 1 was very successful and based on customer requests and my experience with the antenna I have made some changes to the design.

I have all 3 colors in stock and shipping now.

Here are the changes that were made:

- The cap of the antenna is now thicker to prevent cracking when owners of Treo 650 drop them on the antenna (why are you dropping such an expensive phone anyway? ). It's still only 2mm thick (the old one was 1mm).

- The cap is angles towards the back (the back is raised a bit) to make the antenna look more unique and to distinguish it from copies made by others.

- The cap now has texture to match the look of the original antenna better.

- The fit between base and cap was completely redesigned. NO MORE FALLING CAPS. NO MORE RE-GLUING.

- With the redesign of the cap to base fit I have also eliminated the gap problem that some of the antennas had.

- Colors stayed the same. I have decided to rename the colors Black, Light Gray and Dark Gray (instead of Blue) to make it easier to match it to you original antenna. All the antennas are still the same apart from the different color.

- The antenna will come packed in a plastic box (starting from next week when I receive the boxes) to protect it during shipping. You can also use the box to put your old antenna in so you don't loose it.

I know you want to see it so here's the picture of a Light Gray antenna installed on a GSM 650:

http://www.treoantenna.com/shop/images/ver2.jpg

Next week I will also receive Ver. 2 for the Treo 700. I will post on the Treo 700 forums when it arrives.

If you are interested in purchasing the antenna you can find it at: www.TreoAntenna.com

Bulk discount is available. Please contact me through TreoAntenna.com or PM me here.

Shoot away with the questions.
    Awesome news! Glad you did some redesigns... make a wicked product even better

Sadly, this means im probably going to have twice as hard of a time selling my old ones (upgraded to a 755) in the Marketplace forum :>

None the less, again congrats, you've made a lot of treo owners happy
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Very nice...It's good to see that you have taken the feedback from treocentral to improve your product with version 2. This combined with the MR (if Palm fixes it again) will add some more life into the 700p line once you start selling the 700 series soon.
    Last edited by stroths; 06/19/2007 at 06:18 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Damn, and just last week I purchased a new 700p antenna from Zoti because I broke my first one from Zoti's original batch.

Oh well.

FYI, for those that have never used a Zoti antenna, he has gone out of his way to make it a great product!
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Were there any improvements made to the actual antenna? I had a version 1 antenna which I stopped using because my signal strength was too weak. I am back to using the original antenna, but would like to try the new one if there is some signal improvement over version 1.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6.    #6  
    The internals are the same. It's the best we could do inside such a confind space and reception is almost exactly the same as the original. You will only notice a difference if you are in an area with bad reception to begin with.
    Hey, the short antenna is great but what I would happily pay $50 for is an antenna that is the normal size but with improved gain. Am I alone?
    Last edited by Carl Gundel; 06/21/2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: had two sigs by mistake
    -Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
    http://www.libertybasic.com
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    $30 friggin dollars?! Yeah, no. You and the BMW tuner Steve Dinan must be neighbors!
  9.    #9  
    If you don't like it then you can cut your antenna yourself with a hack saw.
    i love the antenna. makes my phone look so wonderfully olde style, yet its better than the rest (iphone included).

and it's very practical as well:
    -you can hold it by the antenna
    -my treo holster is designed such that the antenna gives the treo more hold, thus hindering it from slipping off

i wouldn't mind screwing an antenna onto my next treo in case it doesn't have one.
  11. PRC
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Were there any improvements made to the actual antenna? I had a version 1 antenna which I stopped using because my signal strength was too weak. I am back to using the original antenna, but would like to try the new one if there is some signal improvement over version 1.
    unfortunately ive had the same problem and have had to stop using my stubby. I really do like the way phone looks with it.
    RSSI with stock: 88
    RSSI with stubby: 97
    Last edited by PRC; 07/05/2007 at 01:45 AM.
    Speaking of RSSI with the Zoti antenna (sort of), does anyone know what I need to dial on my Alltel Treo to see my RSSI?
    I have one of the Version 1 antennaes and I love it. However, I have always had the gap issue and just got it as good as I could and left it. Any chance of doing an exchange and discount program for Version 1 owners to get the new and improved Version 2 antennaes. Thanks in advance.
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    I have one of the Version 1 antennaes and I love it. However, I have always had the gap issue and just got it as good as I could and left it. Any chance of doing an exchange and discount program for Version 1 owners to get the new and improved Version 2 antennaes. Thanks in advance.
    Send me a pic of the gap. I might be able to do something about it. I've PM'd you my email address.
    I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I would like to invoke some conversation about these antennas and the reception they produce. I have the short antenna and I really have noticed a significant decrease in my phone's ability to send and receive calls. I have gone through 2 Treo's in the process all of which I have put the short antenna on. I didn't know if the antenna caused the problems or not, until now.

My co-worker just picked up a brand new Alltel 700wx (mine is also an Alltel 700wx) and I dialed ##33284 on both phones sitting on my desk. My phone bounced between -99db & -100db while the brand new phone with the standard antenna bounced between -89db and -90db. I will now have to find my original stock antenna, and it will reinstalled ASAP. I really hate to loose the cool sleek looks of the short antenna, but I have to be able to use this device as a phone.

anyone else experience anything similar?

Erik
  16.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdgoeson4ever View Post
    I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I would like to invoke some conversation about these antennas and the reception they produce. I have the short antenna and I really have noticed a significant decrease in my phone's ability to send and receive calls. I have gone through 2 Treo's in the process all of which I have put the short antenna on. I didn't know if the antenna caused the problems or not, until now.

My co-worker just picked up a brand new Alltel 700wx (mine is also an Alltel 700wx) and I dialed ##33284 on both phones sitting on my desk. My phone bounced between -99db & -100db while the brand new phone with the standard antenna bounced between -89db and -90db. I will now have to find my original stock antenna, and it will reinstalled ASAP. I really hate to loose the cool sleek looks of the short antenna, but I have to be able to use this device as a phone.

anyone else experience anything similar?

Erik
    How is the reception in that area with the stock antenna? Are you getting full reception?

If the reception is bad to start with the you will probably notice it more with the short antenna.
    I would say that the location I checked both phones was not the best for reception. I will do some more testing today and report my findings...
    I've tried both the v1 and v2 short antennas on a 650 with TMo, but reception is still very poor. Stock antenna has good to excellent reception. Very sad... I like the look of the shortie.
    Must say though, Zoti was most helpful exchanging v1 with v2 to see if reception was improved. Great CS, Zoti .
    Will have to stick with stock antenna.
    I had the rev 1 antenna to, but switched back to the stock design because of the weak signal strength in my area.

I would buy an after market antenna with a stock design that provided better signal strength. Any interest Zoti?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast