Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Finally, this BT stack lets me use my computer as a headset - meaning I hear thru the computer's speakers and talk thru my desktop mic.

    Anybody else using this? I want to move this into my truck (I have a carputer in there) but thru testing it seems the sound is coming back into the mic and the caller can hear themselves.

    Maybe a better mic (noise cancelling) will fix this.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    Finally, this BT stack lets me use my computer as a headset - meaning I hear thru the computer's speakers and talk thru my desktop mic.

    Anybody else using this? I want to move this into my truck (I have a carputer in there) but thru testing it seems the sound is coming back into the mic and the caller can hear themselves.

    Maybe a better mic (noise cancelling) will fix this.
    It's interesting as a curiosity, but that same curiosity makes me wonder why it'd be worthwhile - especially if you have to get a noise-cancelling headset to use with your laptop... to talk through your phone.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    It's interesting as a curiosity, but that same curiosity makes me wonder why it'd be worthwhile - especially if you have to get a noise-cancelling headset to use with your laptop... to talk through your phone.
    Im not using a laptop, but essentially the same thing. I have a PC in my truck that is integrated into my sound system.

    My goal is to emulate the BT setups in new cars - to have the audio come over my stereo speakers and to be able to speak freely without headsets or earpieces. I could mount a nice microphone (not headset) somewhere overhead.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinlow View Post
    Im not using a laptop, but essentially the same thing. I have a PC in my truck that is integrated into my sound system.

    My goal is to emulate the BT setups in new cars - to have the audio come over my stereo speakers and to be able to speak freely without headsets or earpieces. I could mount a nice microphone (not headset) somewhere overhead.
    Well, it certainly sounds interesting. Let us know how it progresses.

    And thanks for explaining.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  5. #5  
    I discovered this about a week ago... I said to myself this is neat, then I was trying to think when exactly would this come in handy, and couldn't think of a damn thing lol
    HTC Touch Pro
  6. #6  
    If you disable the computer's speakers e.g, send output only to the headset, that should eliminate the feedback.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I discovered this about a week ago... I said to myself this is neat, then I was trying to think when exactly would this come in handy, and couldn't think of a damn thing lol
    Was the stack supplied by your computer's manufacturer? I'm surprised that they'd include that kind of functionality.

    Kinda like how surprised I was to find that my Toshiba laptop came with a Bluetooth stack that didn't allow a2dp (sp?) unless I used a hack and didn't allow dial-up networking at all. I actually have to switch between the two (which is not fun) depending on the functionality that I need - which is usually DUN.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  8. #8  
    I discovered it using the s/w that came with my ambicon bt dongle... it worked perfectly, but IMO just using my bt headphones or the speakerphone would be more convienent

    *edit* ok I just checked... the s/w my dongle uses is Widcomm bluetooth Software 3.0.1.915

    My BlueSoleil s/w on my other pc only detects d.u.n. & object push only no voice gateway....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by R1_Rydah; 06/18/2007 at 04:02 PM.
    HTC Touch Pro
  9.    #9  
    I moved this into the car environment. Worked great, but caller was saying they were echoing. Their voice on the speakers is coming back into the mic.

    So im wondering how BT equipped cars do it. How does it differenciate between your voice and the callers so they can't hear themselves and only you.

    Im heading over to mp3car.com for some answers.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I discovered this about a week ago... I said to myself this is neat, then I was trying to think when exactly would this come in handy, and couldn't think of a damn thing lol
    There really isnt, of course unless you're like me and have a computer in your car that is attached to your stereo.

    Carputers are great - GPS, mp3 on a 200GB hard drive, engine diagnostics, satellite radio, TV, Nintendo, and slingbox if you have an aircard (or PAM plan, or tether hack)
  11. #11  
    I want a carputer! Where'd you guys get yours and about how much did they cost? Thanks!
  12.    #12  
    I built mine.

    This motherboard - 6.7" x 6.7" onboard video, sound, lan, PCMCIA slot
    Power Supply, DC-DC 120 Watts

    Enclosed in a plexi case I made. Total dimension are 8x8x3 and it fits in my center console.

    For the screen I use a 10.4" Datalux that I scored off the mp3 forums for $100. I gutted it and integrated into my dash using mdf and fiberglass.

    For a mouse I use a stationary trackball mouse. It mounts on my center console.

    I have 2 firewire port and 2 USB ports in a panel on the center console.

    I use an XMPCR XM unit that attaches via USB. I can view all the channels at once, they update song info every 5 seconds

    I modded the XMPCR with an optical output to keep it digital, so I needed to get a new soundcard. I chose the Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX card that had the input.

    For GPS, i use the Holux GM-210 GPS with Iguidance

    Check out mp3car.com/vbulletin for tons of info as well as other peoples worklogs and project pics.

Posting Permissions