Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am writing this because last night I noticed that my Burgundy is wearing off on the back, sides and two places on the front. Looks terrible. Palm is replacing it (for $25 shipping) but with another Burgundy. I love the Burgundy but I don't think this would be noticeable on the Blue.

Just mentioning this if the showing of wear, especially on a light user like me, bothers you.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I am writing this because last night I noticed that my Burgundy is wearing off on the back, sides and two places on the front. Looks terrible. Palm is replacing it (for $25 shipping) but with another Burgundy. I love the Burgundy but I don't think this would be noticeable on the Blue.

Just mentioning this if the showing of wear, especially on a light user like me, bothers you.
    Thanks for the warning.

Did you purchase yours online or over the phone or something other than in a Sprint store?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I use mine heavily every day without a skin case and it looks like new. Of course I don't just toss it around, but it looks fine.

Al
    I've heard about this once on another forum. So I guess it is happening to the burgundy 755s but mine is fine too and I've had it without a case ever since I got it. I then got a clear case but it didn't fit right so I took it off. No paint coming off mine thank goodness. To the op, did you buy your treo directly from palm or sprint? Just wondering what my options were if paint were to come off of mine.
    diane
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Thanks for the warning.

Did you purchase yours online or over the phone or something other than in a Sprint store?
    Got mine at a store but what's funny is I originally took my blue one back because the battery was draining really fast and got the burgundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I use mine heavily every day without a skin case and it looks like new. Of course I don't just toss it around, but it looks fine.
    I don't toss my phones around, it is in a Sprint Treo 650/700 leather case and my phones look new after I've had them for years. Something I'm really proud of.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Got mine at a store but what's funny is I originally took my blue one back because the battery was draining really fast and got the burgundy.
    I don't understand, then, why you'd have to pay shipping. At all.

They should supply a new one in the store and that should be that. Sounds like they're trying to screw you (and probably others) over.

Oooh. It probably shouldn't be that burns me up.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I don't understand, then, why you'd have to pay shipping. At all.

They should supply a new one in the store and that should be that. Sounds like they're trying to screw you (and probably others) over.

Oooh. It probably shouldn't be that burns me up.
    I went to the store and they were nice as can be. He got out a Blue one and couldn't set it up with my number. I got my first 755 on May 14th and the second on the 21st. I figured it hasn't been 30 days since I had the phone so he put me on his phone to customer service who gave me the good old, I understand but it's been over 30 days since you first got the phone so no can do. They told me to call Palm and have it warranty replaced (after she first told me to use the insurance, which I wouldn't do). She gave me the number and they said they'd replace it but I had to pay shipping. I questioned that but I wasn't arguing after that and paid it. What really would've got me mad is if I had a phone that didn't work and I'd be SOL and if it was after 90 days even Palm charges to just talk to them.

It's all okay, I love the Treo, and hope the new one doesn't have this problem but I was only trying to warn anyone to think of this before getting a Burgundy.
    12 days with my Burgundy 755P and no signs of wear on the finish.
  9.    #9  
    Here's a photo of the wear that's on both sides like this and two little spots on the front. I hope you can see it in this photo. Now, it has ALWAYS been in a case, so whether the case rubs, I don't know, but my other Treos were in the same case and always looked like new.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I hope yours was just a fluke. If I were you, I'd return it too.

Here's a photo of the wear that's on both sides like this and two little spots on th front. I hope you can see it in this photo.
    On another forum someone had the same thing happen....
    no case burgundy user here... I can feel a changing of the texture... something i expected, but no discoloration as of yet
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Some chemicals can mess up your paint without even knowing. You would be amazed how everyday use stuff can be so destructing. So always wash your hands with soup before holding your Treo if you know you have something on your hands.

Al
    That's why I've given up on soft cases, something similar happen to my 650, but not in a months time... only hard cases for me from now on... if I do ever go with a soft case again it would have to be something that wouldn't let the treo move around while in the case...

I did more cosmetic damage(chrome on the front) in 6 months in a krussell leather case, then I did 2yrs going caseless
    HTC Touch Pro
    It looks like holster wear. That also happens on pistols, especially on the high spots, and occurs when a pistol is repeatedly holstered, removed, and re-holstered. Some materials are hard on finishes. Anything with a suede lining will collect dirt and become more abrasive. A smooth lining should reduce wear. Just my $.02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    ... So always wash your hands with soup before holding your Treo ...
    Thanks for the unintentional laugh! I needed that today.
    -B
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by oneinthepipe View Post
    It looks like holster wear. That also happens on pistols, especially on the high spots, and occurs when a pistol is repeatedly holstered, removed, and re-holstered. Some materials are hard on finishes. Anything with a suede lining will collect dirt and become more abrasive. A smooth lining should reduce wear. Just my $.02.
    I'm thinking that's probably what caused it too, actually, it's the only thing that could've caused it. But, that's the reason for this post in the first place, to warn people who are thinking about getting a 755 that this can happen. I can tell you that it wouldn't be noticed on a blue one. If this type of wear would bother anyone else as much as it bothers me, this post might make up their mind on which color to get.
    My burgundy Treo 755p rocks and I would not change it for a blue one. This is a unique Treo.

Al
    I noticed today my color is wearing off on the edges too... I was using a hard clear case...
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
    I noticed today my color is wearing off on the edges too... I was using a hard clear case...
    are you serious? good thing i took mine off! are you going to contact palm?
    diane
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast