Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Has anyone had any luck in getting a USB car adapter to charge the 755p with the USB cable that is shipped with the 755p ?
    I tried two different adapters that I use with other devices that charge through the USB port.
    These adapters don't work with the 755p. The cable works fine plugged into a USB port on a PC so I know that the cable is good.
    These adapters are rated at 5.5 volts and 1 amp capacity.

What I am thinking is that the 755p won't charge from the USB cable unless it sees a valid USB port. These adapters only provide the ground and voltage tabs and no signal tabs.

Here is a picture of what these adapters look like.
    http://www.proporta.com/resizeimage....=310px&h=345px

Thanks,
    Rich
    I tried, & got the same results as you
    HTC Touch Pro
    I used to use one exactly like that on my 650. It had it's own cord though and came with a 120 adapter as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I am using the Boxwave retractable one I had for my TX and it works fine.

I've used it with the Boxwave combo AC plug and cigarette adapter. I've also used it directly to my laptop and with the Boxwave AC plug that has the USB port on it.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have the Seidio adapter, for both the car and 120 in the house. It is the one I used with the 700p and works just fine on the 755
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info guy's.
    Can I ask you if the cables that work look like this:
    http://www.boxwave.com/images_bw/pro...ncapped_lg.jpg

This picture shows the connector that plugs into the 755p end has both the USB pins and the power plug pins on this adapter. I agree that this would work as they are running a seperate power connector.

The cable I was using is the one that comes with the Treo 755p ship group which only has the USB cable connections and not the power plug connection.

If the cables that work look like the picture I referenced that would make sense. The Treo 755p has two ways of charging the battery. One using the small power plug and the other using the USB cable's 6-volt power.

I am guessing that the 755p is smart enough to either use the small power plug first or the USB cable if the small power plug is not used.

In the 755p ship group they also included a small power adapter plug which allows use of a Treo 650 power adapter. I never had a 650 so I don't know what the 650 power cable looks like.

Thanks again for all the reply's.
    Rich
    Last edited by relgin; 06/19/2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Clarify picture
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by relgin View Post
    Thanks for the info guy's.
    Can I ask you if the cables that work look like this:
    http://www.boxwave.com/images_bw/pro...ncapped_lg.jpg

That's basically the model I have that I originally bought for my TX. Looks slightly updated, but...
    I bought a car lighter charger from this TreoCentral site a year ago that was used for my 700p. The same unit also charges my 755p too.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!