Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I don't find myself using this app and wondered if I can safely delete it from the 755. I see that it's taking up quite a bit of memory, too. If it can be deleted, would I be able to re-install it later if I wanted to?
  2. #2  
    It's built into the ROM. Thus, currently you can't delete it.
  3. #3  
    Once you run it and download data, this data resides in the RAM. You would want to to delete these files if you don't want to use it. Using the standard delete option in the default app launcher would delete all the files that CAN be deleted.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

    Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    2483274973
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  4. #4  
    When it comes to space, the OD application itself takes up nothing...its all the OD file extensions that are taking up space. Since OD cannot be deleted, I deleted all of OD file extensions and plug-in with FileZ and I recall getting back almost 4 meg. I dislike OD so much that I use Uninstall to get rid of the app's icon even though it comes back after a reset, I still go and dump the icon...I don't even want to see the app icon.
    at&t iPhone3G
  5.    #5  
    Thanks John, Carl and KStewart. I deleted the OD related files, including OD itself - now no OD icon. What about deleting My Treo and My Palm stuff? Is that able to be done safely?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Thanks John, Carl and KStewart. I deleted the OD related files, including OD itself - now no OD icon. What about deleting My Treo and My Palm stuff? Is that able to be done safely?
    Thats a good idea...haven't tried those yet.
    at&t iPhone3G
  7. #7  
    If you don't want to delete and just hide, try obfuscate
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    If you don't want to delete and just hide, try obfuscate
    Ah, obfuscation, I hadn't even considered it. But that can only be done on the latest version of the software, and I'm not sure if it's compatible with the 755p (Sprint is the carrier), or if the version of the Palm OS I'm running will allow overclocking.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen View Post
    Ah, obfuscation, I hadn't even considered it. But that can only be done on the latest version of the software, and I'm not sure if it's compatible with the 755p (Sprint is the carrier), or if the version of the Palm OS I'm running will allow overclocking.
    I've been using obfuscate for a while, but my Palm resets a lot and often requires hard resets (not sure if its due to obfuscate though) so it could still be buggy or simply other software on my Palm.

    [a] Does anyone know what features of On Demand are free? [b]Is there a way to block the premium ones?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products

Posting Permissions