Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. #21  
    I remember some scuffs on my 650 due to my hardcase's inner lining wearing thin. Eventually, the hard aluminum was touching the Treo, itself. Of course, that's not good.

    That's another reason that I've got a problem with less stable Treo's - particularly those that lack a reset button. Why? Because that requires the device to pulled out of and pushed back into its hardcase more often, which increases wear on the devices - and my patience.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
    I noticed today my color is wearing off on the edges too... I was using a hard clear case...
    ok now I'm worried...

    was it a palm air case? that's what I'm using... I thought I wouldn't have any issues with this case since the phone doesn't move around... but now I might have to re-think that...
    HTC Touch Pro
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    ok now I'm worried...

    was it a palm air case? that's what I'm using... I thought I wouldn't have any issues with this case since the phone doesn't move around... but now I might have to re-think that...
    I've never had a hard case, only use the leather 650/700 case that was sold only by Sprint and look at the photo of mine above. The difference in these phones to the 650/700s is the color on those was molded into the body (I believe) and on the 755 the color seems to be sprayed on top of the plastic phone, and not too well in my situation. Again, I say that you would probably never notice it on the dark blue.

    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
    I noticed today my color is wearing off on the edges too... I was using a hard clear case...
    When did you get it? If it's less than 30 days take it back no questions asked and get another (hopefully blue this time).
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I've never had a hard case, only use the leather 650/700 case that was sold only by Sprint and look at the photo of mine above. The difference in these phones to the 650/700s is the color on those was molded into the body (I believe) and on the 755 the color seems to be sprayed on top of the plastic phone, and not too well in my situation. Again, I say that you would probably never notice it on the dark blue.


    When did you get it? If it's less than 30 days take it back no questions asked and get another (hopefully blue this time).
    I think it'd be noticeable on the dark blue. Maybe less so, but I love the feel and look of my phone, so changes would probably stand out.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  5. #25  
    Just another warning...I had a horizontal carrying case for my 700p, and the felt came off the inner lining. It exposed a metal grommet which chipped away at the paint. I am super anal about these things so it really bothered me. The kicker is, I had a BSE on it but it was the one place the BSE did NOT cover! arrrrgg!!
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    ok now I'm worried...

    was it a palm air case? that's what I'm using... I thought I wouldn't have any issues with this case since the phone doesn't move around... but now I might have to re-think that...
    No cheap case from the mall....BEWARE OF HARD CASES. My local store doesnt have Burgundy. Sprint Retention refuse to replace it without me calling Palm which I am doing now.
  7. #27  
    I had a Nextel 7510 Bberry (blue - very similar to 755p blue) and a Nextel 7520 Bberry (black, but of a similar texture to the 755p blue) and both of them had shiny spots from where I took them in and out of a holster. The locations would be equivalent to the ridge that runs along the edge from the screen down to the keyboard.
    I have the Palm vertical holster case that holds the 755 much better than it did the 700 (waaay too snug for the 700) and as much as I would like to use this simple case I have refrained from doing so as I fear I will recreate a shiny line going down both sides of my blue 755.
    I have a clear/white skin coming from ebay (I didn't want to pay $40 for the Palm version) and will probably change from my Palm side pouch back to a Seidio vertical pouch that will hold a Treo with a skin on it.
    I kind of wish that Palm hadn't gone all creative with a color and texture scheme as the simple grey was probably more durable.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
    No cheap case from the mall....BEWARE OF HARD CASES. My local store doesnt have Burgundy. Sprint Retention refuse to replace it without me calling Palm which I am doing now.
    Palm will charge you $25 to exchange it. Why do you want to get Burgundy again? I think this is going to happen to all of them, with or without a case. If the store will replace it, replace it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Palm will charge you $25 to exchange it. Why do you want to get Burgundy again? I think this is going to happen to all of them, with or without a case. If the store will replace it, replace it.
    Retention ended up replacing it...Sup who refused to actually called me back to tell me he had second thoughts ...so now I have 2 treos coming so I have to refuse one....

    Got another Burgundy because I am a girl and I want to coordinate...
    Also hubby has bloo
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
    Got another Burgundy because I am a girl and I want to coordinate...
    Also hubby has bloo
    Hey sis you are wrong Burgundy is a guy c l r

    http://www.splashblog.com/Adrean/627251.jpg

    Al
  11. #31  
    Handsome indeed!!!!!
  12. #32  
    Same here. I have burgundy and hubby has blue. He says burgundy is for girls.



    Quote Originally Posted by MsRandall View Post
    Retention ended up replacing it...Sup who refused to actually called me back to tell me he had second thoughts ...so now I have 2 treos coming so I have to refuse one....

    Got another Burgundy because I am a girl and I want to coordinate...
    Also hubby has bloo
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Same here. I have burgundy and hubby has blue. He says burgundy is for girls.
    That's ridiculous...burgandy looks hot on guys
  14. #34  
    interesting. I remember when the blue Zire Z72's had peeling paint, and palm exchanged them all - it was also a rubbery texture. You could actually scrape it off with a fingernail.

    anyway, this doesn't look like quite the same issue, but I also agree that some chemicals can eat away at plastic/rubber - bug spray is a classic...makes plastic all gummy.

    Good luck with a replacement - hope they get the issue fixed!!
  15. #35  
    so what exactly is/are the hard case(s) that have been causing problems? I am using the Seido Crystal Clear case on my blue 755 and have not seen anything yet but have only had it for 3 weeks...
  16. gottria's Avatar
    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    #36  
    [QUOTE=MsRandall;1290615]Retention ended up replacing it...QUOTE]

    So how does this Sprint thing work? I would assume they exchange it with in the first 30 days right? What about after 4 months?

    I have VZW and thinking about switching to Sprint and VZW gives you a one year warantee that you can exchange right in the store for a another. After the 30 days you get a refurbed unit.
  17. #37  
    I'm another Burgundy user, Treo's about 5 weeks old now and shows no signs of the finish wearing off or "delamination." I normally carry the Treo in my front pants pocket w/o a case.
  18. #38  
    ... how many weeks (days?) before Palm starts calling the failing coating "user damage"? I was shocked when they started coating Treos with this stuff after they had such an obvious failed beta test program with the Zire 72s a couple/few years ago.

    My money is on: by next week Palm and/or Sprint will start rejecting claims on the coating failure as "user caused." They were/are doing it when the keyboards fail on Treos - the assumption is that any keyboard that fails is due to a drop - regardless of the fact your Treo is completely scratchless.

    Bottom line - get insurance and be prepared for a fight for your valid warranty claims every time Palm's dumbness results in failure of your Treo. If Palm made cars, they'd paint them with watercolors and blame you when they bleed...... (at least they'd "run." harharhar...)
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  19. #39  
    We have to burgundy ones and so far so good. One is about a week old but the other one was purchased the first week of availability.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    Same here. I have burgundy and hubby has blue. He says burgundy is for girls.
    Well, I have a blue 755p, very masculine indeed. And my wife has a red BB Pearl and said if she got a 755p (she won't, it's not small enough for her tastes), it would be burgundy, not blue.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions