Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a palm user, with a Tungsten T5, and I would like to switch to a Treo 755p. One of the programs I use most on my palm is the notepad, where I can scribble a note to myself in my own writing (like an electronic post-it note). Treo doesn't come with a notepad. Is there any way to put a notepad function on my Treo? (Or as a second choice, perhaps, to add a note function to the memo program, so I can scribble over the lined memo with my own writing...).
    Thanks!
    I had something like that on my 650, I don't recall the name of the app, but once you get a qwerty board graffiti apps seem kinda useless(IMO)
    HTC Touch Pro
    I agree with R1_Rydah's comments, but to answer your question, there are a number of programs which do the job and there have been a number of threads on the subject, including this one which addresses getting Notepad onto Treo.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139298
    I realize it's an older program, and I'm not sure it works on the 755p, but I really like PolyNote:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/polynote.shtml

It lets you take text notes, make drawings and lists, and you can assign alarms to each one. And it's free.
    Pennovate Notes Lite is free. There is Pro version as well. Check it out.

http://www.pennovate.com/
    Or you can beam the Note Pad app from your T5 to your 755P, just make sure you also beam the CompressionPng file. See this BH thread.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Or you can beam the Note Pad app from your T5 to your 755P, just make sure you also beam the CompressionPng file. See this BH thread.
    Actually, you can get the actual 4 files you need right here from this zip file posted by Jessi: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=10. You'll just need to rename the two file extensions that are now .bprc and .oprc to .prc before you hotsync. Hotsync all 4 files and you should be good to go with Notepad (it works perfectly on my 680).
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    Actually, you can get the actual 4 files you need right here from this zip file posted by Jessi: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=10. You'll just need to rename the two file extensions that are now .bprc and .oprc to .prc before you hotsync. Hotsync all 4 files and you should be good to go with Notepad (it works perfectly on my 680).
    I stumbled over this thread while looking for a good note pad application.
    I would like to give this a try, but I can't figure out how to change the .oprc and .bprc files changed to .prc files.
    I think I am being stupid about this, but I am stuck.
    How do I do it?--
    I am using Windows Vista Laptop.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wachie View Post
    I stumbled over this thread while looking for a good note pad application.
    I would like to give this a try, but I can't figure out how to change the .oprc and .bprc files changed to .prc files.
    I think I am being stupid about this, but I am stuck.
    How do I do it?--
    I am using Windows Vista Laptop.
    Thanks!

Here are the 4 files, already changed so you can just download and hotsync them:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks Christie. Was looking for this.
    Here are the 4 files, already changed so you can just download and hotsync them:
    ChristieC,

My friend beamed me over his Notepad from his TX to my 755p and although it works, I can't bring the keyboard up.

He only beamed over 2 files - Note Pad and Note Pad_enUS - could that be my problem? By bring over 4 files will that make the keyboard function work?

Thanks!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    ChristieC,

My friend beamed me over his Notepad from his TX to my 755p and although it works, I can't bring the keyboard up.

He only beamed over 2 files - Note Pad and Note Pad_enUS - could that be my problem? By bring over 4 files will that make the keyboard function work?

Thanks!
    Yep, you got it -- you need all 4 files to make it work.
    BTW, what version of Note Pad is it if I use your four files? My version he beam over is v2.3

Thanks Again!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Awesome!
    Thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    BTW, what version of Note Pad is it if I use your four files? My version he beam over is v2.3

Thanks Again!
    You're welcome. Mine is also v2.3.
    ChristieC,

I hot synced your files and still cannot get the popup keyboard to work on my 755p - my friend who beamed his Not Pad same version as yours cannot get his keyboard to pop up either he and I only used the the 2 Note Pad files.

Just out of curiousity I deleted both of your Compression files and Note works as normal - just no pop up keyboard.

Thanks for the files.

ssiewell and wachie does the pop up keyboard work for you?
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Downloaded the 4 files, put them to quick install and hot synced.

Notes is working on my 755p, but the popup keyboard is also not working for me.

I traced the link back and these files came from a LifeDrive. Maybe the keyboard popup application is another file on the LifeDrive that is beyond these 4 files and is not on a Treo, as the Treo has a physical keyboard. . . . .

Anybody have the LifeDrive popup keyboard .prc file(s)?
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/18/2008 at 10:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I don't get the keyboard pop up either, but I would never have missed it.
    Is there a reason anyone would need it with a physical keyboard on all the Treos?
    Quote Originally Posted by wachie View Post
    I don't get the keyboard pop up either, but I would never have missed it.
    Is there a reason anyone would need it with a physical keyboard on all the Treos?

Well, since this notes program was designed for a LifeDrive vs. a Treo. . . the Treo's physical keyboard does not work with the program either. Many people have used the notes program to jot notes to themselves for possible sharing with others -- type written text is obviously an advantage in this regard.

I agree . . . if a notes program had come on the Treo -- it would use the physical keyboard rather than the popup that was standard on all Palm PDAs, from the Pilot on I believe.
    Last edited by gtwo; 03/19/2008 at 08:55 PM.
    The Palm NotePad is only meant for scribbling only; for typed notes, use the MemoPad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast