Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I had the rev 1 antenna to, but switched back to the stock design because of the weak signal strength in my area.

I would buy an after market antenna with a stock design that provided better signal strength. Any interest Zoti?
    Nah. Developing just one antenna was enough of a head ache for me. You have no idea how hard it is to have those things manufactured correctly.
    Zoti,

Just installed my new Black v2 antenna on my Treo 650. I like not hitting the old antenna each time I reach into my bag for the phone. Works great!
    FlyWoody3
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PRC View Post
    unfortunately ive had the same problem and have had to stop using my stubby. I really do like the way phone looks with it.
    RSSI with stock: 88
    RSSI with stubby: 97
    this is same with me. real bummer is that months ago I tried to email Zoti about the issue - and see about a swap within the 30 days - via his website. but never heard back after like 4 trys. so, I just gave up. I just visited the forum again and found this new topic, so finally decided to register and chime in here rather than via his website.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard View Post
    this is same with me. real bummer is that months ago I tried to email Zoti about the issue - and see about a swap within the 30 days - via his website. but never heard back after like 4 trys. so, I just gave up. I just visited the forum again and found this new topic, so finally decided to register and chime in here rather than via his website.

I replay each and every email (if I get it ofcourse). What is your order #?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    just sent you a PM with the details.
    I will say this...

That thing looks hot! and it also looks like you followed ( maybe) cosmetic advice and it has a texture? like the stock or is it still satin/shiny.

NOTE:
    Zot sent me a replacement in a manner unexpected and was far beyond the call of customer service. He actually sent me 2 and payed strict attention to details of my usage, need and the issues. Well done.

Every implementation of change here is welcome. I have similar to even reception where I live with one of the 2 replacements. My latest refurb actually has better reception with Zoti's than the stock that came.

This anomoly of different receptions may come from the manufacturing process if these are hand wound around the base. every angle, twist, straight. is intended to be tuned perfectly as the stock. result could vary greatly based on the hand wound practice of manufacture.

The main reason any antenna is what it is.in it's end user format.. Is because of the radios. Alot of research will have to go into a STOCK boosted model. A new layout of poles twists and turns will have to be designed and optimised for the SAME RADIO AND POWER. Big job there. I am not sure we can tweak the radios in this fashion in order to accomodate a change in the antenna. We also need to note that these(stock) are frequency tuned to 2 radios for optimal performance as a single unit.

These limitations also are what play into our reception variations with Zot's antenna. I love it, He is a pioneer and worthy of our support even if you shelve his units

I wouldn't mind seeing a new one.
  7.    #27  
    My intention with ver. 2 was to have one antenna that will fit both the 650 and 700 models. The factory made a mistake and the fit on the 700 is not good so I made them redo the whole thing. I hope to have the one model that fits both phones sometime soon.

Yes, It is textured. I'm going to have them do it in the new one as well.

Thanks for the kind words. I try to do my best.
    For some the ##33284 won't work. This is the case for me. I know that mine is #*#33284 to get the same screen where I can see my signal strength.
    My original short treo antenna (order # 56) was getting pretty beat up and the reception was never very good, so I figured I'd take the risk and buy a version 2 antenna (order # 2412). Surprisingly, not only does the new antenna look and fit better, but even though the internal electronics are the same, my reception improved.

I tried each antenna in my Verizon Treo 650 at 4 locations to get the average reception, using #*#DEBUG#.

Original Zoti: -95.6
    Version 2 Zoti: -92.5
    Stock: -90.0

Who knows, maybe I damaged the flex print while filing the original antenna to fit or while reattaching the cap (i.e., gap problem), but my gamble paid off and I am happy with the new antenna.
    Looked on the website and didn't see any light gray v2 antennas for the Treo 650. Are they just out of stock right now?
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Just my 2 cents, I was 1 of the first to get Zoti's original shorty and had problems with the initial batch not fitting right and caps falling off... I contacted Zoti and he replaced mine twice immediately. I've honestly never had better customer service. As for the reception, I live in a crappy service area and my reception is just as good if not better than the original. Still thinking bout whether to purchase a ver2 antenna yet cuz I don't know how much longer I'm gonna stick w/ my Treo... Any more comparison info on ver1 and ver2 antennas?
    Don't work for Zoti, don't know him either, just wanna make sure to support great ideas backed by great support.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    Looked on the website and didn't see any light gray v2 antennas for the Treo 650. Are they just out of stock right now?
    Expecting more stock tomorrow. At the moment I have the gray antenna with the screw driver only.
  13.    #33  
    I'm attaching a picture of the antennas installed on a Treo 700 and Treo 650 to give some more idea about the color option.

http://www.treoantenna.com/images/AntennaOnPhone.jpg
    Is this you zoti?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Silver-Treo-650-...QQcmdZViewItem

Or, is someone else doing this too?
    Treo 650 Verizon
  15.    #35  
    No it's not me. I sell on EBay under the name TreoAntenna. I'd say they are a little bit late ot market.
    I had a question about the Short Antenna.

I recently purchased one for my GSM Treo 650 and I've been very satisfied with it. I haven't really noticed any signal degradation, but I guess that's because I'm in an area with a fairly strong signal coverage. Anyways, I was wondering if the rather high radiation which is emitted by the GSM Treo 650 (its SAR value is 1.51 W/kg) is in any way reduced by using the Short Antenna.

Thanks!
  17.    #37  
    From the tests we have done the resalts showd that it is the same as the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    From the tests we have done the resalts showd that it is the same as the original.
    Thanks. I was hoping that the high SAR value came from the original stock antenna, and that replacing it with the Short Antenna would reduce its emissions. I'm still very impressed with the Short Antenna though! It's great not having to worry about snagging or breaking the old antenna!
    Hey Zoti,

I emailed you this week about an antenna that bought from your store, but have not gotten a response yet. I have gone through the forums and noticed that some people had trouble sending you emails or what not, so I thought this might be a faster way to get a hold of you. Anyways, after installing the short antenna I noticed a significant signal loss and this was tested against the original antenna in the same location. I even tried the short antenna for a day and I still got a very weak signal. Sometimes I wouldn't even get service! I am wondering if this amount of signal loss is normal, in which case I would like to return the antenna and be refunded. However, if you think it's a defective antenna, then a replacement would be fine, as I do like the idea of having a shorter antenna. I've been using my original antenna now since the signal is much better and would like to send the short one back. Please let me know if I need an RA # or something or if I should just send it to the address on the envelope. Thanks.

Regards,

Tony
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12