Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    So tonight I had an issue with Sprint. Long story short, they didn't add the data plan to my contract when I renewed, added a comment to the account that I declined additional services. $100+ charges. Customer service chose not to resolve it.

    I'll have to look, but can I use the 755p with Verizon? It GAGS me to write this, but if I can't, is the 755w for Verizon? I'd hate to get a windows OS on a PDA, but c'est la vie.

    I miss my 755p.
    Thomas

    Palm III>Clie665C>Treo755p
  2. relgin's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #2  
    Just call retentions at 866-881-9571 and explain your problem and that you want to stay a Sprint customer. Be polite and I am sure that they can solve your problem.

    Rich
  3. #3  
    No you cant.. Last I check sprint data charges were capped at $69.99 for none data plans. I had an issue like this my phone was set up to usual causal data and causal mins and one call fixed all of that and I was credited back everything and given a $25 credit for my trouble.
  4. #4  
    I posted an answer to your post in the CDMA section on the same thing.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    No you cant.. Last I check sprint data charges were capped at $69.99 for none data plans. I had an issue like this my phone was set up to usual causal data and causal mins and one call fixed all of that and I was credited back everything and given a $25 credit for my trouble.
    Sure wish I had received the rep that handled your case. I sort of thought it would be a snap to resolve. Unfortunately my call went on deaf ears. I can't see the actual detail of the charges, I see one line item of PCS Data for the charge. The customer service rep didn't argue that they were internet charges so the only thing I can deduce is that it is internet charges. Premium Services Details show 1 item for 0.00 so I've no real clue where the charge came from but the PCS Data sort of implies its for data.

    I was transferred to the retention line, I was polite, until the rep started on the same "its noted on your line that you declined the service line," at which point I told her fine, I was going to cancel and to have a nice evening.

    I did not intend to make this a flame sprint topic. I was frustrated, still am to a point.

    I looked and it appears that the 755p can only be used with Sprint. Sowell. I crave a PDA now that I've had one for 3-4 weeks. Any ideas on a Palm to get? I loved the internet access... got addicted to it quick. The T|X has wireless, which works to a much lesser degree, but at least it's back to graffiti! How I've missed it. After a 3 year absence from having a PDA, my hand has been craving to write graffiti every time I picked up the 755.
    Last edited by mitche8359; 06/19/2007 at 07:26 AM.
    Thomas

    Palm III>Clie665C>Treo755p
  6. #6  
    I don't know if this will help you or not, but the rumor is that Verizon is getting the 755P...so I don't know if that would then open the possibility of your ESN working or not. But at the very least, you could start a new contract with them, getting a new Verizon branded 755P and sell your Sprint 755P on ebay.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I don't know if this will help you or not, but the rumor is that Verizon is getting the 755P...so I don't know if that would then open the possibility of your ESN working or not. But at the very least, you could start a new contract with them, getting a new Verizon branded 755P and sell your Sprint 755P on ebay.
    I'm still within the 30 day grace period so I can return the phones. Tried at lunch but they had 2 reps working the store at what is most likely the busiest time of the day. Go figure. So I'll have to stop on the way home.

    Good to know about Verizon getting the 755P. Where did you read it at? I did a quick search last night and didn't see anything on it.
    Thomas

    Palm III>Clie665C>Treo755p
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mitche8359 View Post
    I'm still within the 30 day grace period so I can return the phones. Tried at lunch but they had 2 reps working the store at what is most likely the busiest time of the day. Go figure. So I'll have to stop on the way home.

    Good to know about Verizon getting the 755P. Where did you read it at? I did a quick search last night and didn't see anything on it.
    Verizon is $44.99 per month for unlimited internet compared to $15 for Sprint and you don't know what Verizon will charge for the 755. The way I look at it, even if you have to eat the $100, it will pay you back in only three months and the rest of the savings is gravy, but that's just me.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mitche8359 View Post
    I'm still within the 30 day grace period so I can return the phones. Tried at lunch but they had 2 reps working the store at what is most likely the busiest time of the day. Go figure. So I'll have to stop on the way home.
    You could escalate to Sprint's Executive Escalation, but I think that would be overkill here. You *could* insist that they provide their alleged "recording" of the actual phone call to verify your alleged declining of the data service. Put it on them to prove it - since it's an oral agreement it's their word against yours, and they should have the burden of proof especially when they claim to be recording the calls. (They will *never* fax or email you the plan you just agreed to - that's why I suggest recording the contracting call on *your* end too).

    You have 30 days to decide - go ahead and return the phones and you still are under your old contract (or without a contract if that's the case). You can get a SERO plan starting at $30/mo which includes the kitchen sink (also unlimited data) and buy the phone for $279 there. Only trouble is you may have a major hassle swapping your number. Otherwise I think you can swap the number to another company for a month, then get a SERO plan and bring the number back. It's a hassle - but the diff in Verizon's rates over a couple years are worth the trouble if $$$$$ is important.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  10. ronk808's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #10  
    I agree with the rest. Keep calling retentions. I've been really lucky so far with the reps I get, but the right ones will bend over backwards to help you.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronk808 View Post
    I agree with the rest. Keep calling retentions. I've been really lucky so far with the reps I get, but the right ones will bend over backwards to help you.
    Thanks to all for the suggestions. I took the phones back to the store tonight on the way home. The guy at the store couldn't believe the issue, offered me an immediate credit for the charge, offered me another credit for the trouble. I actually settled on a credit for the charge minus the monthly service charge that should have been applied. The guy at the store looked at me funny when I told him to just credit me the difference between the charge and the monthly fee. I told him I wasn't out to take advantage of Sprint and had no problem paying what I owe. So of course the Treo is dead now and needs charged. Not sure how it can drain in the box.

    PS. Yeah I don't cheat on taxes either.
    Thomas

    Palm III>Clie665C>Treo755p

Posting Permissions