Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Good to see my phone is helping them find the problem ...

"have been collecting phones from customers for analysis" Ha, last time I talked to them they told me they only collected 5 (mine being one of them). Maybe they meant they only upgraded 5 people to the 755p for their trouble, in which case I guess I should feel lucky...
    Also, we currently don't have plans to issue a MR for other carriers because the ROM software already contains many of the features that are included in the Sprint and Verizon Wireless updates (e.g. many of the Bluetooth improvements and MP3 playback).

What does the above mean?? it doesn't make sense.

What "wireless updates" PRL????

The MP3 and BT stuff must be fixed via the ROM flash. Why is palm not telling people this. They should just say, put all the files into the "ROM" directory on the SD card, run the ROMUpdater.prc, and type "ventura"
    lol.. classic..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Also, we currently don't have plans to issue a MR for other carriers because the ROM software already contains many of the features that are included in the Sprint and Verizon Wireless updates (e.g. many of the Bluetooth improvements and MP3 playback).

What does the above mean?? it doesn't make sense.

What "wireless updates" PRL????

The MP3 and BT stuff must be fixed via the ROM flash. Why is palm not telling people this. They should just say, put all the files into the "ROM" directory on the SD card, run the ROMUpdater.prc, and type "ventura"

They don't mean "wireless updates" they mean updates for "Verizon Wireless" and "Sprint"

What the are trying to say is that the ROMs for the companies besides Sprint and Verizon Wireless already have many of the features contained in the (botched) Sprint update and the (yet to be released ) Verizon Wireless update, so they dont intend to bother doing anything for the other carriers
    Last edited by midmofan; 06/20/2007 at 11:14 AM.